Welcome to Coffee Shop 17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still looking for volunteers to come help me with my concrete job. Started making the forms for the concrete today. Got the steps in front of the door formed and started working on the sidewalk across the front. Seems I am not getting as much done on a daily basis as I was Monday. Must be getting tired or maybe I am finally learning to pace myself instead of working like a mad man and wearing myself out daily. This is something I have been told to do for many many years now and never have. I must be getting wise in my old age or just getting closer to being worn out.
 
Hey Chris, maybe the media wizards use those as a smokescreen to keep people from asking REAL questions about what is going on?----:confused::confused:
OUCH!!!! ThatSoapbox Is getting HOT!!!
:confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad:


Jim Why'd you make these soapboxes fireproof? Can we blow 'em up, i wonder-----hmmmn:confused::p

-------------------------------------

I just got home from a 340km drive all over the map---gotta continue dog and pony show tomorrow-----:eek::D:D:D:eek:

Catch all of you inna bit:D:eek::D:D:eek:
 


Man, it has been a long time since I have been around here.

Pulled out a couple trees and bushes at my aunt's house these last few days. Something I wish I would never have to do again.

Its almost hell week for theater. We are rushing this week to get the set finished and painted. Next week is the show! Then I get a quick short break before another full 2 weeks of things.

Read the new MRH, I was impressed again. It is something I would even pay to get!

I might get some modeling done this weekend. The diorama is begging to have more work done to it. I just need to get some paint so I can get rid of the ugly pink.
 
I am still looking for volunteers to come help me with my concrete job. Started making the forms for the concrete today. Got the steps in front of the door formed and started working on the sidewalk across the front. Seems I am not getting as much done on a daily basis as I was Monday. Must be getting tired or maybe I am finally learning to pace myself instead of working like a mad man and wearing myself out daily. This is something I have been told to do for many many years now and never have. I must be getting wise in my old age or just getting closer to being worn out.

I'm "volunteering" boB, he lives closest! :D;):rolleyes::eek::D
 
Here's Jims soap box topic fer today!It's all Jims fault!:D;)


With unemployment hitting 10% Does the Government really have time to deal with this Crap?:mad:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/national/dpg_Bottled_Water_Labeling_fc_20090708_2649395
I rightly don't care whats in my bottled water!:mad::rolleyes:
And this!

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/Nelson_python_ban_070709
Good God I live in the south! What's one more dangerous spieces of snake?:confused::mad:

Simple solutions for both.

Warning, I just got new asbestos slippers that are to be worn when standing on flaming soap boxes :D

Flame on!!!!

#1 Outlaw bottled water unless it comes in easily recyclable containers, and make them list the exact source and contents of said water. Think about it, it really seems stupid. We as a society, pay more for a natural beverage than we pay per gallon for fuel for our cars, yet we know less about it than we do about the water in our toilets.
:eek:

#2 Don't waste money "herding" up the pythons. Just put a 20 dollar bounty out on them , no matter what size, dead only. Humans, being what they are, we'll hunt them to extinction if we think we can make a buck on them. After all, look at history. The Bison, the Alligator, and in some areas, beavers and other small furry critters,were almost all wiped out by our greed. We can do it again!:D

Oh, and to stop the further spread, confiscate and euthanize all the privately held snakes. There is nothing in the Bill of Rights that says you have the right to keep a potentially dangerous "pet" in your house. Furthermore, anyone in violation after a certain date should be sterilized. If you are dumb enough to ignore the law and potentially the welfare of your fellow man, then we don't want you swimming in the gene pool.:mad:

Flame off!!!

I'm getting down now, the box is now hot enough for Chris to make some BBB's on, BOC, what's that ticking noise from inside the box?:confused::rolleyes::cool:

Hmm, thats interesting, my cigarette just lit itself!:confused:
 
Soapbox ON!
I agree with Senator Nelson: Ban all non-native animals/fish/birds/plants from entering the USA. We have enough problems with those that came in years ago, all under good intentions. Yeah right!
Bounty on pythons...danged-tooten, but only for dead ones. Ain't hardly going to hurt a species that doesn't belong here in the first place.
Soapbox OFF!
 
Good morning from Ye Olde London Towne

not much going on this week. Work, sleep, repeat. At least the weather has returned to normal. rain.

Jeffery: a belated happy birthday. You are exactly 363 days older than me.

Bounty on pythons? What about dead parrots and spam spam spam spam lovely spam?

No wait, wrong python.:D:D
 


Simple solutions for both.

#1, yet we know less about it than we do about the water in our toilets.
:eek:

#2
There is nothing in the Bill of Rights that says you have the right to keep a potentially dangerous "pet" in your house.
Flame off!!!

I'm getting down now, the box is now hot enough for Chris to make some BBB's on, BOC, what's that ticking noise from inside the box?:confused::rolleyes::cool:

Hmm, thats interesting, my cigarette just lit itself!:confused:

#1. Well if the dog can drink from the toilet and get no ill effects from it....So can every one else!

#2. I'm OK with Dangerous animal imports as long as some one can export these dang farel cats out of our country to china! also If you put a ban on dangerous pets......Well that means the wife and kids need to be put down! Nothing in nature is more dangerous than a Angry wife @ that time of the month!:eek::eek::eek: I'll take my chances with the snake!
 
Good mornin'

Flame Suit On!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Now Look!!---To control the import of dangerous pets--LICENSE THE GUYS WHO OWN THEM AND FEE THE LIVIN' ----- OUT OF 'EM.!!!!!:eek::eek::mad::mad::eek::eek::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

So there------HAARRRUMPH!!!:D:D:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

Now that that is dealt with I can go back to regular grumpiness----As far as Chris' point number 2----when wife wakes up at change of life with a RRRROOOOAAAARRRGGHH!!!!! THAT is when it is time to find a new establishment out'n the hilly back country!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

------------------------------------------

The morning is filled with bird song and I've got some more client visits to do:D:D:eek:---

Have a good day---such as one can find on a HEAT TESTED day like today appears to be:eek::rolleyes::):)
 
Ban all non-native animals/fish/birds/plants from entering the USA.
Ban certain animals from being brought in? We can't even stop the dang Mexicans from just walking across the border! How would you stop something that can swim in from offshore or for that matter fly in.
 
Good morning folks

It was 67 F and sunny as I rolled onto highways this morning. High will be 80 F.

I got home from work yesterday and found that a pane of glass in the back door had been broken. After some “investigation” I found out my son did it and when confronted he did admit to it. He learned that stupidity and impatience can cost as he had to pay for the new window. It took me a while with his help to replace the window.

We had to stop over at the church and pick-up camping supplies for our Cub Scout camping trip.

I am hoping to get the second new blind installed in the living room tonight and maybe I will get some train time.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
As for point number 2 that Chris has brought up........the smart ones here are the ones not saying anything. They're too busy getting out of the way! Heck, why do you all think I bought a bike at 43 years old? It's faster then the van! She can't catch me!
 
Good morning.

It's 75 and cloudy. The high will be in the upper 90's an dthere's a small chance of rain.

Got more work done on the freight station last night including adding the chimney. Sometime today I'll a couple of details and spray the last alcohol/black acrylic wash onto it. I'm down at my parents place this morning taking care of my mother's needs. Their computer is working OK but the modem is giving me fits. There's a problem upline somewhere that keeps making the modem lose it's signal. I brought my modem down for a test and it did the same thing. All the cable between the modem and the service pole has been replaced and all the connectors are tight. The cable claims there's no problem upline yet THEIR equipment shows a weak sporadic signal on THEIR side of the service pole. I had the same problem a little over a year ago and it turned out to be a bad booster on the cable companies line. I'd bet it's the same thing thing happening here.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/9/2009

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P7011480.jpg
 
Afternoon guys. Just thought I'd stop by after a visit to my Dentist's office. I had a wisdom tooth taken out:(,no fun,let me tell you. Anyway,just wanted to let y'all know I'm still around,just laying low for a bit. But for sure today,man my mouth is sore. Jeffery,Happy Belated Birthday,I hope your day was good one,hope you had fun. So,that's it for now,I'll check back later. William.
 


Karl, you are such a Grinch. lol

Bob

boB, Now where it is true that I am more of a cat person, I can have a use for a dog once a year!
Grinch-cartoon-05.jpg


Bruuhhaaaaa hhaaaaa haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top