Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 75 and cloudy. The high will be 94 and there's a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

The plan for this morning is to remove the 2 way police radio, light bar switch box, police air horn module and in-dash stereo from the Century. If I'm feeling strong enough I might even take the light bar off the roof. This afternoon I may get some layout work done. There's a load of wires that need to moved or rerun through different areas. Yesterday I ran my two SDP40F's over part of the new track. No problems were evident. I also ran the two GP7's over the new track with no problems.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011216-1.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 71 F when I headed out this morning. Our high will be 96 F with another Air Quality Alert.

Not much happening last night. When are still trying to get adjusted to the kids being back to school and this year going to two different schools each with their own starting and ending time. Throw volleyball practice into the mix and it is even more confusing. Then there is the annual filling out of all the emergency cards, trip permission forms, student information form, etc.

My son had his talk with the Mayor yesterday. They spoke about the township’s response to the recent windstorm that did a lot of damage in June. They also talked about the township’s emergency plans and what they would do different. This was the last thing he needed to do for his Citizen in the Community Merit Badge. At his first day of school he found out the football coach is his Homebase assistant teacher. Of course the coach had to make sure that my son is coming out for football.

I didn’t get a chance to get downstairs and even look at the trains.

Today is going to be long. My daughter’s volleyball team has a mini-tournament this afternoon. They are one of four teams participating. It only counts as a scrimmage but it should be a good test for them.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
08/31/2010

THECOFFEESHOP.png


Potofcoffeepouring.png


waitress.png


anim_coffee.png


anim_snoopy.png


1.png
 


Good morning. It's 75 and cloudy. The high will be 93 and there's a 40% chance of thunderstorms.

This morning I'll be removing more stuff from the Century. This includes the mounting plate for the overhead speaker, the in-dash stereo, and anything else I can find. Last to go will be the battery. It's a side post type but can easily be adapted to work with the top post clamps in the van.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011285.jpg
 
Sorry all for being away again. My Mother has been very ill for several years with Alzheimers and Dementia. I have been with my daughter this past week at my Mother's side as she slowly slipped away to a better place of peace and love. She passed this morning at 2am. We were at her side when she she left us. If you have an Alzheimers victim in your family, or know somebody that does, please let them know that there is a support group nearby that can help them understand the various stages of this disease.
 
Sorry to hear about your mother Dana. My dad has Dementia so I know what that part of the process is like. My dad will be 92 in Sept. and is in a nursing home sharing a room with my mom. They are happy just to be together and if they are happy then my 5 brothers and I are happy.
 
Last edited:
Dana- I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother.
When our loved ones lose quality of life, it is difficult for all involved.
Please accept our deepest sympathies.
 


Good morning. Bill, it's good to see you conned, er, talked, the ladies into returning to help Flo.
Dana, you have my sympathies.
It's partly cloudy here, and 70. High is supposed to be around 90, with a chance of a hurricane later in the week. The media is really playing it up, trying to whip the public into a panic so they can report about it. So far, it doesn't seem to be working. We're 200 miles from the coast, and any hurricane that makes it this far will only be a lot of rain and some wind. If it's more than that, I'll worry about it when I see a palm tree fly by. We're still planning on going camping this weekend in the mountains, along with a few thousand of our new closest friends.
 
Dana, I'm sorry too! My wife seems to have Alzheimers and Dementia! My dad too had Alzheimers and it can cripple a family sometimes! Prayers goes out to you friend!



"As Chris' World Turns!"
Some how she got her hands on the Nuke button! She plans on using using it to kill/financly destroy me if she doesn't get what she want's and if she does use the nuke she will die in the explosion too! My Lawer said not much we can do? We have will try to minimize the damage as much as possible.....

Either way My son and I are getting more and more hurt by this and not much that we can do at this time. in the mean time My son Hates his grand pa and his Mom and is forced to live with them......just wait and see...Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick........where the hell is jack bower?
 
Good morning folks

It was 77 F as I rolled onto the roadways this morning. Our high will be 97 F.

It was a crazy night. My daughter had a scrimmage at Academy Park High School last evening. The scrimmage involved three other schools. Each school’s JV and Varsity squads played each other in 30 minute timed matches. My daughter had a good night. She was playing a position she never played before called the libero. The libero is the player that wears the different color jersey and is usually the team’s best passer. She only plays back row and can substitute for any player. She substituted for two players so she pretty much played the entire matches. Playing club ball and tournaments over the winter helped her. In the last match my daughter and one other girl who was on her club team were the only two girls still going strong as the other girls were drained. In the tournaments we could play anywhere from 6 to 12 games over an eight hour period.

No trains last night. Got home too late and too tired.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning folks.

Dana, sorry to hear of your loss. It's always difficult, even if they're in a better place.

Chris, I'm assuming the nuclear button is bringing up your unreported income. That will hose you for child support, unemployment, and tax reasons. If that's not the button, you had better hope she doesn't find that one too!:eek:

I spent part of the day playing with trains yesterday. Now that I've been through almost 200 trees, I really could use another box! I think I may need to wait this time though. The boss has been quite lenient so far with the funding. I don't want to push it.

Through all of this scenery work I managed to make part of my layout not work. It's the back loop that goes through the edge of town. Since I use dc, I only have a few feeders to key places with all rail joiners soldered. Something tells me that I either have a short, or some of my soldering was sub par. There has been quite a bit of water and glue around this track recently. I think I'll start by resoldering a few of the joints to see if that helps. Then I'll start dropping wires for more evenly distributed power. I guess this is better to have happened before I ballasted this part of the layout. Will see if my problem solving skills are any good.

I have an easy day at work and hopefully more work on the layout tonight. I've done more on this thing in the past month than I did in the a few months last year. I guess summer time is modeling time for me.

Have a great day everyone.
 
Good morning. It's 73 and mostly sunny. The high will be 92 and there's a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Today I'll be removing whatever else that's mine from the Century. I have some fire fighters gear in the trunk that needs to come out as well as some stuff in the back seat. Other than that I'll just be out paying bills today.

P1011219.jpg
 
Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. They are truly appreciated.

For those of you along the East Coast...time to go grab storm supplies..like Beer, water, beer, canned goods, beer, batteries, beer, candles, beer, blankets, and did I mention beer?:D
 
I got the van insured and registered this morning. Still have to get the fuel line connected permanently, get new headlights and get it inspected.
 
Jeffery- I hope things go well with the inspection.
Some inspectors have a Nepoleon complex, and think they are democrats who have to save the country from the people.
OOPs! Sorry, no political abrasion meant.
 


Jeffery- I hope things go well with the inspection.
Some inspectors have a Nepoleon complex, and think they are democrats who have to save the country from the people.
OOPs! Sorry, no political abrasion meant.
I don't think there will be any problem there. In this area they just check tires, lights, horn and windshield wipers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top