Search results

1. Hawkeye251

Railflyer BN GP38-2, 2154

I've done some more work on my Railflyer GP38-2. Some of this stuff was posted in the WPF a few weeks back, but the tread and a couple of other things are new. http://milepost15.wordpress.com/ - Chris
  2. Hawkeye251

Baking artist oil onto wheelsets?

I'm painting the wheels for my GP40-2 (yes that project is still alive :-) using Brian Banna's method: http://www.6axlepwr.com/CIM_SD38d2_trucks_01.html I primed the face of each wheel with Polly Scale Undercoat Lt. Gray which I let dry completely (took about 2 days). Next, I stippled on...
  3. Hawkeye251

Wire for Ho scale locomotives

Anyone know of a reliable source for 30 or 32 AWG insulated wire? I need to wire up my HO GP40-2, but the 24AWG stuff I have is going to be overkill. Also, when purchasing said wire, is stranded or solid-core best? Chris
  4. Hawkeye251

New England/Northeast RPM Meet

I'm at the NERPM meet in Collinsville, CT. this weekend. So far it's been great, a lot of really terrific modeling on display and a number of excellent clinics. The model display seemed to be mostly HO scale, with some O scale steam and diesel, and a few N scale items thrown in as well. A lot...
  5. Hawkeye251

Aerial photographs modified to look like model photo's

So apparently our compatriots in the R/C airplane hobby have figured out a way to modify photographs taken from their aircraft so that they appear to show a scale model. Sorta hard to describe, but it's really fascinating, and seems like it could possibly be a good resource for model...
  6. Hawkeye251

Campbell Scale Models instructions

Hi all, I hope everyone had a good holiday season. I myself came home with 3 Campbell Scale Models kits that I bought 10 or 11 years ago and stashed at my mom's house. Unfortunately though the instructions and plans seem to have disappeared. I have 2 of kit #762 HO - 70' Thru Timber...
  7. Hawkeye251

Highliners Kits

Anyone know of a source for Highliners F7A kits? Or what the status of the company is? I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks, Chris
  8. Hawkeye251

Lego bridge

I had some spare Lego's left over after categorizing and assembling all the sets I'd accumulated over the years, so I built this bridge to display the only Lego train set I ever bought. Someday when I have room I'd like to build a small switching layout entirely out of lego's... they're such...
  9. Hawkeye251

Data Center in a shipping container

I'm definitely going to build a few of these in HO scale: http://www.sun.com/emrkt/blackbox/index.jsp
  10. Hawkeye251

K28 kitbash

This could probably also go in the Craftsman section... Anyway, it's a G Scale K28 that was posted to the LiveJournal Model Railroader Community that I thought was particularly well done. Chris
  11. Hawkeye251

Cab interior's

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased or seen a picture of Precision Scale Company's Interior detail kit for a late EMD cab. I'm wondering if it would work for a GP40-2 since walthers has it in stock. However they don't have a picture, which makes me uncertain. If anyone has seen this kit...
  12. Hawkeye251

Rio Grande cab interior color?

I figure you may know this one grande man... I'm wondering what color the Rio Grande would have used inside it's late model diesel locomotives. I know a lot of older locomotives were a sort of pea green, and I have also seen some interior shots where everything was a sort of cream or...
  13. Hawkeye251

Model Railroad publications

I've been a subscriber to Model Railroader since about 1995 and I have quite a few back issues dating to 1990. At the time I started subscribing, I really enjoyed the magazine. There were great fold out schematics of locomotives and famous passenger trains, a lot of articles on kitbashing and...
  14. Hawkeye251

GP40-2 Project

I just discovered this forum, from a posting on another forum. After browsing for awhile I realized theres a lot going on here that I'm interested in so I thought I'd join. I've been posting this elsewhere, so a few of you may have seen it before. I'm working on building a late model GP40-2...

Back