Search results

1. ctclibby

2-10-2 and vertical easement

So working with my helix my 1st thought was to bend a piece of plywood to match the helix grade from tangent. Got to thinking about it and decided to delve deeper into it for the 'how long is the approach' question, JIC. I have big steam that needs to go up/down the helix; 4-8-8-4, 4-6-6-4...
  2. ctclibby

Insert Train Here....

Have seen this thread on another forum and thought that it might work OkieDokie. [Admin] feel free to move this to a better location, or if not wanted delete it. You know of those times you have great day, good light and time; so ya go out and chase trains. Well, as you probably know there are...
  3. ctclibby

MRC Universal 16Bit sound/decoder ( EMD 567 )

Good Morning Gals and Guys! Was sifting through my crap to classify it and found multiples; 8 NiB. I have decided NOT to upgrade power that already has a decoder but no sound. If they happen to have sound when bought, so be it. I have multiple engines that are DC only so it looks like a ton of...
  4. ctclibby

Interchange?

Hi All! Got to thinking about this and need some wisdom please; what would the 1:1 do? Have a Branch Line that connects with the Main Line in both directions. Branch Line has restrictions: grade, radius and turnout geometry. Main Line trains with power bigger than 2-8-2's or SD40's can not...
  5. ctclibby

Intentionally slowing down operations?

Hi All! Asked somewhat this question in the diner but got no takers - well execpt for likes and such. Anyway - the .subject says most. My current layout plan is an around-the-room upper and lower bench/shelve with the center area for rugged or mountainous areas. The mainline travels around the...
  6. ctclibby

Digitrak rf wireless

Howdy All! Need some insight please. Been looking at the DT602 with associated UR93 loconet RF widget. There is also a utility throttle UT6. Ok so the question is: am I better off NOT getting the DT602 and rely on JMRI and it's loconet interface to deal with decoders? Will the UT6 be good enough...
  7. ctclibby

Wanted: NS code 83 rail

I don't care what manufacture. Looking for 3ft sections preferably, shorter lengths probably ok. Don't want anything under 12 inches though. What do you have laying around that needs to be relocated? Let me know. Thanks!
  8. ctclibby

Scott City

Possible grain/product transfer in Scott City, MO And while I was standing there.... CP D126 Ancell - saw 4 trains, all UP and West bound. Mex place just to the right of the Google Maps pix was excellent!
  9. ctclibby

Spokane circa 1961

I ran across these 3 and thought that y'all might be interested. The aerial shows Union Station and Great Northern Station. Northern Pacific is to the left of Union Station and out of sight. Havermill Island's claim to fame was Expo 74 in which all the railroad and most of the ground structures...
  10. ctclibby

CN22 - Tower

Found on I57 about mm 305 in IL ( just S of Kankakee ). Think it is/was milepost CN22.
  11. ctclibby

Signaling a complex junction

Hi All, What would the prototype do for signaling the layout clip below. I do not have a Delta/Wye near me so I can not go and watch. Delta Jct in Everett, Wa. does not have 2 main tracks, so 2 light signals are used for that location - well, at least I do not remember 2 main tracks. Assume...
  12. ctclibby

CtcLibby Pix

Going back on the road next week, probably 3/21/2022 ( Monday ) and will take pix with me and post when I can from my laptop. Internet speed and availability will probably come into play. There are 7500 pix of which *most* are good enough for public consumption. This one is the Essex yard...
  13. ctclibby

Coastal Overland

Hi All! Figured it was time to start a blurb here. I have changed the pix to links instead of uploading when I update them. Found out that the links are NOT live ones. Have to do things a bit different. Note that this is preliminary stuff and not complete but should give you the general idea of...
  14. ctclibby

Ebay wonderment?

Anybody else have to go through this? Ordered 2 products from a major seller. Got one. Complained to the seller with no response. Complained to Ebay about not getting 2nd and that there was no contact from seller. This is the response I got from eBay: Hello Todd, Thank you for reaching on...
  15. ctclibby

Somebody forgot to tighten their straps!

Just West of Needles, CA. Cell phone pix, smudges are bugs on the windshield. Pix date 6/2021 @ 2030 with the temp at 106. Went by about a week prior but couldn't get stopped for the pix. Still there on the next loop as you can see.
  16. ctclibby

Fun with rulers!

Hi guys and gals! Happy Monday! Boy, you are gonna laugh at me - well, maybe with me. I bought the thingie in the pix a few years back. While I was starting to get my center points for bench work and major curves done I found that my previous measurements were not ..um.. measuring up to what I...
  17. ctclibby

Train cave plan

Good Morning all! Take a look at the pix below. My wants are: Long runs with somewhat long trains, less than 2% grades, 36in minimum mainline radii, #8 of greater turnouts main to main, #6 or less main to house track, and at least 36in isleways. Sidings are at least 22ft as are arrival and...
  18. ctclibby

Turntable and associated stuff wisdom please.

Good Morning all - hope your turkey day was excellent! I stuffed myself and had to be rolled away from the table - THEN the wife came up with Pumpkin Cream Pie; never had that and it was gooood. Trying to shoehorn a 135ft turntable into the only corner that looks like it will fit. Question is...
  19. ctclibby

Coastal Overland build

Hi Guys and Gals! Finally got the dang room done ( enough ). I can't believe how slow I am just because ima older. Well, I don't think ima older, but folks tell me "it's so"; so that could be most of the problem. Anyway take a look at Coastal Overland as I have posted pix and text of what I did...
  20. ctclibby

Coastal Overland RR - startup!

Hi All! Finally winding down into retirement and am getting started on building my layout. Still have to go out on the road for another year, although I am home right now waiting for my wife to get new parts - hip. We team drive over the road and expect to be going again near April. See the...

Back