Welcome to Coffee Shop 17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope it's a fun one. Glad to hear that your Mom is coming home. :)

Ya'll can take your hot weather back. It's in the 90's here today. Yuck!


Stay cool!

Sandy
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jeffrey!

Karl, BOC has quit hogging all the rain and we had a shower Sunday and a quick 1/2" yesterday. Nothing more forecast for us in the northern half of state, but Jim may get some today.

Over the weekend, I started computer housekeeping by running several AV, AT, and AS scans with different software. I used McAfee, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, Ad-Aware, and AVG followed by a Hijackthis scan/report. If you think you have the perfect antivirus...wrong. Each one of these found something the others didn't. Nothing serious, but there were a few threats and a load of tracking cookies. A couple of these scans took all day.

Now if I can just shake this lousy sinus headache I've had for two days, I can start prepping the shop for painting. Probably just as well, I like to wait and do my work when it is boiling hot...jeeze, I can be a dumb butt :D.

Back to ya'later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Over the weekend, I started computer housekeeping by running several AV, AT, and AS scans with different software. I used McAfee, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, Ad-Aware, and AVG followed by a Hijackthis scan/report. If you think you have the perfect antivirus...wrong.

The latest version of McAfee for us Comcast customers is a real hoot, seems it wont perform it's automatic updates with Ad-Aware or Spybot in place. I (per the Comcast help desk) had to remove both to get the latest update to run:mad:.
Why can't they all just get along??
 
Karl: You ought to see what Yahoo Anti-Spy does to Windows XP. On two occasions it deleted the files needed for the Windows video settings. Nothing major, just the control over screensavers, monitor settings, themes, desktop settings, things like that.
 
Heck, Jeffrey, you're still a pup!!! Look at it this way, you are only 7 in dog years. Happy Birthday regardless.

Well, got everyone aboard the boat this morning after breakfast. The ladies, Angela, the grandson's GF and her mom and the granddaughter are whuppin' up some shish-ka-bobs for the ol' evening meal. The grandson is playing Train Simulator and Jay's GF's Dad is WOWING over all of the electronics on the boat. I thought I'd drop in and say "howdy" to all. Jim, the grandson's GF's Dad, bought a 30 pack on board this morning, we may have to find another liquor store here soon. lol And the women have been guzzling down the Pina Coladas like they want to be taken advantage of.

Gorgeous day to be on the water. The breeze is keeping things just right. 2-4 footers, at least that's what NOAA is saying. I haven't fund anything that big yet. More like 1-2 footers.

We will head over to the Canuckian side of the lake after supper. I'll have to radio the Canuckian Coast Gaurd to let them know we're are heading over to dock overnite. Then, we'll head to "da Bridge" at Mackinac tomorrow and pass into Lake Superior via the Soo Locks. Of course, I'll fill up with fuel sometime tomorrow. With all of the traveling we've done today, the boat has done VERY well in the fuel consumption department. We've burned less than 50g. Not at all bad. Actually excellent.

We plan to do a bit of shopping in Sault St. Marie. I know of a little train shop. Muaaaawwaaaaa!!!! And of course, there is a small restaurant there that we'll surely have lunch or supper. The bacon wrapped chicken livers are the most-ut. Delicious!!!

Well, the dinner bell is ringin', time to put on the feed bag. Later.

Bob
 
Gave the Kubota another workout this afternoon. Hauled off the old step that was 15"X36"X10" of solid concrete. I would not have wanted anything heavier for that was all the tractor could move without popping the front wheels which I did a couple of times on some rather large bumps. I am just about ready to start putting in the forms for the new concrete. Anyone in the that wants to help come on over and I WILL find something for you to do. Still have a small area to dig out but that won't take long and then the forming begins YEAH RAH.
 
I had a nice rainy drive around north of London visiting all kinds of clients to start a staff review report:eek::eek: Boy, did I get told stories!!:eek:

And I forgot to bring camera with me to get pix of the salt mines around Goderich ON----DRATS!!:eek::mad:

Happy Birthday!!! Jeff!!:D:D:D
 
Spent much of the afternoon and evening helping my mother. She's getting better. Four days ago she couldn't get out of bed. Now she can at least get out of it and stand beside it. Walking unassisted is still another matter. She can do it.

I've been working on the freight station today. This is what I have so far.

P7071487.jpg


P7071489.jpg
 
Have you guys read this old one:
This is too funny!!!! Keep husbands out of Wal-Mart....Smile

This is why women should not take men shopping against their will.

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, my wife is like most women -
she loved to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Wal-Mart:

Dear Mrs. Hall,

Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against Mr. Samsel are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.


1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.

2 . July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in House wares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato j
uice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in House wares. Get on it right away.'

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.

6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the ' Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of
funnels.

13. October 9: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 14: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

And last, but not least ..


15. October 16: Went into a fitting room shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!'
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hmmmm, and I thought I was the only one who randomly dropped condoms into stray carts !!!!;)
Lotsa fun at the local grocery on Wednesdays, when Sr's get an extra 10% off!!! :rolleyes: :D Worst part is, my Father taught me this!

Speaking of Walmart,
A couple is shopping in Walmart one day, and they pass a beer display.
"Look Honey" the husband says " They have the 24 pack of Budweiser on special for 10 bucks, lets get some!"
"No dear she says, it's too expensive" she answers.
Dejected, he follows her to the cosmetics counter, where she picks up some beauty cream and places it in the cart.
"Whats that?" he asked
"Face cream to make me beautiful!" she says.
He picks it up and spies the $20.00 price tag and says "We oughta go back and get the Budweiser, it does the same thing for half the cost."

Over the PA system comes the announcement, "Code blue in cosmetics, we have a husband down!" :eek:
 
LMAO, God I remeber all the stuff my fellow employees and I would do when I worked fer Wally World! A few months back in The furniture Dept. the department head left a Telzon in a cabnet!:eek: Good thing im a nice guy and turned it in PDQ, I could have made The store manager loose his lunch with that Whole store clearence sale thought that popped in to my mind on the way to the service desk! I'm gulity of using the PA when I'm there though:D Rex, that list was missing a few things too, Bouncing a basket ball down the isles, Going for a bike ride on a trycycle, Skateboarding, Just ask stupid question at the service desk, Turn up all the sterios in automotive, ECT......
 
Hello--

I'm off to run around doing some more client visits:eek::eek:---

The weather is supposed to have some more sun for us----minus the DULL DULL DULL that we got yesterday-----Oh, BTW, we also got rained on again last night by a pop up---T'underin' boomer!!:eek:

So, it's off to out of town clients with me:eek:;)--------

Have a good one--:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Good morning.

It's 77 and cloudy. The high will be around 95 and there's a chance of rain.

Yesterday was my mother's first day home after a lengthy stay in the hospital and she's glad to be out of that place. Now she can get some peace and quiet and not have to wake up every hour and a half for somebody to poke and prod her. I'll be spending quite a bit of time at my parents place taking care of her while she recuperates. Being that their modem works only when it wants to I don't know how much time I'll be spending here. I did more work on the DPM freight station last night. I got the roof on it and have applied the first of several paint treatments to the roof.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/8/2009

Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 78°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph WSW

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P7081490.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 68 and less humid this morning as I hit the highways. High will be 80 F.

Last night started out pretty mundane. My daughter had her flute lesson. My father-in-law has apparently come down with this bug. However, the annoying thing is he tells us he is out of his medication and upon further questioning we find it has been a couple of days that he has been out. For some bizarre and unknown reason he didn’t tell us until last night. So we have to run out to the pharmacy and pick it up for him. He does this with other things too. He will tell us that he used the last bit of milk right after the stores close. He finished the milk several hours before and knew it when went to the store early in the night. I wish I could say it was old age but according to my wife (and I saw some of it) most of the arguments between him and his wife were over the same thing.

I did some updating of our Cub Scout website and got some paperwork together for our upcoming Pack Camping Trip on Friday.

I am feeling much better although I still have a residual cough.

One of our dogs is acting out of sorts and we can’t figure out why. He is constantly pacing around the house and seems on edge. He is normally a little high strung but not like this. We have noticed that he seems to be scratching his ear often. I am going to try to get him to the vets tonight or tomorrow.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Hey Jeff! Quit trying to sneak off with Chris' soap box! I rather appreciate that one always knows where he stands with Chris.......besides, you've got to get your own soap box!
 
Good morning folks.

It's pretty quiet in here these days. Tis the season!

I spent a good portion of yesterday building models. I'm spending more time now than I ever have. I think it's because I have the option of working on more than one thing at a time. I have to remind myself that the bridges section was a whole section, not just two bridges. If I look at my town area in the same way, I'm not really moving that fast. It certainly feels faster with shells of buildings starting to spring up everywhere! I'm doing a few at a time do to having to wait for paint and glue to dry. Rather than work on it one day a week, I'm working on it almost every day.

I hope you all are having a great summer. It's moving quickly that's for sure.

Have a great day!
 
The latest version of McAfee for us Comcast customers is a real hoot, seems it wont perform it's automatic updates with Ad-Aware or Spybot in place. I (per the Comcast help desk) had to remove both to get the latest update to run:mad:.
Why can't they all just get along??

Karl, there are a lot of topics about this on the Comcast Support Forums/Security discussions. Many of the McAfee update problems occur from previously installed outdated engines, but Spybot seems to have its own pickys.

FYI Jeffrey:
Microsoft Video ActiveX Control Vulnerability

Original release date: July 06, 2009
Last revised: --
Source: US-CERT


Systems Affected

* Microsoft Windows XP
* Microsoft Windows Server 2003


Overview

An unpatched vulnerability in the Microsoft Video ActiveX control
is being used in attacks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hey Jeff! Quit trying to sneak off with Chris' soap box! I rather appreciate that one always knows where he stands with Chris.......besides, you've got to get your own soap box!

It ain't my soap box!:eek: Jim built the dang thing and It seems it;s fire proof to boot! Man some of those topic get darn hot and yet that box refuses to burn!:D:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top