Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Well funny you mentioned it!

Another as, "Chris' world turns!"

I made a boo-boo this evening! I went to my wife's house to return Ryans Phone to him. when I arrived, she was on the phone to her mom! I didnt put one+one together, and like a fool tried to talk to her. Right when I think, I was getting through to her her father petales up on his bicycle and Yells at me. In short, "get out of here your nothing but touble and threaten to kill me cause I called him a mean sorry SOB! When I got to talk to my wife I seen where all this stuff is comming from............. HIM, She is a puppet on his string.

My son was dragged in to this ugly argument. 4 hours later, Now they are willing to give custody to me 5 days a week so he can return to his old school! I told them only if they get court ordered document stating such with her and my FIL signiture's on them!I'm NOT taking any chances, He did threaten to kill me for calling him a SOB! Better safe than sorry! well got to go things to type!

Chris, didja get that lawyer yet??? :confused:
 
Thank you William for your condolences. That was a very kind thing to say and I passed it on to Carolyn.:)

Chris: I hate to write this, but you are sticking it up yourself by not getting legal help. You can afford a lawyer to get you started by setting up a payment plan with him. Besides, most won't charge for a first consultation and those that do won't charge much for this sort of action. Listen to all these guys: sooner than later, it will get nasty and you could easily end-up with nothing.;):)

STILL DANGED HOT DOWN HERE!:mad:
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good morning folks

It was 72 F as I rolled out of the driveway this morning. Our high will be only 78 F. I am not sure I will know how to react to it not being in the nineties.

We spent a good portion of the weekend shopping. We had grocery shopping, Back to School, fence, and bedroom stuff. The fence shopping was for a new picket fence for around the fish pond area. My son is redoing the fence as part of his Family Life Merit Badge. Speaking of merit badges he also had his Personal Fitness progress check. One more and he is done except for a final sit down with the Merit Badge Counselor.

He and I worked on cleaning up the layout. He got things running again during the week. We are hoping to take a few more test photos this week with the Canon Rebel.

My daughter got her uniform for volleyball on Friday. She gets her first chance to wear it on Thursday as they have a scrimmage. The rest of the week is practices for her.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning. It's 75 and partly cloudy. The high will be 100 with a heat index of 107. There's a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

I got an automated call from UPS yesterday telling me that there's a C.O.D. package coming in today. I got some more work done of the layout. Spreading the joint compound can be messy but it's fairly easy. There's more layout work on the schedule for today.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011323.jpg
 
Well funny you mentioned it!

Another as, "Chris' world turns!"

I made a boo-boo this evening! I went to my wife's house to return Ryans Phone to him. when I arrived, she was on the phone to her mom! I didnt put one+one together, and like a fool tried to talk to her. Right when I think, I was getting through to her her father petales up on his bicycle and Yells at me. In short, "get out of here your nothing but touble and threaten to kill me cause I called him a mean sorry SOB! When I got to talk to my wife I seen where all this stuff is comming from............. HIM, She is a puppet on his string.

My son was dragged in to this ugly argument. 4 hours later, Now they are willing to give custody to me 5 days a week so he can return to his old school! I told them only if they get court ordered document stating such with her and my FIL signiture's on them!I'm NOT taking any chances, He did threaten to kill me for calling him a SOB! Better safe than sorry! well got to go things to type!

Chris: I know you can't really afford an attorney at the moment, but there are a couple of things you really need to look in to. Your first major concern and priority is Ryan...and from what you have been telling us, by staying with his mother, he's being subjected to a very abusive and hostile enviroment. Neither one of you needs this. You need to go down to the County Court House and file for an Order of Protection for you and your son. My GF has just gone thru a similar situation, and it shouldn"t cost anything but a little time on your part. And when the child is involved, they should walk you right thru it.
First of all, the wife left you..that's abandonment. Second, the FIL threatened you with severe bodily harm, and the wife is living with him. Therefore, you do not want Ryan subjected to anymore mental, or possible physical abuse. And Ryan is old enough to be able to voice his feelings to the court. When the GF went for her Order, this is what happened. First, they gave her Soul Custody of her son, as he was still a minor at the time. They also gave her the house, because that was where the Minor was Domiciled and needed to remain in his school district. The Ex had to move out. The Ex could and can not come within 1000 yds of either of them, or he's going to jail. It can also be stipulated that she CANNOT alter or change bank accounts, insurance policies, or enter into any other financial transactions until the divorce is final. You can also stipulate a NO Contact policy if you feel that it would be detrimental to Ryan's mental health. Shje got this done in about 2 hrs, and it didn't cost her a dime. If the wife or in-laws brteak any part of the order, they will be subjected to jail time.
Also, the Family Court may be able to help you find a reasonable attorney that would be willing to work with you and your financial situation. There is help out there, so just ask. But go to the County Office, and go for the Order. You've got to tell yourself.."Enough is Enough!!" The FIL drew the line in the sand...now it's time for you to step across and draw your own. If not for you,,than for Ryan. We're all here for you my friend...
 
Chris: I know you can't really afford an attorney at the moment, but there are a couple of things you really need to look in to. Your first major concern and priority is Ryan...and from what you have been telling us, by staying with his mother, he's being subjected to a very abusive and hostile enviroment. Neither one of you needs this. You need to go down to the County Court House and file for an Order of Protection for you and your son. My GF has just gone thru a similar situation, and it shouldn"t cost anything but a little time on your part. And when the child is involved, they should walk you right thru it.
First of all, the wife left you..that's abandonment. Second, the FIL threatened you with severe bodily harm, and the wife is living with him. Therefore, you do not want Ryan subjected to anymore mental, or possible physical abuse. And Ryan is old enough to be able to voice his feelings to the court. When the GF went for her Order, this is what happened. First, they gave her Soul Custody of her son, as he was still a minor at the time. They also gave her the house, because that was where the Minor was Domiciled and needed to remain in his school district. The Ex had to move out. The Ex could and can not come within 1000 yds of either of them, or he's going to jail. It can also be stipulated that she CANNOT alter or change bank accounts, insurance policies, or enter into any other financial transactions until the divorce is final. You can also stipulate a NO Contact policy if you feel that it would be detrimental to Ryan's mental health. Shje got this done in about 2 hrs, and it didn't cost her a dime. If the wife or in-laws brteak any part of the order, they will be subjected to jail time.
Also, the Family Court may be able to help you find a reasonable attorney that would be willing to work with you and your financial situation. There is help out there, so just ask. But go to the County Office, and go for the Order. You've got to tell yourself.."Enough is Enough!!" The FIL drew the line in the sand...now it's time for you to step across and draw your own. If not for you,,than for Ryan. We're all here for you my friend...

I'll look into it!
 
Just a quick flyby update, Great grandma has had everything supporting her pulled, shes under morphine, but for now shes still alive. Time will tell and ill keep you posted. More good news, i got my well cars in the mail today, and i kicked arse at practice today. I hit one poor kid alittle to hard and flipped him over :) I also was playing outside linebacker and tackled the Tight end and Running back at the same time. Profile tackle on the backer and one armed the running back. Thats what its all about :D Practice ended 3 hrs ago and im still pumped up about it.
 
The steering column for my van came in by UPS today. My nephew says he'll be on hand to help change it out tomorrow. If he shows up I'll pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.
 
Well, I've had an interesting couple of days. Kinda stretched a muscle in my back that started protesting, and then my BP started doing strange things, like drop to really low levels. Didn't present a problem unless I stood too fast, then I got a little dizzy. Called the MD and she said, don't take your BP meds, drink a lot of water and caffeine, and of course, monitor the BP.

Well yesterday afternoon after doing all that stuff my BP was actually a little elevated and I decided I wanted to go to the store. Drove there, no problem, got out and locked the car, no problem, walked into the store, no problem. Next thing I know, there are about 10 paramedics, ambulance drivers, and firemen around me. The store owner said I said hello and hit the floor.

Well now I got a bruised hip, two hyper extended fingers, and a broken rib.
The DR had a fit that I was driving, (she didn't say I couldn't), my wife took my keys and it hurts to even barely breathe. Now I get to also worry about getting pneumonia from not moving enough air, coughing, BP.....:(
Ain't life grand???;)
 


Well, I've had an interesting couple of days. Kinda stretched a muscle in my back that started protesting, and then my BP started doing strange things, like drop to really low levels. Didn't present a problem unless I stood too fast, then I got a little dizzy. Called the MD and she said, don't take your BP meds, drink a lot of water and caffeine, and of course, monitor the BP.
That low blood pressure reminds me of what I used to go through when I was young. I lived with low blood pressure pretty much all through my first 20 something years then around 25-26 it went through the roof, around the 150 over 95 range. After a few months it settled down in the 140 over 85 range. Now I use meds to keep it in the 110 over 70 range.
 
That low blood pressure reminds me of what I used to go through when I was young. I lived with low blood pressure pretty much all through my first 20 something years then around 25-26 it went through the roof, around the 150 over 95 range. After a few months it settled down in the 140 over 85 range. Now I use meds to keep it in the 110 over 70 range.

I'm on Metropolol and Coversyl -- both of which do good for my BP. I'm always around 110/70 anymore. I'm going to see an ICD specialist next month for an assessment of my hear condition. I'm getting a defib put in sometime in October--

Today's agenda will feature me going to Eric's house and working on his layout--while running some trains on it--heeheehee:D:D

Have a good one---
 
Jeepers CJ !! Take care of yourself! Stop this foolishness!!

Scolding over.............. :-)


Oh, By the way.......it was 64 degrees last night, slept with the windows open!! Daytime high todaywill be 72. More of the same tomorrow, but daytime highs will be slowly creeping back to the low 80's by the weekend.

Any you Bama guys wanna come north??
 
I'm on Metropolol and Coversyl -- both of which do good for my BP. I'm always around 110/70 anymore. I'm going to see an ICD specialist next month for an assessment of my hear condition. I'm getting a defib put in sometime in October--
Metoprolol is one of the blood pressure meds they have me on. The other is Fosinopril. They put me on that one shortly after I experienced a mild heart problem some years ago.
 
Good morning. It's 83 and sunny. The high will be 96 and it will be partly cloudy.

I got a little more joint compound spread on the layout extension and the front edge of the main part of the layout yesterday before emptying the first gallon gallon bucket of compound. Later today I'll likely get started on the second bucket. This will be used to secure the track on the rest of the layout as well as build up low spots under the track. It will also make for a less steep embankment from tie level than the built-on roadbed of the EZ-Track provides. Also today we'll see if the impossible occurs. Namely that will be if my nephew shows up to help change out the steering column in the van.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011328.jpg
 
Well I'll be darned! I just seen a pig fly! My nephew showed up like he said he would and we got the column changed out. It had a couple more wires than the old one though. The van the new one came out of had cruise control and mine doesn't. So that explained the extra wires. They're just tied up out of the way for now. Except for that it was a perfect fit.
 
CJ- Easy bud! Thank your lucky stars that happened in the store where people were around and not a few minutes before when you were cruising down the road, we might have had a coffee shop funeral :eek:

Jeff- Good to know one obstacle is out of the way!

I guess were going to dinner tonight, i havent heard anything else about great grandma, one thing parents, keep your kids in the loop! :rolleyes::D

Are there any stores like lowes or home depot that sell styrene sheets? Generally speaking, whats the best thickness, i just need to shim something but i have a bunch of other uses for it as well.
 


Dang Carey, that's scary and a good thing it didn't happen while driving!:eek: GOOD move on Pam's part; that's the only way to keep you locked down;):).

Karl: I have my bags packed, just clear out a corner in that basement. I was going to have CJ fly me up there in his Gulfstream, but we would probably end up in the woods, north of Barry's place. Guess I will stick out a thumb along the NS mainline.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top