Talk about Shipping Service ...

UPS not turning left is also about liability and accident prevention.
It’s many times more likely you’ll have an accident turning left across traffic than turning right with traffic, and the accident will statistically be more severe, with more damage, as well.

Ordered from Albany Ny to be shipped to Sidney Ny. About 70 miles between. Package went from Albany to New Jersey to Rochester to Syracuse to Binghamton to Sidney. 8 day transit time. A package from Syracuse to Sidney arrived in 3 days. Both USPS. No rhyme or reason for any shipper to deliver packages anymore.

Rico,
I hope you copy-pasted that info. Yours is much worse than mine was.

Tony,
I agree with you. My package came from England to NYC. I'm sure it went through customs there. Why did it go from there to Cleveland and Pittsburgh? Talk about polluting the ozone. Did you get your package yet? Glenn

Nope, not the one coming DHL.

Want to hear something funny? Yesterday afternoon I ordered a USB Hub from B&H and it arrived today via ---wait for it --- Fedex :) In the meantime, my other item, one I really need, is still floating around the US some where :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So Fedex can get an item from NYC to me over night. DHL takes a week to come from the same place to the same place??????????

I’ll bet that DHL has your package sitting in Binghamton. They seem to wait until they have a truckload to deliver to USPS instead of piecemeal. They have a storage area near the post office here in Sidney. Three times a week there’s five trucks that meet up, shuffle loads and then head out. One always goes to the post office on Friday.

I’ll bet that DHL has your package sitting in Binghamton. They seem to wait until they have a truckload to deliver to USPS instead of piecemeal. They have a storage area near the post office here in Sidney. Three times a week there’s five trucks that meet up, shuffle loads and then head out. One always goes to the post office on Friday.
Last time I checked they had it in Illanois where they were handing it off to USPS I am guessing??? That makes sense - start out in NY for a NY address and end up in another state ...... yep, guess you don't need a brain to work for DHL Management!

Oh this is just great - apparently it is On the Carrier Vehicle for Delivery - in bloody Ohio?????????

I just sent them a nice, polite email - okay - not so polite but hell this is ridiculous to the extreme. How can a company be so damn incompetent and remain in business? Is the the level of service that America accepts as being normal??

All I know is from now on, if any business ships DHL - they wont have me as a customer, pure and simple.

I understand that Tony. Just isn’t worth the hassle. Now that I think about it, I made a purchase off EBay. Tracking said package was delivered 4 days later. Nobody had seen a package. About 3 months later, a box appears on the porch. When I asked my neighbor about it, they said a yellow truck dropped it off and left in a hurry. Wasn’t a rental truck but rather a DHL van…must’ve found it in the van after cleaning it out.

Your most likely right. All I can do is sit and wait BUT if it isn't here soon I will be calling B&H and let them know how DHL treats their customers. Pointless - probably but it will make me feel better :)

Sometimes getting things off your chest to the right people can help you sleep better and prevent others from going through the same thing. But you must pick your battles wisely. If you upset DHL too much, they might not deliver it at all. We’re here for ya!

Some stuff that USPS does is beyond me. If I mail a letter inside the local PO, that is hand it directly to the clerk, it goes to the sorting center in Ft Worth 60 miles away, even if it is addressed to the same zip code that I am mailing it from.
PO's don't have a sorting office, staff or the machinery used nowadays to sort mail, hence everything goes to a central hub to be sorted, it may not make sense to us, but to the bean counters it does.

Wow - got a reply from DHL Customer Service this morning, know what they said?

Nothing! They sent me a link to Customer Service!!!!

Not only rubbish delivery service but (like most customer services) non existent customer service as well.

Ordered a "small item" from a place called B&H Photo in New York City. They processed the order and so on very quickly BUT shipped it via DHL (domestic). New York City is a 4hr 55minute drive from my front door (about 290 miles). According to damn DHL, I wont get the item until next Monday, the 1st of May!! Seven damn days to travel 290 miles????? You can't be serious!

GmsskTW.jpg
5ck3nvs.jpg

What I think is hilarious is what is written at the bottom of the last image ... I'd hate to see how long it took them if it wasn't "expedited" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The end result of this kind of service (and I use that word extremely loosely) is it is going to cost B&H a customer. I'm sure they don't care if I shop with them or not; but, I wonder how many other current customers will put up with that poor shipping service?
Join the club...I bought an item on E Bay from a US shop in the North West....shipped through the E bay system.....after an extensive tour of the Western US, the item landed finally in Los Angeles...and one would assume that it will go on a plane to Germany from there...but NO...it went to New York...toured the East Coast for a while the went to Frankfurt....after Customs it was sent back to the US...did an other East Coast tour...then back to Germany....all in all a10 week trip for a shipment that takes USPS about 10 to 14 days....modern times...
feeling you
Chris

It is always that package on the train for Anaheim, Azusa and Cucamonga, and then the final killer is that it should have made the left toyn in Albuquerque.

Edit - Ok for the younger folks Reference Jack Benny & Bugs Bunny for context of the joke.

Last edited:

Back