Search results

1. joshjefflawn

Yea, My first Video.

Its Called: 1 No tripod. 2 Low budget Camera (actually Its Parents old camera that they used to use. The have upgraded.) 3. Film operator Error.:rolleyes: Well I hope you enjoyed the films none the less. In fact two of the films I have taken, one the train stalls going up grade. I...
  2. joshjefflawn

Yea, My first Video.

I called it a worm train, because the brown grain cars sort of look like an earth worm, I don't know, I guess I have heard someone call it that before.
  3. joshjefflawn

Yea, My first Video.

Well Heres my first couple videos. Hope you enjoy.:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w034UJszBaM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlM0CuKMqm0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-QF3J3A5Y
  4. joshjefflawn

Weekly Photo Fun 5-08/5-14

Hey, that looks familiar. I actually have one, and ther'er really cool.
  5. joshjefflawn

I have a crazy idea, I think.

Thanks. I think it could be cool. I just have to get it going. The hardest part right now is that I'm not working right now (should have a job in about a week or two) but for now I'm just kind of comming up with ideas. The paint itself seems pretty reasonable, price wise but getting a new...
  6. joshjefflawn

Because I was using microsoft paint, and its just a rugh idea. Of course the acctuall locomotive would have much straighter lines, without the grey lines.:D
  7. joshjefflawn

Railroad Poll

Well, I'm pretty sure that most people here know that I like SP, I think I might have said that a couple times on here.:rolleyes: But you know the funny thing is, I don't really have a favorite railroad. I like CSX, Conrail, Chessie System, Norfolk Southern. Pretty much if its loud and on...
  8. joshjefflawn

So I was looking at Matts New York Central System web page. When all of a sudden, an idea slamed into my brain like a frieght train slamming into a prius.:D If I am modeling a ficticous Southern Pacific Rio Grande Company. Why not model a modern SP passenger train. Maybe if Southern...
  9. joshjefflawn

Oops, looks like some one at Sacramento left a door open.

The story behind the SD90MAC getting painted into SP, is this. I like espee, got tired of UP, so I "edited" SP history so that in 2000, Southern Pacific Rio Grande Company buys out Union Pacific. To make it short I am modeling a ficticous Espee, Rio Grande railroad that continued into the...
  10. joshjefflawn

C&O of Indiana video

Hey cool videos. I like what you guys have done to the layout.
  11. joshjefflawn

Thanks, the funny thing is I'm just starting. I got like 4 other locomotives I'm doing the same thing to, ha ha. we will see what happens.:)
  12. joshjefflawn

Episode V,

Hey this videos pretty cool, for a kid, I especially like the Rodger Miller being played in the video.:)
  13. joshjefflawn

Well, I heard that SP was painting some ex UP SD90/43MAC's into grey and scarlet. When I got there I noticed somebody "accedentaly" left the back door open, I snuck in to look, and take some "unofficial photos", Looks like ex UP 8242 is well on its way to become SP 800. ha ha. I think I'm...
  14. joshjefflawn

My 2nd weathering project: SD45T-2

I suggest, dump some grey paint on it, add a little red on the nose and long hood end, and walla, you've got your self a nice looking locomotive. :D Ha ha, Sorry, I just had to say that. Hey I think that your weathering is really good, yea I would probably try to dull the yellow just a bit...
  15. joshjefflawn

Weekly Photo Fun 4-03/4-09

Of all the easter railroad of the war years till early deasles. I think PRR is one of the coolest, I don't know why, as I live in the North West, but they are just fasinating, I even went out and baught a T-1, 4-4-4-4 Duplexn its supper cool, i am planning to run it through my layout as an...
  16. joshjefflawn

How do you set up your Power on a train?

BASEBALL RULES, GO DODGERS, okay I had to say that. Since I am modeling a ficticous Fallen flag, as if it had been succesfull and conitnued on into the mordern era, ie SP. My goal is to follow basic SP methods of running power. My Espee will have a basic philosophy of how to match up...
  17. joshjefflawn

How do you set up your Power on a train?

Howdy yall. I went to run with a friend from the club that I belong to. Him and I were talking about, buying new power, and what Locomotives will go to what train. I personally like to mix up my power, and kind of randomize what Locomotives run with what train. For example. A the switch...
  18. joshjefflawn

u.p. armour yellow help?

I have three different models of UP Locomotives from two different manurfacturers. I have Two AC4400CWs, and an SD90MAC, from Kato, and an SD70M from Athearn. It seemed that each locomotive had a slightly different shade of Armor Yellow. :rolleyes: Example, My SD90MAC was slightly...
  19. joshjefflawn

Modern day modelers do you ever run a caboose

I model SP, and I have seen many pics, and videos with cabooses on them. To me, just as strange as it would be to see SP with out a tunnel Motor, or a SD45, the same holds for a Caboose. Plus, I could see a practical use for them. In the event that the Road Crew has to manually switch a switch...
  20. joshjefflawn

How prototypical is your layout?

Model railroading is all about coming up with an Idea that you like. Modeling a whatever railroad you like. Me personally, am an SP fan. I first was considering Modeling SPSF, as if they actually merged. I'm now not going to do that because I can't stand the Idea of losing Grey and...

Back