Running Bear's September 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.


Good morning all. Another rainy day, but no winds yet. BP check showed 95/65, very low. If tomorrow reads the same, I'll stop taking the lisinopril and see if it improves. Weight was 59.55.

First cup o' joe going in right now, so hopefully it'll bring the BP up to get rid of the slight headache.

Gas bubble shrinking nicely and will be glad when it is gone as I will be able to sleep on my back once it is gone. Since I have the inflammation issue going, I am not able to wash my face or my hair. I use a hot towel to wipe my face and try to scrub my head with it, rinsing the towel out with hot water several times in the process. Can't stand to have a greasy head anymore. Had too much of that during water hours while on the ship. You'd think that being in the middle of the ocean, that we'd not have water issues, but we have to make fresh water and since I was stationed on Spruance class destroyers, the desalinization system onboard those things were notoriously bad.

Unpacked my suitcase and getting ready to put it back into storage. Wife was relieved that it is going back up in the loft as I think she had a moment when she saw that I had packed it.
 
Well howdy there internet peeps, and those sans facial hair

It's Troy again.

Today was Medical day.

First: the import news.... Lord fuzzbutt can have dry kibbles again. But no crunchy Temptations treats. They're bigger and harder since they're supposed to help with tartar.

Second: My Primary Care doc gave me a clean bill of health, other than the back issues.

Third: the PT ran me through the wringer. I'm doing what I can for the herniated disks without his instruction at the beginning. So it's "Keep doing that" - and now he's concentrating on building my leg strength. I think he's related to Nurse Ratchet. :eek:

He sent me home with a green exercise band to do a lot of the exercises (Clamshells with the band around my knees). The worst one is band around my feet, between the heel and the ball, spread shoulder's width, toes pointed out about 20 degrees. Then step one foot sideways, keeping the same alignment. Bring the other foot back to shoulder's width.

Rinse and repeat for 5 feet of travel, then reverse direction. 2 minutes.

Umhhhmmm.... I have exercise bands at home. So I found a loop from my stash that felt like the same pulling power, and dropped one strength level. That's what I'll use.

I'm not goal oriented, so trying to push through and improve when it #$@%!*# hurts or causes me to fail is how to get me to quit.

So, lower strength band until I feel comfortable, then back up to the next strongest.

In other news, headed over the Wooden Nickel. Local independent music store. They do have used CDs, but cultivate what goes on the shelf.

Here's my haul (or minor purchase). Two used and one new.

Tunes.jpg



Santana is is now. Rush is next up.

And for dinner, wife wanted.... Yep...

Pizza.jpg
 
Oh, and in other news I got another BookBub advertising slot. They curate a list for each of their mass emails, so getting even the "Free Book Deal" instead of the Daily Featured Deal is very helpful.

And... after I paid for the slot on Oct 5, I went and checked my PermaFree title on Amazon. They've been reverting "permaFree" titles to PAID... nothing for sale lower than 99¢.

Yep, they reverted mine.

So now I have to argue with the AI bot to get a human to email the list of comp titles at GooglePlay to say... PRICE MATCH THIS.
 


Good evening folks, it hit only 85 here today and sunny. Overslept, then got us lunch and then went to a new Doctor. our insurance changed on my 65the birthday this month, so I had to get a new Physician. She is very nice and cheerful, very thorough, going over all my medications. and took me off of two of them that cause cross-contamination [?] to see if that will help the way I feel. Got home and discovered I had a much anticipated box waiting for me with the new rulebook for Battletech waiting for me. It's the first one in 19 years, so I have to go through the few changes they have made. I've been playing the game since it came out 40+ years ago, so a diehard.
Baseball? Well I wish my Cards would have broken .500 but they have a bunch of rebuilding yet to do. Think I'm gonna have to cheer for the Brewers in the NL though as I am a Southsider, so a White Sox fan.
You guys have a good evening.
 
Good morning, it's clear and 68.
I got the last installment of the bargain Kato F units in the mail yesterday. All are in good shape, other than one missing a set of steps on the rear corner. I went from having virtually no E or F units to having more than many smaller railroads did in the space of less than a week. I'm not sure how I feel about that, as I started looking simply to find an A-B-A set of SP F7s because the era of the layout meant I needed at least one set.
 
Well done sir, they are essential to any good classic rock collection.

Here is one you probably won't hear on classic rock radio, at least i haven't.
It's from the Album/CD Juggernaut I think it would be good to add to your collection. And one more from that same Album.
I had to unlike and then relike since you added the songs to the post... haha
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top