Morning, everyone
Larry, that is some fine work on the house. For some reason, it looks much different and more attractive than the ordinary Indiana house. Maybe it's the porch and landscaping. If I was you, I think I'd be spending a few days on the floor exhausted.
Chris, I can imagine tensions are running high with people waiting to find out who's going to get the axe. You're taking the right approach. Just keep doing your work and let the future take care of itself. Most layoffs happen based on what the boss remembers about your last month's work. Getting into a fistfight is a good way to get moved to the top of the list as someone who needs to go. As far as the pills go, I don't think you want to turn into an interstate drug dealer.

It just really galls me to have to beg a doctor for something for pain. When I was a paramedic, I had access to all kinds of narcotics and it would have been hard to track them if I wanted to steal them. If I could resist then, I don't think 15 wimpy pills are going to be a big problem for me today.
BOC, enjoy your three day weekend. I can't believe that northern jet stream still isn't migrating south. It looks like it should start to move next week but I've been saying that for a month so I guess that's why I'm not a professional weather guesser.
Jeffrey, I have constant problems with Charter cable internet. I get five minute outages at least seven or eight times a day. We always have an outage every day between midnight and 1 am. sometimes we get hours long outages for no apparent reason.
Every time I call, I get some person in India who tells me everything on their end is fine and it must be my equipment. I have dozens of screenshots of my network analyzer that shows upstream traffic from my modem and no downstream from Charter and e-mailed them to their "tech support" people. I've had every connection from my modem and router to the street checked or replaced. I've filed complaints with the Alabama Public Service Commission, all of which were ignored. The net result is zero change and the same unreliable service. By golly, Charter filed bankruptcy last month. Ya' think there's any connection between crappy service and not making money?
Been redoing all the street areas around the new municipal building and today I have to do the landscaping. I haven't figured out how to do the lighting yet but it's kind of a dark corner so it needs something. I wish they made models of those sodium vapor floodlights so I could use them to light up the jail area. Maybe have a guy in stripes trying to make it over the fence with the dog hanging off his butt. Such evil thoughts.

Sunny and hot again today with no sign of rain before at least Sunday evening, if then. From the looks of the corn fields, we can forget getting any fresh sweet corn at the farmers market.
