Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon from Wisconsin.

I can tell you there is nothing wrong with being extra cautious about where you go online today! While Meta and Google collect and sell data IT‘S NOTHING compared to the info the Credit Reporting Agencies gather and sell to Anybody.

Being in the collection business the 21 years prior to retirement we didn’t need to buy from FB (now Meta) or Google or anyone else. Hook me up with Experian, TransUnion or any of the others and within 30 minutes I’ll know enough about you to own everything thing you have in 90 days. There were times when searching for the current address for Tom Dick Harry and he used a credit card we would have that info within 30 minutes of where the card was used and what for. You give a collector accurate location data and a good collector will have a current address minutes later

Meta and Google are minor league players in data collecting and the biggest of course is our Government who also sells the data they collect

Yes this forum has been slow on/off all week

Your submission is chock full of information that I fully concur with.

Sad to say - but totally in agreement - our Government is not only the biggest "benefactor" from our personal data - but our greatest "threat."

What will never happen - but should - is a complete "do-over" regarding SSN's and an enforceable prohibition to unauthorized release - even within Government "circles" (which they are oh-so-adept at running in.) Those account numbers should never - ever wind up in record-keeping of State, Local and most certainly Business data banks; but they have, they are and will continue on that way unless and until we apply the brakes - which we will not.

Yeah, I agree and appreciate your 2-cemts.

Wound me up with that one!

Tom in Missouri

Last edited:
This past week it was mostly 60-65F. Was beautiful. Friday was only 45F and last night when I left the house project at 11pm it was snowing. This morning on the way to church

IMG_4663.jpeg

G'day (again),

I need a pick-me-up; double "splash" of JD - black label - in a mugga Joe. Thanx!

Wound up in my recliner watching another hockey game.- Penguins visiting the Avalanche; starting the 3rd period with Pittsburgh leading 4-2.

Oddly enough I am wearing an Avalanche shirt given to me many "moons" ago by my son-in-law living north of Denver. I am a Blues fan, tried-and-true, but I do appreciate a good NHL game and this is one of 'em.

Now, 4-3 . . . Colorado had been down 4-zip.

Set 'em up for anyone wishing to imbibe!

Tom in Missouri

P.S. Avalanche won it in OT - 5-4! Glad I watched it . . .

Last edited:
Troy - The fairy has the look of an alcoholic, red nose and blurry eyes. She been getting in your liquor cabinet? 😀o_Oo_Oo_O

STAY SAFE
LATER
She's a pixie. They need sugar like hummingbirds do. In the books, pixies alway get extra syrup in their drinks. But they have to watch out for carbonation. Gas eruptions from a three inch tall pixie can send them all sorts of unexpected directions at turbo speed.

Normally, pixies get Extra Sprinkles on their ice cream. But the image generators are still "dumb" in how much info they can handle. The prompt I used called for a gray cat next to her. Note lack of cat. That's why I didn't ask for sprinkles on the ice cream.

Since alcohol has sugars... you original point might have merit. But, pixies would normally just go for straight sugar instead of the ferment/distilled type. I wonder if they'd get the red hue from that? Just saying.

As for facebook ads:
My sis was with mom today, and they were trying to find a better budgeting option for Mom's Depends. She FB Messaged me asking what brand I had gotten for Mom from Costco that Mom didn't like...

An hour later, I've got an ad for depends in my feed.

Good Evening Gents and Ladies (of course!)

Nothing for me, thanx - just popped in to see what's what since access has been a bit sporadic today.

Well, I did it. What intended to be a simple Lionel O-gauge oval-in-oval layout (interconnected with switches) has grown considerably.

I told y'all that I added a lengthy passing siding to accommodate one of my LionChief sets (03) - Polar Express freight.
Then I "blocked" that siding to permit on/off track power.

Last night I ordered more fitters and isolation track to install "blocks" on main line ovals.
Today I decided to add a siding to the passing siding which will be quite lengthy in order to accommodate any train I wish to place within it.

Of course, that idea resulted in ordering a RH remote manual switch, a bumper another "isolation" track for wiring an on/off toggle. (At least I found use for an extra curve and several long straights . . .)

It did not stop there - read on. I thought a yard switcher would be "nice" to have - even though I do not have a bona fide yard.; found one on the Lionel Store site - it is a Santa Fe 44 tonner (LionChief); that will call "home" the siding I plan to add.

As if I needed to purchase more "stuff" - I found a used MTH track cleaner car on eBay that will "fit the bill" for maintenance of track - had to order a bunch of Scotch-Brite pads as well - but what the heck; can't take it with me! The SF 44 tonner will provide motive power for it . . .

And absolutely - I will provide fotos of it all once all orders are received and track permanently put down in final arrangement.

Does it ever end? I think we all know the answer to that!

As the saying goes: See you in the morning if the Good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise!

Tom in Missouri

Anybody check out the new YankeeDabler website yet?

Looks to be an improvement over the old one!

I tried it out Saturday night and while it “seems” cleaner I was really used to the old site. But, I will adjust

Good evening. As most of you know I love the Women’s College hockey game and the NHL even as a suffering Chicago Black Hawk fan.

The Badger ladies fell to Ohio State 0-1 in the NCAA Championship game. A very good close game but they lost. I will give the coach a week to de-compress from the lost but he is very level headed and the Badgers have won 7 of these and 3 now in the last 6 years. Then as my golf partner we will hit the links as my knee feels recovered enough. We both need to be ready to play in May out in the Arizona desert

I’ve been in and out of the weathering studio all day. I posted in the Continuous Weatheringbthreads if interested

About 3 hours after the snow picture I posted earlier I left the church building*. The snow had stopped and the sun was intermittent with cloudiness and it was low 40s and the water vapor was coming off the asphalt. Was kind of cool. What a difference a few hours makes.

The rest of the day was kind of scattered cloud and sun and not bad. We had a “couples dinner”’party tonight where we were paired with 2 other couples from church. We’re paired with them for 3 months and each month a different coupe hosts dinner. We hosted but since our house is a mess as we go through 17 years and pack one of the other couples let us use their house and I made the food with help of the wife. It was nice. I made a Chinese twice cooked pork (spicy black bean sauce with bell peppers and leaks and twice cooked pork slices) and white rice and the wife also made fried rice for those who wanted that and I bought egg rolls and the wife made sunomono (a Japanese cucumber and seaweed salad with octopus and crab). We the. Went to a special Easter Palm Sunday musical service this evening. Ended up being a good Sunday.

* most Sundays we have a 2 hour block of worship — a one hour worship service and one hour of instructional classes. And then I stayed after taking to some people for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back