Recent content by Rednarb

1. R

Why you don't climb trains.

I don't know of course, but it sure looked like suicide to me. RIP
  2. R

Is it just me, or does MTH ignore you?

I have the original MTH 4-6-2 and I love it. It does DCC, it just does it differently than everything else. Once you figure out how to run it it runs really well and has a lot of features. If BLI had their Paragon2's out at that time I prob would have gotten one of them in lieu of the MTH if...
  3. R

Santa Fe?

Making a road trip with the family this spring and Santa Fe is kinda along the path. Is there anything worth seeing there with regard to trains, train museums, displays etc? How involved was the city of Santa Fe with the Santa Fe RR? TIA, Eric
  4. R

Proto 2000 PS-2, my first involved kit build.

I've built two of those myself - I don't think I'd want 3 more... I'm just not very good at all the small brake lines and chains and such. Too darn much work!
  5. R

Thought you should see this...

It checks through HTML code and verifies that it conforms to HTML standards. There are several standards so you should declare the standard (DOCTYPE) at the beginning of every page. http://www.w3.org
  6. R

Thought you should see this...

The W3 validator had a field day with the first two pages. Before "releasing a web site to the world" you should use the free validator that W3 provides to make sure you're using correct HTML. http://validator.w3.org
  7. R

Which source?

I'm fortunate enough to live near one of the best MRR hobby stores in the world! Caboose Hobbies in Denver, Colorado! They have amazing prices considering they're brick and mortar! I love love love love Caboose Hobbies!
  8. R

Rock local at work

trainman1980 = Dr. Frankenstein Keeps resurrecting the dead... But then again, model trains are timeless right? 3 year old thread may as well be 30 years old. Still valid, right?
  9. R

Now this is just silly

Ebay is another way for stupid people to prove their stupidity.
  10. R

Basic DCC problem

Probably not your issue but I thought I'd run it past you since I had the same symptoms. Not sure about the Digitrax decoders, but on the BLI locos I have with QSI, the loco won't run without triggering start-up (F6 I think) IF the last time it was run it went through a full shut-down (F9...
  11. R

Atlas RS-1 DCC/Sound ready?

I found this auction on ebay and I think I want it. I mean, I love the RS-1 and would like to have one in my collection but I can't tell from the description on ebay or on Atlas' site if it is DCC equipped or ready. Anyone have any experience with this locomotive? Also, I'm addicted to...
  12. R

Radio Contolled loco's?

I wonder if a capacitor would help with this problem... I've used caps in the past on car stereo equipment to compensate for brown-outs when the power gets maxed by a big amp and subs... or would the cap interfere with the DCC signals?
  13. R

What is the best HO diesel loco

Tough question. Assuming you meant I had to pick just one... And assuming you mean something that's available right now... I'd have to pick the Pioneer Zephyr I guess. But the title of the thread seems to conflict with what you asked in the body. The "best" might not be my first pick. I really...
  14. R

Train Photos from my trip

I'm so jealous! Thanks for posting!

Back