The Forums seem quiet?

No, the forum seems to be working perfectly. You need to start building and not checking the forum so often,

A soon as I finish the:

Caboose exterior
Ballasting
the new fences
putting down the rest of the base coat paint
scenery
laying in the foundation for the town
lights wiring
turnout wiring
the caboose interior wood work
and one or two other bits for the layout - - I'll get straight onto it! :)

But seriously - the forums seem to be quieter than usual, and someone tells me I need to start building (without knowing anything about what I am or are not doing), and not check the forums so much??? Really? :rolleyes: :confused:

By the way Lynn, the waterfall IS on the list of things to be accomplished :)

Just do your thing Tony.I had to run snowblower 3 times today with the snow we got and still found time to work on the layout.

Just do your thing Tony.I had to run snowblower 3 times today with the snow we got and still found time to work on the layout.

I was being sarcastic mate, even though the things I mentioned are what I am actually doing. It wasn't directed at you by any means or stretch of the imagination.

We had our first snow today as well, although obviously not as much you did. The one thing about winter I hate - shoveling snow, especially when I can only use one arm to do it. By the way, what is a Snow Blower? :)

Tony maybe we should have a What did you do with the Railroad today thread.

You know something Lynn, that's a darn good idea! All people would need to do is list the things they did with a link to any specific thread re that thing. Don't know if you were kidding or not, but I like the idea. A sort of "quick reference guide" to what people are doing.

I tend to drift away from forums during the summer months as there is too much stuff to do out doors. The summer months also see me largely ignoring the trains and any modeling. As the colder weather sets in and I find myself spending more time indoors I do gravitate back towards the forums a bit. I used to post a lot over on the MR forum and the Atlas forum. I still frequent the Atlas one once in a while but tend to stay away from the other one due to some abrasive personalities that rubbed me the wrong way a couple of times. In fact, I am not sure but, I may be banned from there anyway. As the winter rolls along, and it seems to be starting way too early, I will/may post more here.
Dan

I've been spending the last month or so car shopping, so I haven't even had time to go to the club.....When I'm home over Thanksgiving I plan to give the hobby room a good cleanout, then maybe start prepping stuff for the club....

Ive been busy laying track so have not been on here much . Got all my track glued down now it needs 2b wired , then of course i can start in the switching yard which is a whole different beast all togather.

Tony, I think I want to move my family where you are if that can spare me having to hear or see or read anything about Kim (or any other) Kardashian....

As for the quiet forums... I can only speak for myself... October was just a killer month. Hoping to see some easing up on things so I have time to get back to the railroad and have something to show for the forum...

She is a 'celebrity' known mainly for having a caboose large enough for a decent layout. Hence the connection to model railroading.

Back