Recent content by GarryCBQ

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. GarryCBQ

Running Bear's August 2020 Coffee Shop

Hello everybody .. We have family members visiting us from Cincinnati this weekend. So, I will be very brief now, and may not have time to post anything until maybe Monday , William .... Glad you posted here. Everybody ..... Have a nice weekend.
  2. GarryCBQ

Good morning, Everybody .... WIllie, Guy, Chet, Curt, and anyone I missed ..... Thanks for commenting about my post regarding my recent eye surgery. So far, so good. I'm happy with the results. Guy .... Your building will look great based on the quality of your work so far. WIllie .... I...
  3. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... I hope everybody in East Coast states is surviving the storms. Thanks everybody for well wishes regarding my eye surgery. .... This is a good year for eye surgery .... 2020. First eye had surgery a week ago on Monday. It is now 2020. Second eye had surgery two days ago (Monday)...
  4. GarryCBQ

The Mark Twain Zephyr, built in 1934, is being moved from Madison, IL near St Louis. It will be relaocated to Wisconsin where it will be restored and made operational. .... Yesterday, the power car made the trip to Wisconsin. Photos were in facebook . Willie... Thanks for commenting...
  5. GarryCBQ

Good morning . Sherrel ..... Prayers for your wife. Hopefully, she will recover quickly. Tomorrow afternoon, I have surgery for the second eye. I'm very pleased with results of surgery last Monday for my first eye, and I am looking forward to the same for the second eye. Hopefully, I can be...
  6. GarryCBQ

Good morning . Terry .... Thanks for starting the August Coffee Shop . Everybody .... Thanks for the likes and comments for my post with photo. Louis ... I was asking where you were in this post. Presto! You appeared. Good to see you. .... I like the photos of Chessie on the bridge, B&O...
  7. GarryCBQ

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Good morning . Sherrel ..... I hope your wife's surgery goes well today. Jerry .... Your photo of the fire in the distance is remarkable. Mike: .... Your "WI care package" for your friend sounds yummy. Willie .... Your reminded me you told us about your wife's previous knee surgery...
  8. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Steven .... Happy Birthday ... Willie .... Sorry your wife has knee problems, and hope she will be okay. Good you have a good doctor available for possible cat act surgery. I like seeing the activity on your layout. Curt ..... You layout progress is looking good. I see a...
  9. GarryCBQ

Howdy ... Boris, Willie, Curt, Sherrel, and anybody I missed... Thanks for your kind remarks about my cataract surgery . I am very pleased with first eye and am looking forward to the second one. Willie ...If you are in need of cataract surgery, do not delay it. Also, make sure you have it...
  10. GarryCBQ

Howdy Everybody ... Yesterday, my eye surgery went very well. Already today, the eye has greatly improved vision. I could not be more pleased. Next week, my other eye has surgery too. Thanks again for all of the well wishes . I quickly glanced at posts from the last couple of days. Johnny...
  11. GarryCBQ

Sadly, Neil Besougloff , former editor of Model Railroader , passed away . He had been in the hospital with Covid-19 for several days and then had a fatal heart attack . I obtained this information From MR General Discussion forum. Sherrel .. Praying your wife’s surgery is successful. ...
  12. GarryCBQ

Good evening ... Boris .... Thanks for the well wishes. Mo Pac Eagle .... Yes. Nashville, TN. At Vanderbilt Hospital Medical Center. ... This evening I was running trains. I used an SD9 to serve industries on a branch line.
  13. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... I'm happy with all of my Atlas locomotives. Classic or the older yellow box Kato. ... Some of you might recall the eye surgery I was going to have in the winter was postponed. Next, it was delayed becasue of the virus shut down. ... It is now scheduled for this Monday for one eye...
  14. GarryCBQ

Howdy ... Willie ..... Those locomotives look great. I probably will not be acquiring new locomotives for a while because I don't want to buy anything from China. I did not feel that way before the China virus. Terry ... I've herd that explanation before about Kadee couplers not being used...
  15. GarryCBQ

Good evening Thanks to all who commented and like my photo with GN Alco locomotives. David ... Thanks for commenting. I don’t understand the question. Would you like to rephrase it? Everybody... Apparently, the players on pro sports teams are too political. Pro sports are now about...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.