1/87th Vehicles

I finally found the "REEL Rides" Chevy C-10 pick up at my local Walmart.
I ended up bying two of em.

WOW, I didn't think anybody was licensed to produce GM vehicles that small anymore, because of toddler choking worries. Is that company [Reel Rides] still in business?

WOW, I didn't think anybody was licensed to produce GM vehicles that small anymore, because of toddler choking worries. Is that company [Reel Rides] still in business?

I don't know Ken.
I just happened to see the last two trucks on the shelf and grabbed them.:D

Yes, Ken, Reel Rides is a Malibu line:
http://www.reelridesvip.com/

There's 5 more vehicles coming to the line this fall, it was discussed a while back. Gonna get the BTTF Delorean, and the cars from Italian job (Mini coopers), plus some others I cn't remember off the top of my head.

Hey guys:

Ijust picked up 9 of the Norscot CATS for $3 ea in the Brandon,Fl area so hopefully they be going down elsewhere, also they were closingout the 1/87 Reel Rides and Fresh Cherries for $2.

Picked up more of the 1/87 Hot Wheels. The only one I need is the Purple Passion. I heard rumor of a Treasure Hunt green/white VW bug. Is this true:rolleyes:

Picked up more of the 1/87 Hot Wheels. The only one I need is the Purple Passion. I heard rumor of a Treasure Hunt green/white VW bug. Is this true:rolleyes:

I think I have the VW, but I didn't know it was a treasure hunt vehicle.
Since I've packed up everything until I get the new layout going it's hard to know what I have & don't have.

I haven't been to WM for almost a week & they are having inventory today, so, tomorrow I guess I should go in case they have lowered the prices again.

Larry:D

From what I've seen, there's a "treasure hunt" for EACH car. A Green Bug, and a Red mustang with black racing stripes, that I've seen so far myself (on eBay but...).

The Fire Brigade Is In !!!!!!!

Jbaakko, and anyone else interested,

I FINALLY got my two fire trucks, so, here is my opinion on them!! I'll start with the:

2003 E-ONE HP100 LADDER TRUCK: This is one GREAT looking truck!!! It is very nicely painted, and the ladder raises and lowers, and the ladder base rotates 360 degrees.

The ONLY complaint I have about this truck is that the ladder assembly is a ONE piece mold, the ladder DOES NOT extend. Otherwise, it's a beautiful truck!!!

Next,

The 1993 PIERCE LANCE BRONTO TOWER LADDER TRUCK.

All I can say about this truck is----WOW!!!! Awesome model!!!! Everything on this trucks works, including the "bronto" extension on the main boom!!! This is the best of the two trucks. Only complaint on this truck is that they didn't paint the emergency lights on top of the cab red. Otherwise, all of the other "lights" are there!!! Also. the stabilizers on both trucks dont come out.

My opinion: Other than the MINOR complaints, These trucks are WELL WORTH the $20.00 each!!! These make Boley trucks look like toys!!!
Would I recommend these???? YES!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I went to Wal-Mart Supercenter two days ago, and only walked out with a Yellow Semi Truck From Malibu. It was the only thing new in vehicles. Also went to Wal-Mart in Kenosha today, and got the Purple Passion car from Hot Wheels. It is the ONLY car from Hot Wheels that I'll get from the first set. I don't like the oversize rear wheels on the rest!!!!

That's all for now, Jbaakko, You may now order your fire trucks, They're worth it!!!!:D

Yesum, Got me a Peirce Bronto, The E-One HP75 & E-One HP100. Now to find me the Heavy Rescue, and pumper, at least.

By the way, I've also found some old Micro Machines offerings, "Collector Edition", so far C1-C5 Corvette's!

Went to my WM store today & they still haven't lowered the price on the Norscott tractors & said they aren't till after Christmas. They're not lowering the prices on the other vehicles either.

Larry

Another thing I noticed about the Bronto truck is that there was no air pistons molded on the boom. If you raise the boom up, it will go back down. No piston th hold the ladder up. Also, no piston on the Bronto extension, or the platform. This truck would be best used for either "responding" or "returning from a scene, or sitting in front of the F.D. At least on the HP100 Ladder truck, the ladder stays up.

I really don't plan on having a "fire" scene, beyond, maybe a small brush fire. Though it would be nice, its too common a use for fire engines to me. Besides, there's a few CDF stations just off the tracks, and some nice stores I can put them at (shopping for the BBQ!).

Well, I didn't win any of the Micro Machines Corvette's, they went for quite a price! $25 for 4, C1-C4 vette's

Went to WM on Friday and the Norscott 1/87 were all gone:( They had the new mini's and some very small cars almost N-scale on a blue card. The price is 97 cents. Not sure if they are Fresh Cherries I forgot the name:eek: Anyone else seen these?

Larry started a new thread about them, I haven't seen them yet myself, they look ok?

I'm still waiting for the Mustang to hit my Fresh Cherries stock, and the new Malibu semi's...

Oh, I went to wal*mart with the intention of buying one Corgi M1A1 Abrams, to compare it to my Roco one, they were all sold out. When I see them again, I'm going to buy one, to compare it.

Recently added a blue beetle from the Malibu line, and I managed to win an Ertl semi, and a Micro Machines Collector Edition Corevette...

Well my Wal-Mat just recently rearanged the shelves, so that I may finally get some Reel Rides! I will need to keep a very close eye on that aisle. They did have the expanded Fresh Cherries line, so I picked up a few each of the AMC Hornets and Ford Mustangs, plus some of the other cars in new paint. Of all the lines so far, the Fresh Cherries seem to be the most useful for us HO modelers. We need the clunkers to fill the factory parking lots that our HO scale blue collar workers would drive.

Back