Recent content by ryanrev

1. R

Does the C-Liner Have MU Hoses on Both Sides?

I received a Trueline FM C-Liner and after taking it out noticed on the one side there are no MU hoses is this normal or a defect from the factory or possibly falling off?
  2. R

Repowering An Old Athearn Engine using a Proto 2000 motor?

Recently on eBay I bought an unpainted GP-18 so that I could put an old Proto 2000 shell over top of it. The train could not run anymore because I think my dad buggered up the wiring in it attempting to fix it but making it worse in the process however the flywheels and motor are intact. Could...
  3. R

Updating older engines

I have an old Atlas Conrail C-424 first generation of the ones made in China which are somewhat crude in their details compared to todays models. I detailed an Atlas CN Kato one before but was wondering what you guys suggest to add to this one. I got a book on detailing but it showed a lot of...
  4. R

Air Brushing and weathering using an air compressor?

Thanks for the help guys. As for my first airbrushing project I wanted to do a GT GP-18 like this On a Proto 2000. Would this be concidered reasonable?
  5. R

Most Bang For the Buck HO Scale Big Boy?

Trix, Precision Craft, Broadway, Marklin, Genesis, I test ran a Rivarossi and wasn't impressed. What do you feel is the best all around including drive, detail, and price. I dont mind getting used. I would like to keep it below 4-500dollars CAN.
  6. R

Air Brushing and weathering using an air compressor?

I want to know if you could use a compressor that you could buy from the Home Depot or Wal-Mart compared to going out and buying a Badger or tester's type compressor?
  7. R

Help locating N-scale DD40X

Took me around half a year of searching on eBay to finally get my DD40AX :p
  8. R

Do PPW Machima Motors fit in Athearn Baldwin Switchers?

Yeah the thing is does it fit in a Baldwin VO-1000?
  9. R

Well I've been looking to do an Athearn repowering project and well this old Athearn blue box switcher could use a new motor. Athearn switchers sounded really bad back in the day and I was looking for my worst sounding athearn to repower and that one was it. Mashimas fit in I thought all...
  10. R

If so which motor would best fit? thanks.
  11. R

Help locating N-scale DD40X

http://cgi.ebay.com/Huge-N-UP-EMD-DD40AX-Centennial-powered-diesel-engine_W0QQitemZ190164819239QQihZ009QQcategoryZ486QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Your best bet is ebay that is where I found my HO dd40ax otherwise good luck you'll need it. I have found n scale dd40axs on ebay a couple of...
  12. R

How To Kitbash A Transfer Caboose?

Ok I got my old Athearn boxcar and I also got an undecorated Roco flatcar to use. Thanks. I probably have other more cheap flatcars around but a Burlington Northern flatcar might not look as good as I thought.
  13. R

How To Kitbash A Transfer Caboose?

I was looking through a model railroader magazine and saw one. I have an old beaten up without wheels, couplers, and trucks Burlington Northern boxcar made by I believe Athearn. I'll need to find a Burlington Northern flatcar aswell but besides that what else will I need to make it? And has...
  14. R

Converting A 1st Generation Athearn Genesis SD70 Into A Hybrid

Thank you so much hopefully my dad will be pleased with the outcome. :) Now I just have one question which PPW motor would be the best to put in the SD70 Athearn Genesis so that it'll run smoothly?
  15. R

Converting A 1st Generation Athearn Genesis SD70 Into A Hybrid

Unfortunatly I think the problem is farther than just the trucks but I'll tell my dad that thanks. My prediction is its just the Athearn growl but my goal with this project was to make it sound as good as the best Athearn (sound wise) my dad's got which he got an amazing deal for (15 bucks if...

Back