Recent content by 187

1. 1

Layout Cleaning

http://www.lowes.com/pd_379326-95155-WAC5300_1z11on2__?productId=3580162&pl=1 This link is for info only. You can get a filter at any big box or amazon or ebay . No more dust on the layout.
  2. 1

Orange construction fence

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/22664
  3. 1

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

How do I use this for HOn3?
  4. 1

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Jim, Yes the bolts were pre bifocals and pre cataracts. Your thru girder looks like a CV of which I own 2 and only need one somewhere else and my HOn3 has 24" R curves. I'm good to go. I owe you one. As I was typing I started to think of all the wonderful ideas that are in this 243 page thread...
  5. 1

Is the thru girder portion a curved unit from somebody or did you bend a straight one? Blayne
  6. 1

I just counted them in my bridge and stopped at 804. Each drilled and glued. I need to retract the word fond from my earlier post. Blayne
  7. 1

This brought back fond memories of building the Dinky Creek Bridge almost 40 years ago. By Christmas it should be on my layout
  8. 1

Good choice of bracing.
  9. 1

Two tree trunks angled from the rock to the bottom point of the 3rd V from each end. The timbers should go at about a 45degree angle from the rock.This will leave 4 V's between the braces. Use an X brace between the 2 timbers from each side.
  10. 1

All this talk of rickety look got my attention. Without the comment of 60' I would have figured out to be twice that long. How about another picture but taking in the whole scene so we can put it into context more? The original shot makes jot appear much longer than it is.
  11. 1

It really needs piers. It's way too spindly this way. The rocks are fantastic. No , better than fantastic Blayne
  12. 1

Did you scratch build the curved trestle or does someone make a kit? Blayne
  13. 1

Railway Design Associates

Not that anyone gives a damn but my grandfather worked there when it was Simmons silk mill and my father worked there when it was Shapiro & Sons bedspread factory. I remember going there in 1945 when I was 5 and riding the cloth spreading machine that my Dad pushed up and down the table. My kit...
  14. 1

If you don't put the turntable in, a year from now, if not sooner, I look forward to the great photos of your scale work crew tearing up a yard in order to put the turntable in. The 8" will look better if you don't mind not turning the 2-8-0.
  15. 1

Happy New Year to a great modeler. No telling how many of us you have inspired to keep trudging forward as we build our empires, Get well soon. Blayne

Back