Recent content by BigRailNut

1. B

Availability

Hey guys. It's seems like most online shop have low to no stock on a lot of locos and rolling stock. I understand most hobby products are batch produce, but it seems like currently no one has much of anything. Is there a better time of year to shop? or is it just get it when you can?....:confused:
  2. B

The Forums seem quiet?

I've been spending the last month or so car shopping, so I haven't even had time to go to the club.....When I'm home over Thanksgiving I plan to give the hobby room a good cleanout, then maybe start prepping stuff for the club....
  3. B

My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

That's why I kept some of my old AHM stuff from my first layout.....good to practice with...
  4. B

My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

I have that same locomotive, though I believe it's lettered for Erie. It's in a box somewhere.....;)
  5. B

Problem with steam loco

some steam locomotives use the tender wheels for pickup. I'm betting you have one or both sets with the polarity reversed. I have 2 of the old Rivarossi Ic 4-6-0 Casey Jones locomotives and you have to watch carefully to make sure you get the tender wheels on correctly. I may be as simple as...
  6. B

Heritage 2-8-8-2 what to do. I'm at a loss

I had a suspension pin bind on my SC-10. Turned out it was bent enough that the suspension wouldn't work on one side...
  7. B

My First Locomotive

I bet if you keep looking you can find a DCC/sound equipped locomotive in MoPac colors....:o
  8. B

Best Track

I'm leaning towards Code70 rail because I'm going to attempt a very small, yet very detailed switching/industrial railroad, and I think the code 70 will look best in that setting. I have a basic plan chosen, and a few structure kits I'm going to use. Going with DC because I only have 2 steam...
  9. B

I've had that happen with RC trucks. While it's apart everything is good but once reassembled something binds....
  10. B

Best Track

Is there any difference between Walthers Shinohara and just Shinohara?
  11. B

Is the driveline free? Is the motor trying to turn but something is stopping it? It could still be the decoder. Maybe the motor needs more current than the decoder can supply?...
  12. B

My First Locomotive

I would suggest finding a locomotive that's DCC and sound equipped since it's your first. Fewer headaches. Then as you get more experienced you can go the pick and choose route...
  13. B

Best Track

I'm looking for opinions on the best track to use on my small industrial switching layout. I'm leaning towards Shinohara Cade 70 flex and turnouts at the moment but I'm curious about others experience with other brands...Thanks.
  14. B

Laying rail directly on the substrate...

It's an old plan from 101 Track Plans....
  15. B

Laying rail directly on the substrate...

I'm going to build on a 3x6 plywood base. I was going to use cork, but since it's an industrial switching plan I'm going to lay my track directly to the ply. I'm still thinking, but I'm liking the idea of it looking like a shoestring operation, so ballasting and other things will have the...

Back