Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon, It's a very cloudy-overcast day and my cell phone weather says it might rain, great, but then what was almost solid clouds broke apart and there was enough blue sky to make a Dutchman a pair of pants so I guess no rain? It will be interesting to see what happens later.

Pere WW it's: 97.0 °F - Feels Like 99 °F with Humidity of 20%. It's supposed to reach a high of 102 °F and a low of only 74 °F for sleeping weather, oh joy, I have to keep a fan blowing on me all night to be comfortable enough to sleep without sweating.

Say Jeffrey, It sounds like you may have made a good choice in the JY 318 motor and the price doesn't seem too bad either. So good for you.

Nothing much else going on here as it too hot in the garage to comfortable work on the layout. Anyway the second curved Left hand turnout is next to completed so that good, maybe tonight?

Hello coffee shop patrons.

David ... Sounds like it is hot there. Not too bad here where it is in the 80's.

Carey ... If your around, we may be traveling to AL in late August.

Not too much new stuff with my Model railroad because of traveling and out of town visitors.

Currently, we are very concerned about my wife's sister in Nashville. She had a heart attack this weekend. Doctors corrected blocked arteries, and she is in ICU recovering from that now.

For those who missed it, here is my photo in August Model Railroader Trackside Photos. I'm very happy with it.

DSCN6011_zps3d63aec7.jpg

Happy Model Railroading!

Say Jeffrey, It sounds like you may have made a good choice in the JY 318 motor and the price doesn't seem too bad either. So good for you.

David, I went through all the figures of #1 what a rebuild would cost ($4,000-$5,000), #2 what a good used full size van or pickup would cost ($3,000 to $3,500) and #3 what a good used or junk yard rebuilt 318 would cost with installation ($1,175). #3 isn't my favorite but it's the cheapest and the only one my father will help with. If I go for a rebuild of the existing engine or go for a newer vehicle I have to come up with all the money myself and he knows there's no way in hell I can do that. So option #3 it is. Now all I have to do is get my part of the money together. There's a fund raiser going in the diner of another forum that's raised a bit so far. If people stick to their pledges there should be enough I think.

Have to back out early tonight. I was coming in from outside a while ago, lost my balance on the steps and fell backward down the steps. Now my back is aching badly. I'm gonna take a couple of oxycodone tablets and go to bed. Will not play with the computer, will not watch TV, will not pass go and collect $200. To bed and nowhere else. See y'all later.

P3202178.jpg

Hello coffee shop patrons.

David ... Sounds like it is hot there. Not too bad here where it is in the 80's.

Currently, we are very concerned about my wife's sister in Nashville. She had a heart attack this weekend. Doctors corrected blocked arteries, and she is in ICU recovering from that now.

For those who missed it, here is my photo in August Model Railroader Trackside Photos. I'm very happy with it.

[/IMG][/URL]

Happy Model Railroading!

Say Garry:
Ya, it been a bit of a bummer for sure but fortunately things seem to be starting to cool down. It's clouded back up with some dark Cumulus clouds so maybe there is a chance of rain to cool things off, If course it will probably quite humid after.

Very sorry to hear about your wife's sister, but glad they were able to correct her problem. Some of the blood thinners she my be prescribed can be bad too so that something you and your wife need to check on unless she has other family.

Congrats on the cover shot and inside article of MR and thanks for posting. That a real golden spike award for you alright! Way to Go!!

David.... Thanks for commenting.... To clear it up, the cover shot is not mine. I'm happy with the 2-page photo from my layout in Trackside Photos. ..... My wife's sister is recovering okay. It is amazing what doctors can do. ...

Good evening RB dwellers, we're between t-storms here in central MD, skies are partly cloudy but the ground is sopping wet. Trash collection in my neighborhood is early Wednesday morning, but I rolled my bins to the curbside tonight since TWC shows rain for every hour of Tuesday; I do NOT want to have to walk 300ft thru torrential rainfall to take out my trash!

Didn't accomplish anything mrr-related this past weekend, since my sciatica problem seems to be dragging on. Wound up getting an MRI on Saturday afternoon, it appears I damaged my L5 disc when I twisted my back ~6 weeks ago. The doc gave me some Prednisone tablets, been taking them since Saturday afternoon but they don't seem to be having any effect. Guess I'll just have to learn to live with this condition; I refuse to waste all of my saved-up vacation time recuperating from back surgery!

Garry, that centerfold photo is definitely something to be proud of! Only 1% of modelers who submit actually succeed in having their photos published in Model Railroader these days, so my hats off to you. It's gonna take years for me to get my new layout to the stage of scenery that my previous one was at, so there will be scant WPF activity from me in the near future.

Jeff, best of luck getting that new motor into your van - I watched your video, definitely looks like you need it! Hope you recover quickly from that fall - ouch!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, best of luck getting that new motor into your van - I watched your video, definitely looks like you need it! Hope you recover quickly from that fall - ouch!!
I have to agree. His vans engine pings, clunks, clatters and sometimes sounds much like a diesel.I am thinking it is on the last legs and just has not decided when to die. It is only 33 years old. God! That thing is older than I am!

David.... Thanks for commenting.... To clear it up, the cover shot is not mine. I'm happy with the 2-page photo from my layout in Trackside Photos. ..... My wife's sister is recovering okay. It is amazing what doctors can do. ...

You have very good reason to be pleased getting the center two pages, that is a excellent shot that really does justice to your modeling. Again, Congratulations!

Apologies for getting things mixed up.

I'm glad to hear your wife's sister is recovering well too.

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

Good Morning!

It's Tue 7/15/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Some isolated showers and a high of 71. I'll probably go to Kokomo, today. :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good afternoon. My back felt much better this morning . But I thought it best to get more rest. So I stayed in bed until 2pm. It still hurts but is only a dull ache now. I'll be back around later.

Good afternoon. My back felt much better this morning . But I thought it best to get more rest. So I stayed in bed until 2pm. It still hurts but is only a dull ache now. I'll be back around later.

Jeffrey,,were not as nimble as we used to be,,,,be careful! Us old fruits bruise more easily!:eek:;)

Had a look back over his previous posts Terry. All sale or swap/buy. I think there needs to be a requirement put in place, as there is on many other forums, that a member cannot sell/swap until they have met a certain contributory requirement to prove they are not just here for that purpose.

On one of my car forums for instance, you have to be a contributing member for 3 months and have a rep score of at least 1 before you can. It weeds out these rip-off merchants. I suggest this guy be immediately banned.

Update: After I plugged all the connectors that were unplugged, I set it on the track, turned the power on, and the main circuit board and decoder went up in foul-smelling smoke. Now I really DO have a paperweight. I made sure the smoke unit's wires were not touching anything, and the switch in the tender was turned off before I applied power. I guess it doesn't matter now that the motor wasn't hooked up, it'll never run now.

:eek: Dude,,,you didn't get screwed,,,,,you got raped! :eek:

Sorry to see this happen to you, or anyone for that matter. This guy needs to pull his cranium out of his rectum and make this right,,,or there is a thing called mail fraud! :rolleyes:
More like he got clipped, whipped and double dipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back