Recent content by GarryCBQ

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. GarryCBQ

Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Howdy, everybody . I was at a dental appointment today. It is the final appointment for getting implants on one side of my mouth. I'm happy with them already, and will be glad to et with both sides of my mouth again. Willie ........ Your nearby zoo looks worthwhile. .... We have the Nature...
  2. GarryCBQ

Monthly Picture Thread - May 2021

Howdy ..... twforeman, dakotalove39, George, Tom O, Lloyd, and Dennis ..... Each of your osted outstanding work and good photography ! ...... My photos show coal being handled on my Heartland Division of CB&Q (fictional division) . My trains haul coal from the mines to the steel mill and to...
  3. GarryCBQ

Good evening .... Speaking of bad weather, it has been stormy here lately. At 4:30 am this morning, we were awakened by a severe storm and with tornado warnings. We lost power for 4 hours. Some buildings in our area were damaged. We spent time later in the day picking up broken tree branches...
  4. GarryCBQ

Good evening ..... Justin .... I believe you will be happy with your Atlas Classic GP7. I have two of them, and I am very pleased with them. Willie .... I'm happy with our two senators, too. Everybody: .... Have a good night.
  5. GarryCBQ

Guy ..... That owl is hard to see at first glance. Terry .... Your talking about foul tasting lumps turns my stomach. I hate to think how bad it was to actually experience it. Chet .... Your series of layout photos are beautiful. Tom O ...... I'll have to do bold like Sherrel did ....... I...
  6. GarryCBQ

Good morning . Terry ... Thanks for starting the May Coffee Shop. Willie .... .... Willie .... Looks good ! ..... Nice layout photos, too. Tom O ..... I like the inudustry on your layout. Everybody ..... Have a good May Day.
  7. GarryCBQ

Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Good morning, everybody ....... James ... That is very interesting. I see "Herby" and I see "Herbie". Apparently either selling is correct. ... I am continuing to run my 4-8-2's. Are is the Burlington locomotive arriving in Black Hawk with a passenger train.
  8. GarryCBQ

Good evening .... Bob ..... Happy Birthday ! Sherrel ..... The photo of the MKT PA1 is very sad. :( ..... Here is one in new condition. In my opinion, the MKT PA1's were very attractive, and several years ago I painted three Hobbytown PA1's in MKT colors. George ..... I'm glad you made...
  9. GarryCBQ

Good morning ........ Sherrel ..... I hope the gum cop does not awaken while Guy is doing that. ..... LOL Willie ..... You are doing a great job with your scenery. Do you like usimnhg your Tidy Track ? Jaz ....Thanks for showing how you make trees. Tom O ..... Your industry is very...
  10. GarryCBQ

Good morning, everybody .... We had a good evening Friday celebrating my wife's birthday in Nashville. Good food at a very nice restaurant and staying overnight at a very good hotel with champagne in our room. Glancing at your posts, it is good to see everybody is busy with good stuff...
  11. GarryCBQ

Howdy ..... Terry .... Sad to hear about your wife having a fall. Guy .... That's an interesting boat kt. Looks like it is Russian. I have not seen a model kit from Russia before. Have fun putting it together. Willie ....... I like your trackside scenes. BBQ grill is a nice touch...
  12. GarryCBQ

Back again. The conversation about Boy Scouts reminds me of our story. In my youth I was a Boy Scout like many of you were. We learned many things including first aid. You never know when you may need what you learned. About five years ago, my wife and I were having dinner with friends...
  13. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Yesterday's business news said Canadian National has decided to try buying Kansas City Southern, and made a competing offer saying it was better than Canadian Pacific's offer. .... So, it looks like a bidding war. I have shares of KCS stock which sharply increased in value...
  14. GarryCBQ

Howdy Terry ... I am saddened to read your post telling of your recent circumstances. Praying things improve for you and your wife. ... This afternoon we got our boat in the water and at our dock. Just in time for cold rain tonight. Possibly it will change to snow. It was a bit of an...
  15. GarryCBQ

Howdy ..... I began typing a response last night, and was interrupted. I'm just getting back now, and my original typing is gone. Willie ...... In your Saturday post, the first photo includes a Mercedes 300 SL gull wing sports car of the 1950's parked in front of the boutique. I noticed...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.