Talk about Shipping Service ...

Join the club...I bought an item on E Bay from a US shop in the North West....shipped through the E bay system.....after an extensive tour of the Western US, the item landed finally in Los Angeles...and one would assume that it will go on a plane to Germany from there...but NO...it went to New York...toured the East Coast for a while the went to Frankfurt....after Customs it was sent back to the US...did an other East Coast tour...then back to Germany....all in all a10 week trip for a shipment that takes USPS about 10 to 14 days....modern times...
feeling you
Chris
Well I finally had a real dud experience with USPS on a small package. Made purchase through Amazon. Apparently they "cash the check" immediately cause after a month of waiting they gave me a refund. So, this could be an Amazon scam where they pile up the money then send it back when you realize it ain't coming. (probably not a scam but why not run the card when the package is delivered?) (I guess in that scenario they may get chumped if your card is bad)

Bought a small gear puller. Got shipped to St. Paul (nearby city) then to California (says tracking) Actually went back and forth once again as well, according to tracking.

Long story short I got angry because it took a couple days to talk to a person. They decided to refund me and declared the item "lost". I did get the refund but wonder what happened to the part?

Dave LASM

As a photographer I have ordered from B&H for many years, very reputable. Even been in the store. My only irritation (my problem) is they close for extended time over the Jewish holidays. I once saw a program about a package shipped from San Fran to Oakland via FEDUP and they tracked the package every step. Of course it went to Memphis... My local PO gets things fairly quickly, but take days sometimes to get it to the PO Box or locker.

Good luck!

Try HERMOSA BEACH to REDONDO....next to each other on the Cali beach...actually one can not see where one ends the other begins....
letters go to Simi Valley to a sorting center and the back to the respective post office....go figure...packages may end up in San Bernardion.....
I gave up.....
now waiting for a Letter sized Package from Australia. to Germany...
Ordered a template in the US by a large manufacturer....it took them almost 4 weeks to let me know they do not have it in stock and don't know when it will be made again....not one RR shop in Europe had the HO grab iron template ...only the N ones...so found one in Australia...ordered...paid...shipped the next day...now in the hands of various shippers...it may get interesting...
the good thing...internet connects us world wide.....
happy RR times....

Ah yes, apparently it’s the international symbol for “Patea aquí“ (kick here)

4ADDA3BE-9F8A-4E84-AF0C-4CB1731248C5.jpeg

Back