1/87th Vehicles

The Plow Master 6000 has a light bar that can be used:

http://www.matchbox.com/showcase/product.aspx?product_number=M5344&category_id=7539&section=

Quite a few years ago, I made a flat bed truck out of a .99 cent off brand box truck and put the highway maintenance light bar and plow on it.

No, that's a really good idea...thanks. I mean at about a dollar a piece it really isn't a bad idea. I was going to scratch build one, but I'm new at scratch building thing...and quite frankly I'm not that good at it either.

I was wondering Athearn has some 53' Wabash Duraplate trailers in various companys.
Do these all come in packs of two trailers or are they just single trailers?

I will post pictures of them when I get them. I have a few containers from them as well with a chassis. I will post pictures of all the ones I have when I get home again.
The Containers look great however I was going to weather most of them. a few will remain in new condition as thats how they really are.

Just picked up one of these bad Larry's on ebay for about $118 shipped. Definitely worth the price if you ask me. Mostly metal...too!!!

HitachiEX8000HO.png

That Excavator looks awesome. Jim is right, it will make a great addition to a strip mine layout. How about a picture to show the scale?

new vehicles

NEWWS-NEWS-NEWS,

Was in a WM about 30 miles south of me & on the new modular is some new Norscot & some new MatchBox trucks.
The Norscot tractors are already weathered at $9.99 ea. & the Matchbox is a whole new line. I saw a brite green firetruck, 3 diff. colors of a dumping garbage truck & 3 diff. colors of a cement truck. Some of the pegs were almost empty, so, there may be some more different ones.
Don't know how many stores will have them. maybe only the giant Supercenters in the bigger towns.
I didn't get any cause I don't need'm.

Larry

I saw the weathered CATs at the WM here as well. The whole toy section is under remodeling so all of the shelves are pretty bare right now but, I suspect there will be a lot of new items in the next day or two.

That Excavator looks awesome. Jim is right, it will make a great addition to a strip mine layout. How about a picture to show the scale?

Yeah, I will have to get one. That picture really doesn't do it justice anyway. It is really heavy too. My plans were to throw it on this...

DSC03582.png

DSC03598.png

DSC03591.png

What do you think?

An absolutely georgeous Schnabel truck D2, but I think the EX8000 is N scale - am I right? Then, even if your rig is also N, that excavator would be way too large to fit...

An absolutely georgeous Schnabel truck D2, but I think the EX8000 is N scale - am I right? Then, even if your rig is also N, that excavator would be way too large to fit...

Nope. It's definitely HO. I looked it up by part number and checked with a different source. Also, they don't make that one in "n" scale. Plus one of my Atlas pickup trucks fits in the bucket (not completely...but almost) which would make it the right size.

nice Rig and trailer that mining shovel would be hauled disassembled not just for the reason of weight but to be able to get the truck into or near the mine to off load it. A trailer that large would also need a pusher truck(or 2) to safely get up any grades larger than 4-5%. the puser trucks would also need concrete blocks for traction!

Back