Good Morning All. Clear and 74° here. The nearby rain yesterday was a bust for me, although there were some short bursts of thundershowers nearby; mostly in Oklahoma and some counties east of me. The big event is still forecast for tomorrow and Thursday, in fact a Flood Watch has already been issued for our area, with a prediction of 2" to 5" possible, starting around dusk tomorrow. It would take at least 4" of rain in a short period in this close-by area to produce any flooding though. I'd be happy with a 2.5" down-burst, followed by another inch of light showers.
Of course, I had to add water to the pool yesterday to keep the filter running. It's still in the 74°-75° range and quite refreshing. But I will have to close it up this weekend or early next week prior to us leaving for vacation next Wednesday.
Had a man come by yesterday and pick up a trailer load of scrap steel. It was all from the tornado of '24, that I have been gathering up in piles waiting for this opportunity. All too long for me to carry to the recyclers. This fellow just took everything at no cost as opposed to others who would come for a fee. My guess is that the trailer-load netted him around $80-$90. Downside? I now have to mow those storage spots immediately and in the future! No reported snakes, but I am sure some were encountered.
I also finished off the first complete firewood stack, one cord ready to go. I have about a half cord ready in the second stack, and at least that much still ready to pick up out in the woodlot. Two cords has historically been enough for the normal winter usage with about 1/8-1/4 cord left over. But today will be some yard clean-up, and gathering up tools prior to the expected monsoon.
Wife came home yesterday and had no complaints about the tidiness of the house. I grilled Pork Chops and we split a Sweet Potato for supper. A dish of Strawberries completed the meal.
Out in the train shed yesterday, I was still in the piddling around mode. I made a hedgerow between the Garage and Pizzaland, painted some more colors on some figures and cleaned up a few vehicles. Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but on my recent visit to the dentist, he gave me some expired dental picks to use in the train shed. I am using one right now to paint belts and ties on some figures as appropriate. Not too sure that I want to do eyes, as that would open up a huge can of worms! But I am interested in doing a few beards.
Tom O - I just tip on the whole check amount, tax and all. It's easier than deducting and if I add 20% (upped to the next whole dollar), the server actually gets 22%-23%. More if the service is extra-exceptional.
Happy Birthday today.
Michael - Glad to read that you're feeling better.
David (Marlin) - No real issues with the human verification check box, it's just the first time that I got it.
Kusojiji - Some here on the forum will disagree vehemently with me, but it is much better to displace any snake than to destroy it.
Louis - I am a great fan of Frank Marino and his sometime band Mahogany Rush.
Todd -
Think Willie did 75 yesterday or day before.
Not yet, another 90 days or so.
The late Jerry Lee Lewis was born on this day in 1935. Mark Farner, singer/guitarist/composer for Grand Funk is 78 today. Guitarist Mike Pinera of Blues Image and Iron Butterfly is also 78 today. And local late guitarist for Bloodrock was born near Lubbock in 1946. Bloodrock opened many, many shows in the DFW area in the late 60-s and early 70's.
Everyone have a great Tuesday.