Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, glad to see you finally got "professional" help. It wont be money wasted!!:D

Bill! Long time no see! Glad to see ya back! I'm with Mikey on this one, where are the waitresses?

Larry, wanna come redo our kitchen??;)
 
No thanks Karl this is my last major redo or major job of any source. It is really starting to wear me down. I have done nothing the last two afternoons and evenings. Mon and Tues till 9:30 PM was tooo darn much for this old body to recover from quickly. The material for the counter tops arrives tomorrow and the counter top guy is coming over tho take a look see and maybe even make the templates. I explained a couple of minor problems in an e-mail and he wants to see what can be done before I mount the last two base cabinets. We ordered another cabinet yesterday so thje two mismeasured cabinets will be put to good use and the closet in the utility room is no more replace by said cabinets. So we have spent another $1,100 for cabinets that we had no idea we needed LOL LOL LOL
 


My BIL is going through the same thing and what started out being a 50/50 a couple of months ago has turned out to her lawyering-up, her not wanting to work anymore = support, and him paying all the bills including the mortgage on the house she will live in.

Hey Rex,

Gee... that's what I always thought men were supposed to do. :confused:

When is comes to relationships...

...the fish always matches the bait. ;)

Greg
 
What a day

I overslept and wokeup at 530. Then went to practice at 730, It was a relativley easy one, and we did alot of tackling. I got my upper arm sandwitched in between to people, its alittle sore, but will be all good for tommorow. Practice ran late so i had to ride home fast. I get home, shower and as soon as i step out of the shower, the dogs start going nuts. My grandfather is here to drive me down to work with the Fire Dept, half an hour before he said id pick him up, and 2 1/2 hours before my shift started :rolleyes: Anyways, get to the booth and start early. Everythings good there until i have to switch out the soda syrup cases. They probably weigh 30lbs. I went to pick one off the shelf and the plastic handle broke, pinning my fingers between the crate being effected by gravity and the metal rack it sits on. One hard yank and a couple tender fingers later and everything was all set to go. :rolleyes: Its 730 and im beat tired. Im almost 15, i should be sleeping in til 10-11 and stay up til 2-3am, im struggling to keep my eyes open! Tommorow will be almost the same thing. Saturday is game day and sunday afternoon is great grandmas memorial service. Im scheduled to work with the dept 6-10 that night, and have to go work at the restuarant by Sunday morning. Talk about stretched thin :mad:

Thanks for the sympathy, but to be honest, i never really knew her, I used to spend a lot of time with her, but when we moved to the next town over we pretty much stopped seeing her. When i spent time with her, it was from birth- 5yrs old, i dont remember much. I remember some matchbox cars i got from her for easter one year, and some time at her house, thats about it. We were going to stop in, but you know how every family has that one total wackjob in it? Well ours moved in with her and unfortunately kept most of the family away with him... :( One thing thats really weird, 2 weeks before this whole mess happened we drove past her house 2 days in a row, both times we were going to stop in to say hello but didnt, it was either to late or that above mentioned family member was there. We shouldve stopped.
 
Good evening everyone.

Matt, sorry to hear of your loss.

Chris, I'm glad to hear you aren't waiting around to be bent over by her lawyer. Better to make her feel the pain instead.

My wife is home after having surgery to repair some of her innards. I guess it was quite the surgery based on the size of her incision. She is resting well at her Mother's house until I get home from work. After one night trying to sleep in the hospital she will sleep like a baby tonight. Well, that and the percocet!;)

I managed to ballast the section of track behind my hill. It was difficult to reach over the trees while getting the ballast just so. I also had two turnouts that I was trying to not foul. I opted for Arizona Mineral ballast which is actual rock instead of crushed walnut shells. They had the 'pink lady' that CNW used around here. I didn't know how much to buy at first. Well, lets just say that I will be placing an order soon! It looks pretty nice having the ballast laid. It certainly looks more like an actual railroad and less like a model. I'm tempted to ballast the whole thing now that I'm on a roll. We'll see how much assistance my wife needs in the next few weeks. I may have plenty of time since I don't think she will be leaving the house much.

I guess I had better finish up here at work.
I hope everyone is doing well. Have a good night.
 
Hey Rex,

Gee... that's what I always thought men were supposed to do. :confused:

When is comes to relationships...

...the fish always matches the bait. ;)

Greg
His wife used to work, but decided to quit a year ago and continue to hide unpaid bills. Now she still sits on her butt wanting support and him continue to pay all bills. The BIL's greatest hurdle will be on their 12 acres of land. It is in both names, but it was her family's land before they bought it. All he wanted was where his work shop is located, about 1 acre. He is willing to let her have the house and rest of the land, but is not willing to pay the mortgage or 100% of the bills...she wants it all!
As you can figure, I'm standing far back from all of this crap ;):D.
 
Chris: Good move, my man!;) As Karl said, it will save you big in the long run.

Karl: I don't believe that the trip to your basement will be necessary. The weather has finally got tolerable enough for us until Fall. Can you believe that we think it is already like fall weather with temps still in the low 90's? Yeah, but very low humidity!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
His wife used to work, but decided to quit a year ago and continue to hide unpaid bills. Now she still sits on her butt wanting support and him continue to pay all bills. The BIL's greatest hurdle will be on their 12 acres of land. It is in both names, but it was her family's land before they bought it. All he wanted was where his work shop is located, about 1 acre. He is willing to let her have the house and rest of the land, but is not willing to pay the mortgage or 100% of the bills...she wants it all!
As you can figure, I'm standing far back from all of this crap ;):D.

Outside the boundaries of propriety...

...everyone becomes fair game. ;)
 
08/27/2010

Diner.png


groupofwaitresses.png


anim_coffee.png


anim_snoopy.png


1.png
 


Good morning folks

It was 65 F and felt chilly this morning. I guess I’ve gotten used to the 90 plus temperatures more than I thought. High will be 82 F.

My daughter’s volleyball scrimmage against Notre Dame Academy had good and bad in it. The Varsity team is a trainwreck. They lost all three games and did not score 10 points in any of them. The JV team, my daughter’s, also lost 25-22, and 25-21. However the starting line-up and the group of girls on the court 90% of the time were all freshman. ND’s JV was made up of sophomore, juniors, and seniors. It looks like the JV team could have a very good season as these girls mature. My daughter played the entire game. She had a few kills, and some great saves. Next Tuesday is their next scrimmage and then next Friday it begins for real.

I did not get downstairs to the trains last night.

This weekend my son and I hope to work on the fence and the layout. Other than that I am not sure what is happening.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Bill- So good to see you back. VERY nice assortment of waitresses!

Chris-They do not call lawyers "bloodsuckers" for nothing. They charge dearly!
Think of it as a life saving operation to save your sanity.

My daughter is 30 days into a divorce. Her husband decided he didn't want to be married any more after 15 years. He is going to pay child support and split the expenses, but there are several things her teachers salary will not cover. We will have to help her and my grandson make the transition to another way of life.

It is nothing like what you are going through, but it is hard on the whole family.
 
Good afternoon. It's 89 and sunny. The high will be 94 an dit will be mostly sunny.

Well I looked at the ignition lock in the old steering column from the van and there doesn't appear to be any easy way of changing them out so I'm just going to have to live with using separate keys for the ignition and door locks. No big deal there. Yesterday I looked at the hitching point on the tractor. For a while now we've been using a large steel bolt that's just dropped into the hole to connect a trailer or another piece of machinery such as our large air compressor, arc welder generator or oxy/acetylene rig. The problem is the threads are damaging the hitching point. So this morning I got a proper hitching pin for it. I'll install it the next time I go down to mow the yard. On the transportation front, my Century is dead. There's too much that it needs fixed that it's not worth it. So after I strip it for whatever I can use it's next stop is the scrap yard. I've had several offers from people who want to buy it for their own use but the electrical system is good for starting fires and the body is breaking apart and I'm not going to be responsible for selling somebody a death trap. The van is almost ready to go. I just have to put in new head lights, correct a fault in the tail light wiring and get it registered and inspected. That would make my father happy. He'd like to have his truck back. At the same time he realizes I can't leave my own yard without it, so he knows where it is if he needs it. If it was my nephew wanting to use it he'd tell him where to go and how to get there in the fastest most expedient way possible. I can't fault him for that. My nephew doesn't take care of anything that's not his.

P1011348.jpg
 
Bill- So good to see you back. VERY nice assortment of waitresses!

Chris-They do not call lawyers "bloodsuckers" for nothing. They charge dearly!
Think of it as a life saving operation to save your sanity.

My daughter is 30 days into a divorce. Her husband decided he didn't want to be married any more after 15 years. He is going to pay child support and split the expenses, but there are several things her teachers salary will not cover. We will have to help her and my grandson make the transition to another way of life.

It is nothing like what you are going through, but it is hard on the whole family.

Mikey,
Have your daughter read this might make her feel good to know some one is always worst off than you!

Give my heart felt appoligies to your daughter:(! I just got a letter from DCF Support enforcement department, About Support payment! In your daugthers case He LEFT for no good reason like my wife and THEN He should Pay! But in My case She leaves for no good reason AND I PAY! What the hell? I did nothing wrong but be a good husband! Your daughter and my wife are lucky they got their parient's for back up just in case, I got no ONE!

My wifes decision has effected so many here in a negitive way, that I fear for the reprecusions this will bring on her from the good Lord above!:(

I got $650 a month morgage, and $400 dollar running cost on the house. I got $1075 on unemployment. I still Have to feed myself and Maintain what I got on what I make from the grass cutting. I got 9 more weeks of mowing left and it will be done for the season! The attorny cost will suck up any Money made during the last 9 weeks. Now I need a $9.00 night shift job to take kare of the house/$1075 and Now I will need a $9.00 hr day job to cover what ever the Child support could be plus feed myself. My child support can be as high as $900 for my son!:eek: But let's see if this blood sucking attorny can do anything?

Either way, My operating cost for my business is gone for next season! Also my winter over money! I've yet to get one call for an interview and I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't get working soon? This SUX's!

Any way's have your daughter read this, She will quickly count her blessings!

I'll Pray for your family too, Some good should come out of this some where?


Chris
 
Hi BILL! DANG good decorations for the coffee shop. :D

Chris: just turn that letter over to your lawyer and let him deal with it. you may be surprised at what you do and do not have to do.;):)
 
Trippletts!!

Today we welcomed a new arrival to the family!:D

Actually 3 of them.


3 Atlas Gold Series SD-24's in Maryland Midland (ex BN) green. All 3 new arrivals, and Mother is doing very well, considering she saw the receipt!
Thier arrival was concieved last October, and just like any babies, it took a little over 9 months since I put the order in, before I saw the end result.

Now as soon as I can find my tools ( I know they are here somewhere, were still putting the new house in order) I can attach the myriad of detail parts they came with, and soon put them through thier paces.!!:D

tripletts.jpg
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top