Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to you, Ken!! Thanks for joining into our little coffee clutch.

What a treat!! The new greyhound slept through the night. Now he is trotting through the house picking up and playing with the myriad dog toys we have for the first greyhound. And the older is not too sure about this sharing of toys thing. Here's a picture of the boys:

IMG-20210924-WA0002.jpg

Now we are letting him go without his muzzle. Now muzzles may sound horrible to you, but greyhounds are quite comfortable with them in the track systems. And this one is now just over two weeks from the track in Iowa. He might become a keeper although now we are only foster-homing him.

Evening meeting last night so no real progress. I did build and mount a small shelf upon which I will mount the circuit boards for the electromagnet system. ANother meeting tonight and then a social/business dinner tomorrow. But then wifeykins goes to a retreat so I will have all Friday night/Saturday morning to myself!! I'm thinking train work until late Friday. EIther finish up the Kadee EM uncoupler system or the rework of the feeders that are causing issues.

Hoping for a wonderful day to all! Time to feed the hounds - - - - Steve J

Attachments

• 20210924_143326.jpg
    20210924_143326.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 105
I'm worried the lacquer thinner may break down the plastic. I have no idea how the plastic would react with acetone.
Louis, I would not use neither one. Try a section with "cheap" Walmart spray oven cleaner(or whatever one is in the house). Suggest you do it in the bathtub, or outside is better.. I use oven cleaner for paint removal and have not had any damage to the plastic shells.

I know what you mean. I live in southern Illinois, about 250 miles straight south of Chicago. Just the same, if I tell someone where I'm from they immediately say "oh, Chicago" to which I immediately say "not even close".
Ken

Ken ..... Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Apparently, I am about q50 miles south of you in western Kentucky at land Between the Lakes. Do you ever go to the model railroad shop (Chuck's Depot) in Marion, IL. A couple of my friends here as well as my self are thinking of making a trip there soon. It's been a while since I have been there. The layout downstairs in his building is remarkable.

I also grew up in the Chicago burbs, near West Chicago which is 30 miles west of the city. When asked I tell them I am from Northern Illinois. Close enough cause they wont know anyway.

Mike .... I have used the phrase, Northern Illinois, also. It's good to know there are some people here from near where I grew up.

Louis .... Perhaps, you can experiment using different cleaning agents on just one piece of your track.

Gary .... The club layout looks fun. I see a nice passenger train. Is it an HO replica of the Ocean?

Steve MILW ..... Nice dogs. It looks like the greyhound wants to run.

Everybody ..... Have a good day.

Morning Everyone -- we are starting at 53 degrees and it's still quite dark out. Yesterday high was 73F/22.9C, today is forecast 79F/26.1C and the record high this date was 111F/43.8C in 1999!
Scattered clouds are on tap for today.

FLO - Hungry this morning - Would like the big breakfast this day of the CFS smothered in country gravy with eggs up, grits on the side and sourdough toast with a DP to drink, please.

TomO Happy birthday to you this morning! You are almost right on 10 years younger than me - boy, would I like to have that 10 years back.
TERRY - Sad to hear! What an ordeal your family has been through. Now it is time to start the healing process - Prayers and God's blessings to all the family.

GARRY -- Awesome pic of the silver Q units. F Units are still tops in my book - especially the FT's and F3's before they started covering all the screens up with the grills.
Thank you very much for the compliments on my Spousal Unit. I kinda love her a lot - just wish I had met her when we were both younger.

Christian/SteveJ -- Good looking pups - my three are starting their morning whine for treats as we speak.
BBL, sorry!

Good morning everyone! Cool morning here, but supposed to get up to about 86 later. Still not too hot to go to the park on my lunch break and eat in my truck. Better than staying at the work place to eat. I'm retired law enforcement and now work at a national home improvement warehouse as the electrical guy. Hope you all have a great day!
Ken

Thanks for the past law enforcement service. Are you wearing orang, blue or green aprons at work?

TomO

Good morning Crew from the cool area of Wisconsin. Too cold for being on the deck this morning as it’s still in the 50s but heading to a possible 86f degrees. Just another great day in a continued line of great weather days.

Thank you for the birthday wishes and I feel the best I have in years but age 69 doesn’t bother me, the daily aches and pains are bothersome but much better then the alternative.

Until dinner this evening today will just be another day for us. Being Wednesday it is a Farmers Market day and a walk around the Capital in Madison.

Welcome aboard to the new Crew members, this is quite the Forum with a wonderful global group of modelers. Pictures seen here in the Diner are damn great and very informative.

Attention Steve! This caboose below was supposed to be stripped and painted into my freelance colors. I can’t seem to be able to do it. I am thinking a park and putting it there. It will now get weathered slightly. I ordered a non Milwaukee Road transfer caboose from Buford that I can strip. You can feel better now Steve!

Enjoy your day
TomO
198B541B-04A0-4897-90FE-D6AB27B3F37D.jpeg

Ken ..... Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Apparently, I am about q50 miles south of you in western Kentucky at land Between the Lakes. Do you ever go to the model railroad shop (Chuck's Depot) in Marion, IL. A couple of my friends here as well as my self are thinking of making a trip there soon. It's been a while since I have been there. The layout downstairs in his building is remarkable.
Thanks Garry. I didn't know about Chuck's, but will definitely check it out next time I'm down that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back