Recent content by ckj6900

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. C

RAPIDO to Knuckle couplers...N Scale Loco conversion to HOn30 Narrow gauge locos

Been putzing around abit more and started an other Loco. This one has a TRIX N Scale rack Locomotive drive and a body from Desktop Locomoyive Works. She will be the one pulling the 2 Axle Minecars.....
  2. C

RAPIDO to Knuckle couplers...N Scale Loco conversion to HOn30 Narrow gauge locos

Hi, still trying to work pout the kinks with the Excavators.....not as easy as it looks. What the trains is concerned, I bought some BEMO narrow gauge passenger cars. they are of German Prototype from the 20ties and 30ties but where also used by RR south of the border. A lot of South American...
  3. C

South Western HO figures

Hi. here is one of the trains and equipment to be used on the layout. Since it is one in the border region, crossing the border, in the 40tie, 50ties and early 60ties, a mix of US and European equipment is used. A lot of countries including Mexico bought narrow gauge equipment from...
  4. C

South Western HO figures

Hi, I finally got lucky and found some figures. Not Mexican ones but Cowboy like ones that can be adapted. It is a Chinese company that makes them, unpainted but looking quite good. here is a link...
  5. C

South Western HO figures

Hi guys, since I am a bit stuck on the building part of my new layout, I started searching for things I will eventually need. The fact it is the TEXAS MEXICAN Mining RR i will need some really south western looking figures. Anything from Cowboy style figures to Mexican ones... If I remember...
  6. C

Hi, since I am a bit stuck with the Terrain building...lack of material..... I continued with an other Mining Shovel. Then I found this servo unit on E bay..... I already contacted the designer/builder, I can get a plain one to power my shovel. In the meantime I am trying to find a way to...
  7. C

Hi, have fun weathering your track! I found the primary benefit is that no paint gets in to the joints when using sectional rack.Thus not interfering with operation. The joints can be touched up when the track is in place. Plus, if you know where the rack goes, only the visible part needs to be...
  8. C

Dc sound

Hi guys, a very interesting and insightful thread! Thanks for all the great info. But I do have one question. The KATO Box has that 1/8 output jack and I looked at some external sound systems and could not find an appropriate input jack.Is there a cable that matches different systems together...
  9. C

Hi, I always had bad luck weathering my track, or getting the track in good running order, except for my Large Scale Garden layout..... This time I took more than great care to lay down the track and I am very satisfied with the result. So looking at the layout the shine of the track still...
  10. C

ANALOG Sound for N Scale...respectively HOn30.....

Hi, I think I found the solution! Searching for the PFM unit, I came across the KATO Soundtraxx Sound box. This system is perfect for the size layout and engines I am using. It even allows external speakers to be added. Which in my case I can hide in the terrain. I already plan a speaker in the...
  11. C

Thanks, appreciate the help! Chris
  12. C

Hi, is there a Sound System one can install in ANALOG ENGINES without converting to DCC..... Thanks Chris
  13. C

Hi, well....the position of the switch had to change. Once the track was put down trains started to derail at the beginning of the switch. It must have been the fact that it was right at the beginning of the incline. I moved the switch forward to the new location and now all is well in the track...
  14. C

MICRO TRAINS TWEEZERS

Hi Greg, I have different style of good tweezers in my tool box. But the ones from Micro Trains are notched in a way that makes holding the 2 part couplers very easy. With the fingers almost impossible in some instances....and at my age the eyes are not helping either...lol But thank you, all is...
  15. C

MICRO TRAINS TWEEZERS

NOPE...do not have anything close....

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.