Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLOC

Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin where the weather happily remains the same. Overnight in the high 40’s, 50’s at wake up and then 80’s in the afternoon. I am definitely not complaining especially since there is very little humidity.

I have clean up to finish after the dining room furniture arrived yesterday. There are little white bits of foam that I missed yesterday that need to be vacuumed. Seems that in Terry’s mind the table is bigger then what we purchased it back in April or March. Anyway her notes indicate the measurements of the old table and the new one which actually match what was delivered, imagine that. Now the scary part for me starts over. She has been waiting for the dining table to get here before she purchased end tables, lamps and other stuff you need to fill space in the living room. We are going shopping today. We still do not know when the furniture for the living room will be here, that to was ordered in either Match or April. The living room, kitchen and dining rooms are actually one big room identified by different ceiling heights so the “coloring” must match. I will not be enjoying this adventure which probably will last many days. In reality I will be the chauffeur who will say that looks good or are you sure and if you like it.

I hope to get back into the train room today. The slot track is all routed and waiting for the copper tape. I can start scenery and assembling the grand stands and the pit buildings. The son finished the routing yesterday before heading back to Austin this morning. I need to finish soldering the feeders on the layout to the buss and run a test train. Lots to do, so little time.

Have a great day
TomO

edit before it even posts: talked to the brother while typing this. He is in Marshfield today and Terry and I will meet him 1/2 way for brunch, so today’s plans are shot

edit2
posted the wrong picture but I will leave it for Art Appreciation minute, from the Van Gaugh Experience a few weeks ago

85D0620F-EB4E-4845-9DE8-19D42EFE50CA.jpeg

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

The bathroom folks were here at 8 am and will finish the tile work today and grout everything tomorrow. I'll take a photo when it's done. The wife and I went out to Dad's today for several hours and it should be ready for the estate sale Sat. and Sun.

Mikey- I misread your post and was looking all over for the dead body! :D

Louis- A nice way to remember a loved one. 3 B's looks interesting.

Willie- Good progress on the details.

OBTC 1909- Looks like a well behaved dog.

Christian- I like the looks of the brick building on the left in the video.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
I will not be enjoying this adventure which probably will last many days. In reality I will be the chauffeur who will say that looks good, or are you sure, and if you like it.
OMG - I had rather have wisdom teeth extracted than that!
Usually, I am asked to go and look at it AFTER SWMBO has already made up her mind -- Why I do not know because anything I might add to the conversation is MOOT!

Texas Hobo

Well Known Hobo
Good Afternoon all! A rainy day here in H-Town. I did make it out to take care of a few cores and managed to return before the heavy rains started.
I replaced the oatmeal box tank at the refinery with a Walthers.
1633038284495.png

I might add a second one if I can fit it. Still need to put the firewall around it.

STAY SAFE
LATER

TLOC

OMG - I had rather have wisdom teeth extracted than that!
Usually, I am asked to go and look at it AFTER SWMBO has already made up her mind -- Why I do not know because anything I might add to the conversation is MOOT!

Sherrel

Today’s adventure after seeing the brother for lunch worked out great. we drove through the town where the living room stuff was purchased on April 5. It is maybe going to be delivered the 2nd week in November. But, end tables and a TV stand were purchased. Took 30 minutes to look and 5 minutes for Sally the sales lady to get 60% down. TV cabinet/stand whatever it’s called is in stock and will be delivered when the other living room furniture are delivered. The 3 end tables maybe delivered in February 2022. There are still lamps to be purchased but she will wait till the end tables come in I see nothing wrong with our lamps but what do I know. Terry says we did good on pricing. Somehow I missed that when I signed the credit card slip.

TomO
6F1B09E9-7513-4C87-950A-9949A28C4E72.jpeg

OBTC 1909

Sherrel

Today’s adventure after seeing the brother for lunch worked out great. we drove through the town where the living room stuff was purchased on April 5. It is maybe going to be delivered the 2nd week in November. But, end tables and a TV stand were purchased. Took 30 minutes to look and 5 minutes for Sally the sales lady to get 60% down. TV cabinet/stand whatever it’s called is in stock and will be delivered when the other living room furniture are delivered. The 3 end tables maybe delivered in February 2022. There are still lamps to be purchased but she will wait till the end tables come in I see nothing wrong with our lamps but what do I know. Terry says we did good on pricing. Somehow I missed that when I signed the credit card slip.
We ordered a couch and a love seat back in December. They are to be delivered next Tuesday. Unbelievable how long it takes to get this stuff these days.

TLOC

We ordered a couch and a love seat back in December. They are to be delivered next Tuesday. Unbelievable how long it takes to get this stuff these days.
It was explained that when we purchased the couch and love seat what caused the delay. I said wood availability she said nope it’s the foam. The Texas cold weather event in 2/2021 destroyed 2 of 3 USA manufacturing plants that produce the foam that goes in the cushions. The alternative suppliers are in China and this company supposedly will not use China.

The end tables ordered today are out so far because the Amish cannot keep up with the demand. Sally the salesperson and co-owner says 2021 has been far and away the best year they have had in 30+ years. The delays aren’t stopping the buying.

TomO

Bruette

Good morning Everybody!

So many interesting posts, but so little time. Forgive me for all I have missed and all I will miss in the future. I assure you it's not do to a lack of interest, only a severe lack of time.

An update about my 10 inch, Android 11 tablet I bought for $100, it works! My Lionel apps work perfectly and the battery is holding up great. It's even better than I had hoped. My only question; is the Chinese military spying on me.😉 If they are, I hope they enjoy Lionel trains because that is all I use it for. 😋

Don't worry, I use my Amazon tablet to read and post to this forum.

I've been saying it for years, I really need to be selling tinfoil hats.

I finally picked up one of these. I over paid a little bit, but it is mint and I really wanted it!

1633072435926.png

Have a great day Everybody!

OBTC 1909

Good morning all! 59 degrees with 100% humidity here, heading up to around 85 for the day. Drinking my Folgers before heading off to work. Had one day off and now it's back to work for six in a row. The dog is making use of her new bed this morning, so I actually get the couch to myself. Hope you all have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.