N Scale - Micro-Trains -or similar-, EMD SW1500

ckj6900

Hi guys, trying to get some info on dimensions of ANY N scale SW 1500
I would need to know the LENGHT of the drive without the body and distance of the center pins between the trucks.
Any help highly appreciated .
Am trying to find a proper drive for a new conversion N to HOn30. Found the hoods and centercab on Shapeways...
thanks and have a great wekend
Chris

Attachments

• SHW 1.jpg
    SHW 1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 44
  • SHW2.jpg
    SHW2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 58
Well, I don't have an SW1500, but I do have some older Life-Like SW8 and SW9/1200 locos. Mine are actually their nicer, later model split-frame mechanisms and very smooth running. As the EMD SW1500 was virtually the same physical size as their SW8/9/1200 series of locos, any of these models should suffice for a dimension check.

Grabbing an SW9/1200 off the shelf, the die cast split-frame looks to measure about 2-9/16" long (65mm) and the truck centers measure right about 1-21/32" (42mm). Note: I did not remove the shell to check these dimensions, but did some pretty close eyeballing with the metal ruler, and therefore am fairly confident about these dimensions.

Hope this helps you out a little. :)

Well, I don't have an SW1500, but I do have some older Life-Like SW8 and SW9/1200 locos. Mine are actually their nicer, later model split-frame mechanisms and very smooth running. As the EMD SW1500 was virtually the same physical size as their SW8/9/1200 series of locos, any of these models should suffice for a dimension check.

Grabbing an SW9/1200 off the shelf, the die cast split-frame looks to measure about 2-9/16" long (65mm) and the truck centers measure right about 1-21/32" (42mm). Note: I did not remove the shell to check these dimensions, but did some pretty close eyeballing with the metal ruler, and therefore am fairly confident about these dimensions.

Hope this helps you out a little. :)
Thanks, that helps quite a bit !

Hi guys...
well i got lucky. I found an old con cor center cab..
A Japanese prototype....but with Santa Fe Markings...but perfect in length and Truck spacing.
Now off to the " shops".....
Thanks again for all your help and support.
Chris

Attachments

• center cab.jpg
    center cab.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 38
  • center cab 1.jpg
    center cab 1.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Center Cab a1.jpg
    Center Cab a1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 34

Back