Search results

1. nmaniac

Looking for Texas vendor of display cases.

The only one I can think of is in Id. Plumtree or plumcreek I have two of his cases,I'll get the right infor for you. N
  2. nmaniac

While making roads

I began using drywall mud,but I found tile grout to be better to work with and more forgiving,If you go to any large boxstore they should have "busted bags" marked down,best thing is you won't get the color change,I had the same problem that is why I stopped using it ......... But it one way it...
  3. nmaniac

John Deere Grader with Snowplow 1:87

Really neat,after reading the thread I got to thinking I should have the parts leftover from a bash I did,now if I have the road grader I should be able to do this,but I promised myself not to start anymore projects till the others are done.Yeah I told myself that before! N
  4. nmaniac

Show us your Non Prototypical motive power and rolling stock !

Hey everyone thank you for posting !!! the pictures are great,thanks for sharing and please if you have more pictures post them. N
  5. nmaniac

So,What if the Ontario Northlander had a GP60 ? I don't know if they did or not but maybe it would look something like this ?? N
  6. nmaniac

Custom painting on Fox Valley Models?

That is one I can't help you with I have never taken a Fox Valley apart,let me know how it goes for you .Try given Fox Valley a call and bounce that question off of them N
  7. nmaniac

walthers George Robert printing plant

If you want a red brick building I'd airbrush the entire building white then pick the color you want,when you paint it go lite and hit it as many time as you think it needs it.I've done this before and the "mortar" should show thur and the 'Bricks" will not all be the same color so they can show...
  8. nmaniac

New Air Brush System

Wombat,Can't wait to see your review on the talon,been looking at it a long time best of luck you have a very great looking set up there ! N
  9. nmaniac

Custom painting on Fox Valley Models?

The detail on the Fox Valley is going to be tricky getting off as it's very fine,take your time and work slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. N
  10. nmaniac

True-Color Model Railroad Paint, Thiner etc.

Been using Tru-color paint for a few years now on all my custom and personnel painting and God I love it !! goes on nice and smooth the color matching I think is dead on.I buy non scented acetone(thinner) at the local beauty supply shop which cuts the cost as I buy it by the gallon,and then to...
  11. nmaniac

Paasche VL Airbrush Won't Spray

Had a problem sort of like yours awhile ago,I took mine apart,(remember to pull the needle thur the front and not out the back) it seems the teflon bushing nut that holds it in place was loose,Had a bear of a time getting it right but once I was done it worked fine. N
  12. nmaniac

Portable John's - A 1950's Port-A-Potty Business

You have got some crazy building skills !!! I love it !! N
  13. nmaniac

Is N-Scale Model Railroading Getting Better?

Let me see ????? yes N scale is getting alot better but not cheaper that is for sure! I remember in the late sixty's going to Two Guys dept store and while my parents shopped I would be digging thur the model railroad stuff looking for "N scale" !!! only to have people laugh at me ! N scale what...
  14. nmaniac

First Attempt At Weathering

Looking great,gotta love the way the trucks and wheels are working out! keep it up !! N
  15. nmaniac

Kato Viaduct Track

And if you need more track you can just remove the two screws on the underside of the viaduct track. N
  16. nmaniac

Show us your n scale vehicles

GHQ bashed tractor with Lowboy trailer and load.
  17. nmaniac

Let's get LOADED!!!.....

I stripped the Micro-Train's flatcar,repainted it with Tru-Color railbox yellow paint.Then I cut a Side-track laser trailer deck to fit and found the load in my parts box.The only that is holding the load on are the four steel cables. N
  18. nmaniac

As I was walking back to my truck this F40PH came highballing around the bend ,I was only able to get one shot but I found out when it's comming again so I'll be ready for it.(meaning I'll be taking some more pictures to post soon) ViaRail did this paint job back in 1990 I think but they used a...
  19. nmaniac

"So,What "If" the Ontario NorthLand had F40PH's ????? I think maybe it would look something like this? ​N
  20. nmaniac

Show us your n scale vehicles

Yep the pictures posted !!! look's like you have a pretty neat fleet so far,I still call "Dibs" on the ON F unit !!!!.I was able to find decals for that unit I'm looking for a Kato undec F7 A&B unit to paint. N

Back