Appalachian Weathering and Modelworks Car #4-A Railbox from start to finish.

STEP 7: "It's the END of the world as we know it!(And I feel fine.)"

Yeah, I've been listening to too much Rock, I know.;) But, if you know much about Rock, you know that's a line from R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World as We Know It(And I Feel Fine)."

This was basically brush, hairspray, chalk, and paper towel. I wetted the brush with hairspray, dipped it in chalk, weathered the end heavily, then wiped away the excess. That's virtually it, on both sides.

I'll get that tack board later.

PB081381.jpg

End A.

PB081383.jpg

End B.

STEP 8: Side B

I'm edging closer and closer to getting this sucker finished.

This was done exactly like Side A. A little more rust here, though.

PB121386.jpg

STEP 9: The Underside and Trucks/Wheelsets

This is virtually just grimy black, oily black, and rust colors from Polly Scale. Oh yeah, and a brush. :rolleyes: I do not have it finished yet, so no pictures. I just thought I'd update you on progress.

I received the detail parts yesterday. Hopefully detailing will commence tomorrow.

Do note that the last 4(5 counting this one)posts are from today, for the few of you that follow this. :p

Please forgive me, as I have had diarrhea of the mouth tonight.(Meaning for some odd reason, I want to mispell words and use incorrect grammar.)

I did a little detailing last night. I got the air hoses on and painted the tips silver. Tonight/tomorrow will be spent trying to get the stirrups and coupler cut bars on. Oh, joy...

She's FINISHED!!!

I will just attach the photos to save the hassle of resizing them.

Yip-E!

Matt, I just now got over here to this thread and want to say thank you for the fine information. I have been putting off weathering anything because...well frankly...I really didn't have a clue as where to begin. Thanks to you I am at least ready and willing to start practicing. I hope to see plenty more from you.

Hi Matt, this is an excellent "How To Do It" thread, many thanks, I believe I'll copy your method and get rid of a few like new unrealistic cars. Thanks for sharing your ideas

13.gif
Willis

Don't give up Matt. Keep at it and study the prototype. And one day, you'll have a 'butt kicking' Railbox ready for eBay.

Back