3’x4’ or 3 11”x 4’ , what would you do?

Hi,
here are 2 versions of N scale /HOn30 Layouts that may work for you...easily modified to fit your needs:
2X3 ft
LAYOUT 1.jpg

and the 3X3 ft one..used by me for HOn30 but based on an N scale track plan.

IMG_4487.jpg

I have thought about a coffee table layout. But my interest lies in switching and a point to point layout right now. When I can get more space, I’m planning on doing a larger point to point but with the option for continuous running. Starting small.

I have thought about a coffee table layout. But my interest lies in switching and a point to point layout right now. When I can get more space, I’m planning on doing a larger point to point but with the option for continuous running. Starting small.
When you say switching, do you mean industrial switching or do you mean making up and breaking down trains in a yard?

Industrial switching. My apologies for not being clearer. Trying to plot out my space on paper. DC for now. Solo operation. Running 4 axle diesels and rolling stock under 60 feet when possible. Originally planned 2 engines per trip…but may have to run one depending on what I can come up with.

Don’t worry, I’ve got plans for each bedroom in my apartment…plus how to connect them together. I’ve been looking for a house…where I will have the basement for my trains. SWMBO has already promised that to me. That way she knows where I am and not getting into trouble elsewhere.

At least when she takes over the rest of the house, I will have a place to decorate as I want. And she thinks that just locomotives and rolling stock is expensive…😗😗😗

Back