1/87th Vehicles

Went to WM today store is starting to redo their mods. At this store they are going to keep the 1/87 trucks:) But as for the Norscot its a done deal:( They are on the clearance aisle for $5 right now. Alot of the bulldozer and excavator.
Not exactly, as they're stocking the Mini's now.

speaking of wal-mart i boughts some cat equitment there for 5-6 bucks 1/87 scale got a front loader and a bulldozer didnt know if that had been posted on here yet preety good detail on then to better than the 17-20 buks from a hooby store

Anyone from Canada see these in the WalMarts up here? Not in my local one, was wondering if it was worth a trip to the next town for a look-see.

All of the WM's close to me have a lot of them still left in their clearance isles, so, I'm sure if you went to another town near U, you might find some.
Why don't you call ahead & ask for the Toy Dept. mgr. & see if they have any. Don't call on the weekends, because they only work on weekdays here in the U.S.
Be sure & tell them they are 1/87th & not 1/64th.

Larry

Anyone from Canada see these in the WalMarts up here? Not in my local one, was wondering if it was worth a trip to the next town for a look-see.
Well yes there was a long dry spell here as far as 1/87 vehicles were concerned, But lately I've managed to get some. So far I've got the Norscot mini construction models at $2.92 ea, another trip I got 1/87 Model Collection cars $2.42 each and another time some 1/87 Hot wheels and 1/87 Fresh cherries cars. When you're in the store look up, way up where the sign tells you to ask for help with items on the top shelf, you might get a surprise. They must put them up there to keep the little darlings from putting them in their mouths and choking on them
smiley-cheers.png
Willis

HMMMMM......

......Still waiting somewhat IMPATIENTLY for my fire trucks to arrive.........

Still will give my opinion on them.... WHEN THEY GET HERE!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

HMMMMM......

......Still waiting somewhat IMPATIENTLY for my fire trucks to arrive.........

Still will give my opinion on them.... WHEN THEY GET HERE!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Soon, someday soon!

I got my last Monogram Exact BGN in the mail today. Now lets see what else I can find.

Would everyone keep me posted to when WM lowers the price from $5.00 on the Norscott construction vehicles. The store where I was working has a bunch, but I hardly ever go in there anymore.
Thanks,
Larry

Does anyone have a Dollar General in their neighborhood?

I went into town Friday and stopped by the Dollar General. While perusing the clearance rack for a toy or two for my grandsons, I ran across "Transporters".
Pix back here
*I hope this link thing works, I'm kinda new at this*
I picked up 5 and am going back for more. You get a tractor (either cab-over or conventional) with trailer and 2 cars in each package for $1.00. Yep that's just a buck! I don't think it can be beat.
The cars have interiors as do the semi tractors. The trailers measure out at 6 1/8 inch (+/-) for a scale length of 45 feet or thereabouts. Close enough engineering for me. A bit of touch-up paint and weathering and Taa-Daa. filler for that loading dock or parking lot or whatever.

*Oh my a real contribution from me*:D

Yes I do & for the past 4 years I have bought different ones that they have every time. Some of the tractors are kind of small & some are to big, but I've used all the trailers except the tandem cattle trailers. One year they had sets of the emergency vehicles; like the ambulances, fire dept vans, fire trucks, & other stuff all in 1 package for a buck. I hit the Dollar Tree's every year around Christmas (sept. to Dec.) & they sell some real nice semi's that are close to scale for HO.
Also, BIG LOTs has some nice stuff around the holidays too. I bought a bunch of "O" scale tree's one year for $2.00 & had 4 tree's per pkg. All I did to make them HO was cut off about 2" off the bottom of the tree trunk.

Larry

Almost forgot; Keep an eye peeled at the Sam's Wholesales this holiday season. They are supposed to come out w/a larger selection, as a set of the Malibu vehicles for Christmas. It hasn't been confirmed yet, because of the recall of China products. But, if they do it, it's supposed to be about 36 to 48 vehicles per box for either $38.00 or $50.00 per box. I don't have a Sam's card anymore, so I have to depend on friends that have them.

Larry

Well I just returned from a trip to the local Walmart in my area and they finally got some of the Hot Wheels 1/87's in.

My haul consists of:
Hot Wheels

Purple Passion
'05 Ford Mustang GT
Ford GTX1 Concept
Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept
Porsche Cayman
Enzo Ferrari
Bone Shaker

Winner's Circle:
#8 Oreo Chevy
#24 Dupont Nicorette (Green) Chevy
#31 Cingular Chevy
#43 STP Dodge

I e-mailed Awesome Diecast to check on the progress of my fire trucks. i sent the e-mail last night. They e-mailed me today, and said the trucks were sent out yesterday. They said they should be here by late next week. SO, I'll give my opinion then!!! Can't wait till they arrive!!!!.

Thanks Larry, I'll have to re-active my Sam's membership is they show up there. As for vehicles, anyone see the new Malibu trucks yet!? They've got a Volvo and some others. Check them out on http://www.truckstopmodels.com in the trucks section. I wonder if Wal*Mart will invest in them?

I have almost all of those trucks already. Matchbox makes the cabovers & the cement trucks & they are to scale. WM doesn't carry all of the Matchbox vehicles. I usually find that Dollar Tree carries a lot of trucks in the Matchbox line. Target carries a lot of Matchbox that WM doesn't carry. I've never really undestood why, because Mattel owns matchbox. You can also get those semi's at Dollar General & family Dollar. Both of those stores are owned by the same company.

Larry

Originally WM was going to sell all of the pickup truck line from Athearn. I never found out why that was cancelled. They may still come out w/the whole new Malibu line of semi's & pickups yet.

Larry

The WM in my town is overstocked w/1/87th vehicles. It seems I'm the only one buying them. In feb. of this year when WM cut the prices down to 2 for a buck of the cars I bought 3 cases of them & that cleaned them out.
Now, they have lots of the Malibu & still have a lot of the Norscott clearance tractors.
BTW, the 1/87th dump truck that I was looking for is on the 1/64th tractor & trailer made by Norscott & is $9.97. So, if anyone is looking for the 1/87th dump you will have to buy the bigger scale.

Larry

Josh:

Yes the trucks are in WM's at least on the east side of the country. If you really want them it looks like there are some on ebay all except for the Volvo 880.
Hopefully they'll start showing up allover before very long. Also I just picked up 2 new 5 packs in Savanha,Ga today of Malibu cars. 1st pack yellow Caymans, burgundy met Caddy, silver bug 30, gunmetal gray met Jag xk, dk. blue 911 Carrera S.:D

2ND PACK:
white Land Rover Discovery 3, gunmetal gray met LR Range Rover Sport,yellow Boxter S, black Caymans, and silver 356A.:cool:

Cool, I'll be watching for them, the Volvo is used by numerous companies now! UPS/UPS freight, Fedex...

Back