Photo Fun 20, 21 22

Wow!!! Absolutely great photos again. This thread just gets better and better. Oh! And Eric......... OMG! What a fantastic photo! I just want to walk over and climb up in them diseasals and spend the day in the cabs! I gotta spend some more money on my photography hobby, I can see that.

I have spent what little time I have had this week nurturing some shrubs, trees, grass and weeds to grow on the barren hillside below the farm. (These are just some quick flash pics.....) It has gone from this a few months ago:

TheHills09w.png

To this as of earlier tonight:

Hillside01w.png

Hillside02w.png

Was meandering through the Mt. Hood railroad engine facility and found these two leased locomotives one is a UP Challenger and the other is a NP Challenger. Taken on the Mt. Hood Model Engineer's layout in portland oregon. The UP Challenger is mine and the NP Challenger is a brass model owned by a club member. This is the only photo i have that turned out good. will have the chance to get more photo's on thrusday and hopefully some will turn out good to post here.

Paul, great shots of the B-17. Amazing there are any still flying. That Cessna Citation is a Marine Corps UC-35, which usually does VIP transport. Must have been someone high in the Corps to get hauled around in that and get met by a limo.

Don and Maxi, anyone who can do that kind of flying on the computer is a lot better than me. I've tried Flight Simulator a few times and mostly manage to crash on takeoff or landing :eek: My brother is a pilot and flies all over the world with FS. He likes that acrobatic stuff too. Just looking at it makes me dizzy. :)

Ray46, looks like you cut up a lot minature timber to make that load. Very nice looking job.

Jerome, I really like that caved in fuel tank on the CSX unit. Is this a custom job for a customer too? How many of your creations stay on your layout?

Jim, believe it or not, that one is just for fun. I had the tank already done and was working on that ghost, I figured what the heck, wreck it. LOL

Wowo amazzing pictures all . Jim that B-17 cost $3 million to restore. And a side note any WW11 veteran can fly in it for free. Which is a nice jesture since they are the men that freed our world .

Paul, that is nice that let vets fly for free. I wonder how many are still around that served on the "Fort"?

Ray, forgot to mention your forest. Quite a change from the barren hillside. Looks like a great place for a kid to hang out and watch trains while visting Grandma on the farm :)

Jeffrey, nice overall shot of the roads and trains. You've got to get some crossbucks up at the crossing before the kids in the school bus get squashed. :D

Hate to overload you guys with photos, but this IS the Photofun, isn't it???

As some of you may know, I am spending an indefinite time down here in West Virginia. One of the places I have wanted to see since a few years ago was the Harpers Ferry/Point of Rocks area. Little did I know that MARC trains run through there...

MARC is one of those railroads that I just love...I love their equipment, and I love their locomotives!

A surprise to me was learning along the way that MARC runs through the area. Since Point of Rocks was on my list of places to go, I timed it out to go there in the afternoon when I could catch a few trains, and see the beautiful depot in full sunlight...

For modeling purposes, I took a LOT of photos of these engines...I especially needed pics of the exhaust stack for the HEP on their old GP40-2s, as well as some good overalls of the GP40FW-2s...

Here's what I got...

DSC08710.jpg

DSC08720.jpg

DSC08731.jpg

DSC08750.jpg

DSC08754.jpg

DSC08760.jpg

DSC08765.jpg

DSC08772.jpg

DSC08776.jpg

DSC08777.jpg

DSC08778.jpg

DSC08779.jpg

back.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Phil

Nice pics

I went on a little railfanning tonight, but I only had my cell phone (unplanned visit to the river)

Just missed a train when I got there, luckly one was just about to leave. Nothing like watching the trains burning the midnight oil.

Nice Marc shots, M-K/Boise Locomotive works sure did some odd passenger units, they're kind of the new "defacto" Commuter company too, (well its successor MPI).

Back