Lego bridge

Hawkeye251

I had some spare Lego's left over after categorizing and assembling all the sets I'd accumulated over the years, so I built this bridge to display the only Lego train set I ever bought.

Someday when I have room I'd like to build a small switching layout entirely out of lego's... they're such a fun medium to build stuff with.

Warning on the Lego topic, they switched to 12v RC trains. The older 9V (which you have there) and new 12V RC "don't work togeather" unless you run the RC on the 9V track. They just removed the power pack & metal rail caps for the new RC line. HOWEVER the newest RC freight train is pretty darn nice!

I still want the BNSF GP38-2.

Oh all rolling stock is iterchangeable if they have the newer style magnets.

Yeah, the new freight train is pretty neat, and from what I can tell, shouldn't be too difficult to convert to 9v. I think one would just need to buy a new motor and replace the big remote control box with properly colored bricks, though it might be better to keep it that way so that more than one train can operate on the same "block".

I don't know if I'll buy many more trains though... the only other set I ever really wanted was the Amtrak style passenger train that they re-released a couple years back, I might someday get that, some 9v compatible points and some extra track and see what I can do.

Yeah, everything in the RC line is the same, besides the fact that it no longer draws from the rail. Hope ya can get what you''ll need!

I still plan on doing a 8wide SD70ACe...

An 8 wide S70ace would be pretty cool. 10 wide might be a little closer to scale, though it would probably have a heck of a time negotiating the curve radius that Lego track has.

If you haven't already seen it... check out this program: http://www.ldraw.org/ It's pretty useful for planning projects.

Chris

Back