Search results

1. Zephyr

C&D cars are LOADED! (warning: lots of pics)

Nice work! I have been waiting to see these for quite a while and can't wait to see them in person!
  2. Zephyr

The Last Run

Right on, Brad! I really like that scene and look forward to your next HO layout.
  3. Zephyr

Photo Fun 20, 21 22

Nice photos, everyone! I finished up my C40-8s:
  4. Zephyr

Weekend Photofun 16-17-18

It's pretty simple and this is the first time I tried it. Just take some blue painter's tape, I use the smallest width, and cut pieces to cover most of the roof but don't go all the way to the end. I use 4 total pieces, each overlapping another a little. Because of the ridges on the roof, you...
  5. Zephyr

Weekend Photofun 16-17-18

Nice updates everyone! I finally started my next boxcar project and was able to finish painting the roofs on all of them and finished painting 8 of them. The other 16 will be boxcar red.
  6. Zephyr

Proto 2000 GP20 frame/GP7 shell

The GP7 Atlas hood works well with the P2K GP20 body. Here is a photo showing the locomotive before paint and decals. Stay tuned!
  7. Zephyr

Older Atlas Locomotive to DCC?

Thanks everyone for your help! That really reassures me. It sounds like I can get a good deal out of this (I'm buying a motor from a friend), so I will pursue it. I have been getting better at soldering lately and that will help. I am planning on painting this in the blue/white scheme, so...
  8. Zephyr

Older Atlas Locomotive to DCC?

Any idea if an older Atlas GP40 would be easy to convert to DCC? Or would it even be worth it? This would be from when they made them in Austria. It looks like this:
  9. Zephyr

weekend photofun 9/10/11 May 08

I finished up my U30C project. This is an Altas Gold Series, former L&N motor. Here it is with the other U30C, which is still in the blue/white scheme.
  10. Zephyr

That's crazy! I actually barely got it; it ended at my max bid at the very last second. I don't know if it has DB or not and I didn't ask because I am going to replace that with the non-DB GP7 hood. I did ask if it was high or low nose because I need a low nose. I think we should...
  11. Zephyr

Thanks! I got an undec GP20 and bought the China version of the GP7 hood. I'll keep you updated on the progress, although it probably won't be finished for another month or so. Thanks again everyone for your help.
  12. Zephyr

Also, does it matter if I get the Japan version or the China version for the Atlas GP7 shell? They both look the same.
  13. Zephyr

I am modeling a chop-nose GP7 (actually a GP7 that had its cab & nose replaced with one from a GP20) and I am thinking it might be easier to replace the hood instead of the cab. Are the hoods from the from both manufacturers roughly the same dimension? Josh, thanks for the tip on the shell...
  14. Zephyr

I am looking at putting a GP7 hood onto a GP20 frame. Does anyone know if an Atlas GP7 hood would fit the frame of a Proto 2000 GP20? There seems to be more Atlas shells available than Proto 2000. Thanks for your help!
  15. Zephyr

Long Weekend "Worker's day" Photo Fun!!! May 1-2-3 and 4

This week I finished up some fuel tenders for the BN and the Rock Island. These were former Athearn 62' tank cars. The BN unit was painted for a friend and I'll use the RI unit for my long-distance hot freights.
  16. Zephyr

PROTO 1000 100-Ton Three-Bay Open Hopper Loads?

Does anyone know if there are loads for these cars or if loads will be made in the future? http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/920-37009
  17. Zephyr

Weekend Photo Fun Apr 25 -28, 2008

Hey Tom, nice shots of your Arlee kits! I think it makes for a nice small-size station as well; the only thing I wish it had was another door for the "street side." Since it will be the only wood depot on my pike, I figured it was a natural candidate to receive the blue/white scheme.
  18. Zephyr

Speaking of Ebay, man some people have lost it!!!

Good finds! I have noticed similar sales and I think Ken hit the nail on the head. But it's too rich for my blood! Especially when I can do something similar and feel accomplished about it at the same time.
  19. Zephyr

Weekend Fun!!!! 28-29-30 March

This weekend I finished weathering some boxcars and worked on a new project, an Athearn GP38 for the Chicago Central & Pacific (Illinois Central's spinoff of the Iowa Division). Here are the boxcars after the rust treatment. The oil needs to dry for a few days before I can dullcote them and...
  20. Zephyr

Easter Weekend Photo fun 21/22/23/24 March

Thanks, Joe, I always appreciate your comments. I'd like to see more of your stuff!

Back