Recent content by vipers

1. V

MKT SD40-2 Detailed and Weathered

thanks :) and i actually use a combination of airbrush, and pastel chalks.. typical colors like grimy black, oily black, light/medium/dark rust, etc.
  2. V

(new better pics) MKT SD40-2 detailed and weathered

i use a mixture of waterbased paints and weathering powders... that wiped off grime effect is actually pretty easy... i just over spray my watered down grimy black onto the sides, and then after it dries (in seconds) i take a normal dishwashing sponge (slightly wet) and use the gritty side, and...
  3. V

yeah, i dont understand why they turned out somewhat shiny... ive used that rust paint for a while now, and its always dull..but not this time, heck, i even dullcoated the whole loco, and they are still shiny.. looks like ill have to use some rust powder to dull it down :) and thank you:)
  4. V

***starting the thread over with better pics**** hey guys!! just finished a kinda "out of the norm" project for me.. Im a BNSF guy through and through, but decided to venture out of it for this loco. This loco didnt take me too long (maybe 6 hours) compared to my normal super detailed locos...
  5. V

yeah, sorry guys... i know the pics really suck.. its a mixture of bad lighting and a horrible camera... ill try to take some in natural light.. ill try to get better pics up and thank you for the compliments:D
  6. V

BNSF TEBC6 Build

yeah, i dont understand it whatsoever... who gets banned before even being accepted? lol.. on every forum ive ever been on, you have to do something wrong before getting banned
  7. V

BNSF TEBC6 Build

wtf??? i tried to create an account on that forum, and was not only denied, but was banned from their site alltogether?Q?!?!?!?!?! i dont understand that at all... i cant view anything on that forum now :( guess i should have just stayed a visitor the project is coming along great..looks...
  8. V

hey guys!! just finished a kinda "out of the norm" project for me.. Im a BNSF guy through and through, but decided to venture out of it for this loco. This loco didnt take me too long (maybe 6 hours) compared to my normal super detailed locos, but this one came very very well detailed straight...
  9. V

BNSF TEBC6 Build

huh..thats interesting... id love to see the prototype photo your referring to..thats one monster of a switcher!
  10. V

Athearn SD70ACe's released! Who's got one?!

i have been watching and waiting for the aCes to come out by athearn... athearn never lets me down...although i have to admit, whoever they have that lays the model out to be photograghed for advertisements needs to be fired IMMEDIATLY!!!!! not just on the aCe's...but all of them.... they dont...
  11. V

BNSF Dash-9 Faded H2

looks great! i see you need to add the gps dome on the roof of the cab..and id recommend painting the grilles all around the radiator area with a black wash... not criticizing at all :) it looks fantastic :) just a few small tips
  12. V

BLI SD40-2 BN to NS

very well done!
  13. V

My Athearn C44-9W SP UP Patch Super Detail and Weathering Project

for all of those that need ideas and help on what detail parts to buy for different locos, with pics for help.... www.detailswest.com trust me, it has helped me a ton! and for the bnsf dash-9 http://www.detailswest.com/c44-9w_info.htm and below the pic is all of the part numbers needed to...
  14. V

My N scale rolling stock

thats a really goos start! a fellow BNSF man!
  15. V

Are you careful who you tell about being a model railroader?

i think its really funny actually.. i like the reactions from people... im a fully tattooed, 28 year old tattoo artist, and ill be at work adding details to locos, and people who dont know that im into trains look at me like im crazy.... i like what i like:) and dont worry what others...

Back