Running Bear's September 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Tom! Hope you enjoy your day.

I was mistaaken about my next CT scan. It's not until Thursday. I'm glad I double checked. I was also going over all of my on-line medical records. While they included a note about each of the three CT scans I had while a patient, they didn't upload any of the images! WTF?

I had to call radiology and ask why, but she didn't have a reason. She said she would make me a disc with each of the three scans included. I guess I better mention this Thursday when I go for the fourth scan. Said I could pick up the disc at the front desk when I come Thursday.
My wife and I have never had any images (CT, Xray, or MRI) posted in our lifetime. They only post the radiologist's assessment which is pretty standard. Yes, you can request a disc, but I have never done anything other than take a photo off of their monitor of something cool like the rod inside Nicki's femur and the bolts holding it in.

CT scans are viewed in 3D mode, so all they would probably be able to do is capture a specific image for you.
 


1790698875566.png

If the Yankees make it past the Wild Card round, without the Judge and I think they will.

Why did I pick the Yankees? Six starting pitchers: Gerrit Cole, Max Fried, Cam Schlittler, Ryan Weathers, Carlos Rodón and Will Warren

Team most likely not to make it to the world series, the Yankees because baseball is unpredictable! 🤪
 
My question is; why is he so underappreciated? Or I should say why don't we hear him on the radio? Even the great classic rock station 98.5 Rocky 98 in York PA who plays the largest variety I have ever head on a classic rock station over looks him. They play Ram Jam's Black Betty (I love that song) not many stations do, but no Frank Marino.
I'm surprised you can even receive that station in Dundalk. It is iffy at best out here in the north forty, even though it gets better closer to the PA line. I would think that 98 Rock (97.9) in Baltimore would overpower it down there.

Myself I'm usually tuned to XM in the truck, either to 70's on 7 , Margaritaville Radio (24) or Ozzy's Boneyard (38). No static at all.
 
I should say why don't we hear him on the radio?
It's because of corporate consolidation of radio. Formats are now highly commercialized and strictly programmed using predictable, standardized playlists designed to retain the maximum number of casual listeners. Gone are the "hippie" DJ's alone in the broadcast booth (and probably stoned) playing deep underground cuts.
 
I'm surprised you can even receive that station in Dundalk.
I get around ;) A few miles north of the top of 695 and they come in great.
98 Rock (97.9) in Baltimore
Speaking of which since the demise of 100.7 98 Rock has been playing "Kick Ass Rock and Roll" again. Ive heard Pantera, I'm not big fans of the Cowboys from Hell but it is the right kind of music. Songs from Led Zepplin's first album, War Pigs and more. Plus lots of new stuff, I have no idea what the names are, but they are good hard rock songs.

You are old enough to remember the tag lines "WIYY, Baltimore, 98 Rock - Kick Ass Rock and Roll" or WWDC FM Washington, DC 101 - Crank it up!" The golden age of album rock.

DC 101 now plays alternative rock, whatever that is, not as bad a (C)rap, but close.
 


Good Afternoon All! 71 in the Brew City at lunchtime, cooling over the next few days. I have to mow again as we're in for about three days of rain, and if I let it go, it will be too high to manage with one pass. I injured myself sleeping last night. Not sure what I did, but I woke up in the wee hours with a muscle spasm in the neck, the kind where if you move wrong, it's like getting hit with a cattle prod. That kept me awake the rest of the night and required a trip to urgent care which netted me some steroids and muscle relaxers. It still hurts like hell to move wrong, but the cattle prod isn't quite so vicious. Should be fun mowing! 🤬 The grandkids and the son were down for a visit, so the weekend was exhausting (in a good way). Taking a break from the bench for a bit so as not to court burnout. I did a dozen passenger car upgrades, and that's enough for a bit. I still have a Hamburger Grill to do, plus a Tavern, and a coach in the Bullpen. Modeling work is never done, just like the layout. 😁 Enjoy your day.
 
That's a lot of Gabapentin. I don't think I came close to that dosage. I'm surprised you are still up and able. Tramadol does come with a warning about driving. Best to err on the safe side.
I do 600 mg per evening, but have permission to go to 1800 if I need it. My neurologist says the body can tolerate a lot of Gabapentin. Good thing because I generally refuse opiates.
 
Last edited:
I get around ;) A few miles north of the top of 695 and they come in great.

Speaking of which since the demise of 100.7 98 Rock has been playing "Kick Ass Rock and Roll" again. Ive heard Pantera, I'm not big fans of the Cowboys from Hell but it is the right kind of music. Songs from Led Zepplin's first album, War Pigs and more. Plus lots of new stuff, I have no idea what the names are, but they are good hard rock songs.

You are old enough to remember the tag lines "WIYY, Baltimore, 98 Rock - Kick Ass Rock and Roll" or WWDC FM Washington, DC 101 - Crank it up!" The golden age of album rock.

DC 101 now plays alternative rock, whatever that is, not as bad a (C)rap, but close.
In San Jose We had KOME, "the come spot on your Dial"
 
I feel like an amateur with only 200mg of Gabapentin per day.

I tried doing my home exercises for PT today and was cursing my therapist the entire time. He doesn't take hints well. On thursday, he's getting the blunt truth. Green band from his set, waaaaaaay too strong. I need the lower strength one.

His list is too many reps with too strong of a band.

I dropped to the weakest band I had for the exercises, and could only complete half the reps, and only two sets, not three as prescribed. So - basically I did one set. And I haven't even gotten through all nine exercises. My hip and leg muscles were burning and tight. Today should have been stretching and loosening, not more of the same.

Willie, yes, our insurance is par for the course from what I'm hearing. We can't afford the old gold-plated insurance plans from 10-20 years ago. That's C-suite executive territory. And we're not old enough to qualify for the semi-socialized medicine plans yet.

Perhaps tonight, I'll finish off the list of exercises to say I did a full round, just not all the sets.
 
My wife and I have never had any images (CT, Xray, or MRI) posted in our lifetime. They only post the radiologist's assessment which is pretty standard. Yes, you can request a disc, but I have never done anything other than take a photo off of their monitor of something cool like the rod inside Nicki's femur and the bolts holding it in.

CT scans are viewed in 3D mode, so all they would probably be able to do is capture a specific image for you.

They have the whole series of shots from each of the scans the radiologist is going to transfer to disc. She is also going to include the reader so the shots can be sequenced through with a mouse wheel.

All I'm really interested in is the second scan when the bladder was leaking into the extraperitoneal cavity, and this coming scan on Thursday to compare the two.
 
My wife and I have never had any images (CT, Xray, or MRI) posted in our lifetime. They only post the radiologist's assessment which is pretty standard. Yes, you can request a disc, but I have never done anything other than take a photo off of their monitor
Never had one either, never bothered to request one either, although I always knew that I could. Not sure I would understand anything that I was looking at anyway. That's along the same line as my best friend's dad who requested that he be awake for his colonoscopy so he could watch the monitor. Yes, they allow that if you request it. I kinda like the trip as I wake up from the anesthesia.
 


It's because of corporate consolidation of radio. Formats are now highly commercialized and strictly programmed using predictable, standardized playlists designed to retain the maximum number of casual listeners. Gone are the "hippie" DJ's alone in the broadcast booth (and probably stoned) playing deep underground cuts.
yeah. I was listening to the classic rock station locally several years ago and they mentioned one of the DJs was doing a live broadcast from the local VW dealer. We were driving by so I stopped and talked to him while the music was playing. Only when he talked did he have to go do his thing. The tunes were all programmed in and he just talked when it told him to.

I asked how they developed their lists and how songs got on -- I was complaining about the worst song in the world that plays on classic rock radio -- Manfred Mann -- Blinded by the Light (Andes I know The Boss wrote it -- I am not a Boss fan either). He said they ran focus groups and played candidate songs as well as existing acceptable songs and scored them by the response from the focus group and those that did well stayed or got put on the list and those that didn't score well got taken off the list or just stayed off.

This DJ was an older old school DJ I think so had been around when it was different. He didn't try and make excuses for the system today. Just that it was how the corporate overlords did it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top