Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! 2 degrees? YIKES! Man that is cold.
Just wanted to get a quick cup of Joe and head to the barber shop. The boss lady already gave me a strong warning ticket and now threatens jail.

Later gang.:)
 
Good evening ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


03-06-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good evening all you good folks out there in Model Railroad land!

I have been preparing my State Sales Tax form for my business and doing the pre paperwork for income taxes today (that involves putting everything into piles and then entering all the data from each pile into a speadsheet to give me totals to tell Uncle Sam). Doesn't that just sound like a lot of fun? Finally went outside this afternoon and ran the snowblower for a while and did a little shopping to get rid of the boredom.:rolleyes:

This evening I took the pile of "other" receipts that I had and separated out the ones that were for model railroading in some manner. Good thing I was sitting down at the computer. I spent $6273.69 as close as I can determine. And that is only for the stuff I kept receipts for. Luckily about $4000 of that was for the room that I expanded the layout into so I guess it isn't too bad and hey, it's only money. Right?
 


Ok, here's the new plan:D We've found a brand new home in Rolleston (about 10mins from here, where the main sth line meets the Midland line:D )

It's not quite ready to move into but we can decide on colours etc.

4 bedroom, ensuite, large lounge, open-plan living dining kitchen, two car garage.

1st pic yesterday lunchtime

2nd tonight!!

3rd train room 3metre x 3metre plus 600mm deep x 2400mm long wardrobe (closet)

4th view from lounge french doors.

So what ya'll reckon all this for under $400K

Ken.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all!

It is still spring outside since 12 december 2006...

KenNZRMac: THATS great news to hear/read!! a brand new HOME!!
Hope you can move soon, at least winterweather cannot disturb the workprogress on the brand new house he he lol
so if they work like: the "extreme makeover" housebuildingteam on tele it will be finished in 4 days from now .....=))

Jos
 
It's a little on the cool side this morning but it'll warm up later.

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
High: 43°F
Low: 39°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have pancakes today.

pancakes.jpg
 


Mornin' Bill!

Hi Guys! Ken, that is great news and it looks like a good investment. I see they don't put basements under them things down there...???

It is pleasant 13°F here in the Finger Lakes this morning. May get up to 21°F later today. Certainly a bit nicer than on the top of Mount Washington where it is 37°F below 0 with 100 mile per hour winds and a wind chill of -100°F. There is a video on Weather.com of them turning boiling water into snow... http://www.weather.com/multimedia/v...41&collection=videocoll26&from=wxcenter_video
 
3rd train room 3metre x 3metre plus 600mm deep x 2400mm long wardrobe (closet)

Jos, Sharpen that pencil.

Morning folks. I worked late last night getting a draft of my track plan done. The coffee sure smells good in here.

IF you want to check it out it is in the "Calling out Jos post." I'm really not as happy with it as I like. The lift-out is critical for making it work and it blocks me from running back and forth to staging in the other room.

No one said it would be easy.
 
Thanks guys we reckon it's for us. A little bit of country with the shops 1.5kms away.

Jos not quite that quick should be ready end of May.

Thanks KenL, Josh.
Ray
Canterbury is built on old river beds mostly so not much below ground except the purest water in the world!!

Steve Thats basically it just a traditional roof line tho.

it finished to the painted, carpet lockup stage, grassed outside. We do curtains and I'll do appliances to make it cheaper:D

Exciting huh!!
 
Ken,

Looks like you should start digging that basement. Too bad they poured cement on top of it. It's going to make it a wee bit tougher.
 
Ken,

Looks like you should start digging that basement. Too bad they poured cement on top of it. It's going to make it a wee bit tougher.

Do you think the builders would notice?? I could cover the hole with carpet and a table like on Prison Break.;)
 
Hi All 1 It's 18 outside but sunny I'm chilled to the bone gotta have some more coffee. Ken congratulations on finding a new home. A big load off the chest and mind! Chip will have to check out you new design. I'm going to put together a New Athearn Loco myself will post after ! Everyone have a real nice day !
 
Evening gang,

That "winter storm" threat that led several Maryland counties to close their school systems today, turned out to be mostly talk and very little action. OK by me though...

NZKen - that's a fine-looking house indeed!

Buffalo Paul - Wer'e not quite that cold down here. BTW what type/model of Athearn loco you assembling?

Chip - check my comments in your "Calling Jos" thread...
 
Good night all,

I could cover the hole with carpet and a table like on Prison Break.

KenNZ Did you have saved the tatoo on your body too?? otherwise you won't find the way to your MRR room!! lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top