1/87th Vehicles

Added 6 new roll-on tow trucks today to the completed pile.

001-43.jpg

And for your family stranded on the road, a nice crew cab to fit everyone in. ;)

002-21.jpg

Then I took this plain old generic ambulance..........................

07-250x250-0-0_boleyho2003gmctopkickpaddywagonnypd.jpg

and doctored it up with some MicroScale decals.

002-22.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-9.jpg

Sure they would Karl. Now if only someone made a truck bed like that, I'd have a fleet of them!!! ;)

You mean like this? I have made a few of them and sold them on ebay. Have a 4900 older body on the table right now, and a wheel service truck too.
They even have the correct Diesel Fuel Hazmat placards on them.

Scott
Seller: Mycaw

All made by hand from plastic stock. Made from pics of real UP and BNSF trucks that service the on track MOW equipment.

You mean like this? I have made a few of them and sold them on ebay. Have a 4900 older body on the table right now, and a wheel service truck too.
They even have the correct Diesel Fuel Hazmat placards on them.

Scott
Seller: Mycaw

All I can say is,,wow!

Propane Truck

Do you guys know of something handy to make the tank of a propane truck like this;

MFA_PROPANE.jpg

I already have a Boley Flatbed tow truck to put it on.

I don't know if it will be the right size, but maybe you can strip or paint over one of these :D

CoolZips_Category_Page_Mighty_Beanz.jpg

and mount it to the truck.

Where would you find one of those might beanz? Measuring the truck, the capsule needs to be about 2" long and 3/4" in diameter (can be up to a 1" in diameter, but will be oversize)

Last edited by a moderator:
Given those dimensions, the Mighty Beanz should be just the right size

You can get them at Toys R Us and maybe at the toy aisle of Walgreens or something.

Just completed this Section Crew welder truck. Decided not to put HyRail wheels on this one. It is modeled after a real BNSF truck out of Temple, TX yard. It is on ebay right now if you are interested.
Scott

Jerome,
I use Evergreen styrene for the cabinets, then overlay .010" strips in a smaller width for the doors, be very careful, too much glue and they stick out and don't look right. Took me a while to get it right, and a lot of "happy" words.

Scott

Back