1/87th Vehicles

Added tarps to the 2 A&P dump trucks today.

0012-12.jpg

Ouengr, I took some tissue wrapping paper, wrinkled it up, painted it a tan with some Floquil paint, cut it to size, used white glue to glue it to a small brass rod, then rolled it up.

You mean like this? I have made a few of them and sold them on ebay. Have a 4900 older body on the table right now, and a wheel service truck too.
They even have the correct Diesel Fuel Hazmat placards on them.

Scott
Seller: Mycaw

Scott,

If you ever put some of these fuel and lube trucks up on ebay again or if you are interested in building a couple of them on the side for me let me know :D Your work looks great and i would love to have some of these trucks to go with my equipment rental yard

Jerome, you certainly got a sweet A&P Fleet of trucks going there! I like the addition of the cones on the front bumpers of those dump trucks! How did you go about doing that, just glue them on or did you make a rack for it and then place the cone on?

ahhh i see lol

I was going to say that they look similar to the Scale Scenics cones, but I think the SS cones are just a bit taller and skinnier then yours

Figured I would post a couple pictures of some trucks i have been working on for the past week or so

3 of my Robertson's Transport Peterbilt 389 Dump Trucks.

DSCN0266-1.jpg

Transfer Dump, will have a Transfer Dump Trailer as well.

DSCN0286-1.jpg

"Half-Pipe" Dump bed w/Lift Axle

DSCN0292-1.jpg

"Super Dump" w/2 Lift Axles

Just finished off another dump truck. I now have two identical Kenworth dumps with 3-axle dump trailers, I plan on making 2 more giving me a total of 4 identical Kenwoth dumps to be part of my Robertson's Transport fleet.

These trucks were built using a Kenworth Dump Truck set from Herpa, a dump bed from a Model Power Kenworth Dump Truck, and a different dump bed also made by Herpa for the trailer

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

Came up with some new loads for the flatbed trucks today. I need to go track down some 1/32 inch drafters tape to make the bands though.

tr1001.jpg

Jerome, I use narrow floss(gum/teeth floss) that I buy at Dollar tree to make bands for loads. You can get it in 1/16th & 1/8th widths. It's white, so, I clamp it to a post on 1 end & clamp it tight on the other end & paint it w/flat yellow testors model paint. I usually make a strip about 3 ft. long at a time. It glues together nice w/E6000 adhesive or others.
The floss comes in small white or tan oval shaped containers. There's enough in there to do about 500 loads.

Nice looking load Jerome!

Fresh out of the paint shop is another Mack dump truck. I added a hitch the back so I can eventually hook up a nice looking tag-along trailer when someone starts making them :rolleyes: I also added a lift-axle and a small toolbox behind the fuel tank on the drivers side. All that is left to do now is added some Robertson's Transport decals and apply some light weathering.

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0313.jpg

I call this one a power distribution truck. Just made up a bunch of left over detail parts to make it up. It'll get the A&P MOW scheme added to it next.

ge2001.jpg

Back