ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Rex tornado debris, even 1/4" stones become lethal when they travel at 300ft+ per second, a 4" by 2" end on will penetrate a two course brick wall without even slowing down at the same speed, in an F4 or F5 unless your underground your in deep trouble as you know, LOL it is scary as heck to think what all that door glass would do if it hit you, you would be chips for sure.
Last night I decided that it was time to put a decoder in the new AC4400. It runs so quiet on DC that it should just whisper on DCC right? WRONG!! I installed the decoder, placed it on the track and gave it power. I've heard electric can openers that are quieter. I worked on it for a couple of hours to see if I could get it to run quiet, but to no avail. At about 10:00 pm I removed the decoder and rewired the unit for regular DC. I was thinking that maybe it's the decoder that's causing the noise, so I installed it in my Proto 2000 PA1. Expecting to hear a high speed can opener I applied the power and to my surprise the PA eased forward and trundled down the main line with nary a sound. Seems to me that the quiet motors of the RTR Athearn units aren't all they're cracked up to be. I know I won't be buying another one real soon. It's funny. I put a decoder in a cheap BB and it runs without a sound. I put one in an expensive RTR and the neighbors can hear it. Go figure.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/3/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Wind Chill: 34°F Humidity: 81% Dew Point: 32°F
So Far Today High: 51°F Low: 38°F Rain: 0.00" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 6mph NE
High: 64 °F
Low: 30 °F
Today High: 65Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Low: 30Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. North winds around 10 mph.
Hi All ! Happy Saturday also , Hope everyone is doing well, Crazy weather were having isn't it ? Were going down into the teens again with snow .Like a YoYo . I feel sorry for the midwest portion of our country , With the cold air coming out of the North and the warm air coing out of the South it is just trouble waiting to happen . I fear more tornadoes will wreck havoc down there . Well hope everyone has a real nice day !
Howdy everybody! I just walked in the door from recording an All County Festival (six different schools sending kids - the eastern half of our County Music Association) held at one of the smaller schools in our area. Always a fun day as I run into several people that I worked with over the years that I don't see often. Old Home day, so to speak. A couple teenagers that came to the concert to hear their younger brothers and sisters were kids that I know from camp and Church and were over to check out the equipment as soon as they saw me. Still feels good to have young people look up to you and enjoy your company! As soon as I haul everything back into the house, I will take a break and do some "yard" work down cellar.
Steve B: It is 15 min past midnight and here you can watch it too very clearly!! Here the moon is totaly in the shadow of our earth... Man that looks strange..
Just a quick visit. The 'puter is still down. I'm using a work one today. The porblem is hardware and I'll enventually take the time to look at it and fix it but I need a "roundtuit"...
Hope you are all going fine especially our freinds in the southern states that were hit by nasty wheather.
Afternoon,
i just bought a new car for myself , i needed one that was more gasoline friendly and i found this little suzuki Jimny 4x4, it's six years old but only has 42,000 miles on the clock with full dealer service history, it's cost me £2999 which is about £800 less than what it's worth. I can't pick it up till Friday,
weather here has gone from blue sky's to strong wind and driving rain so no gardening
Just looked at the steam excursions for the next month or two,,, we have one due every saturday for the next three week's , life is tough, all that steam in THREE WEEKS
A night on the medical assesment ward:
The wife had to get the fire department out , a guy set his bed on fire, then later on he took a hostage and threatened to blow up the hospital with his saline drip,,, he booby trapped his room at the hospital by tying the tube from his drip across the room as a trip wire, the final straw came as he tried to jump out the window, Mmm strange, very strange. a call to the police was made and he was quickly taken away, and were was hospital security,,,,, standing at a safe distance as they are NOT allowed to restrain a patient in case they get sued,
Hi All ! Raythose all counties are lots of fun all three of my children performed at all counties singing and playing instruments . Lots of fine memories and still watch the tapes from them. Steve maybe that eclipse caused tje guy to go looney . Well could'nt see it here either we had cloud cover. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of this weekend !
Hi Gang: I have all the track sections done except 2. I'll get those welded up tomorrow and then make the rail joiners. Talk about scratch building. I even have to do the rail joiners.
Son John had a work day out at his place where he's building his railroad. We got one of two road crossings pored. He's doing them in concrete. We'll do the other one in 2 weeks after the show at Clark Gardens.
Right now I've got to get to bed. I'm pooped. I'll be glade when the show is done and I can relax a bit.
Good Night All