Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what if you travelled to mars and you had enough fuel to get back to the point of origin but misjudged where the earth had moved to ! Me I plan staying on Earth, I don’t plan on looking to see if it is a sphere or a flat on the back of an animal,and I may have a panic attack if I had to jump out of an airplane, god forbid, in case the earth buggers off without me…..yeah yeah tongue in cheek, but I believe the more we think we know and the more we tell others this is how it is the more stupid we sound.
Evidently, there are people who understand Maths and Geometry and Physics...

I'm not sure who these mythical creatures are, but they assure me that slinging a rocket at the moon, and bringing it back to earth is fairly easy. So Mars isn't that much more difficult.

Evidently, there are people who understand Maths and Geometry and Physics...

I'm not sure who these mythical creatures are, but they assure me that slinging a rocket at the moon, and bringing it back to earth is fairly easy. So Mars isn't that much more difficult.
The planets' orbits are relatively stable, so it's a simple task to calculate where one of them will be at a given point in time. The asteroid belt, not so much. Many of them are in stable-ish orbits, but there are others that aren't, and they can act like billiard balls, bouncing off other asteroids, and destabilizing their orbits.

Well sure, big bang theory must be correct. Fuel, timing and ignition all happening at the right time. Not sure where the fuel came from though. Musta come into existence from a previous big bang.
Ok, moving on to other wonders, evolution of man over the billions of years. Oh, wait, the astroid killed everything just 65 million years ago. So man only had that long to evolve from an omeba.

Well sure, big bang theory must be correct. Fuel, timing and ignition all happening at the right time. Not sure where the fuel came from though. Musta come into existence from a previous big bang.
Ok, moving on to other wonders, evolution of man over the billions of years. Oh, wait, the astroid killed everything just 65 million years ago. So man only had that long to evolve from an omeba.
After watching the news I think some of us evolved from the cockroaches……

Eeeew! Country life at its finest. We just experienced a major skunk fart really close by! Gotta use the indoor facilities for the next hour or so. We have no animals of our own, so it was most likely directed at a bobcat, as it's too early in the evening for coyotes to be out.

Meanwhile, since previous plans for today were axed, I retrieved a deep-fried turkey from the freezer and enough thawed out in time to warm some up for dinner. I still get one or two every Thanksgiving from a vendor that I dealt with for years. He does 300 or so every Thanksgiving, assembly line style in a back room at his window screen factory. It's amazing to watch as there are 15 deep fryers lined up in a row, and every four minutes a turkey goes into one. After 45 minutes or so, it comes out and over to the packing table where it is wrapped in foil, put in an aluminum roaster pan and then the whole thing goes into a large heavy duty plastic bag. Then a pre-printed label (for all of his customers) gets put on and someone from the management or sales team delivers 10-15 at a time. When I or any other drop-in shows up, they just pull one from the process and send us off. He does this over a two day period. He buys three 55-gallon drums of peanut oil to use every year. I still get one or two every year even though I haven't been employed in over six years. His Mexican employees fry up some catfish for themselves although there is a turkey cut up over in the break room. There is even a timekeeper directing operations.

Gotta go now, see y'all again in the morning.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This did not happen at my house.

Attachments

• old tradition.jpg
    old tradition.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back