Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening gents!

Been a real rollercoaster of a weekend for me. Lots of good and bad mixed in.

Good news: Finally got my taxes done.
Bad news: Refund was alot smaller this year because Sarah is now over 17.
Good news: 'Grandad' will cover shortfall on Sarah's college tuition *whew*
Bad news: Gas prices are spiralling up once again:mad:
Good news: Finally installed - and learned to use - XtrkCAD this weekend!:cool: Much easier than I ever would have thought. Used an extension on Rex's layout for practice.

Goodnite
 
Good news: Finally installed - and learned to use - XtrkCAD this weekend!:cool: Much easier than I ever would have thought. Used an extension on Rex's layout for practice.

That sounds like a winner! I have started a thread on the relocation and rework of the steel mill, guys. Ken has offered his steel mill modeling expertise (thank God, since I have none:confused: ) and Hope you will follow along with the progress. Comments, suggestions, even growling is welcomed:D .
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43398#post43398
 
Good Monday Morning Everybody!!! Well another work week started, already starting it off right with a hot cup of coffee. Have a good one everyone.
Nick
 


morning all 59 degrees here in Florida....messed up! this far south of Tampa bay area!

Yall have a good week!
 
Good Morning to all!

Simply isn't enough hours in the day to get all the stuff I want to do done. Will be spending most of today getting the work done for my annual report to Uncle Sam and the state sales taxes that are due this month. May sneak downstairs and play in the train room for a while if I get time.......

Have a great day everyone.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
West central Louisiana weather data for Monday, March 5th, 2007

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 19°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 31°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph N

Today High: 68 Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds.

Bacon and eggs for me today.

bacon.jpg
 
Here in the Finger Lakes we have a lot of white stuff coming down or should I say going sideways........!?! Right now I can't see the house across the Street. It is supposed to get down to 1°F with wind chills below -20°F. Already some very bad accidents on the highways and several Fire Dept. have been put on alert for the night. Typical March weather around here.............

May have to work on some train stuff so I don't have to look outside.
 
Hi guys,

Rex here challenged me to rethink my layout. I think I'm probably going to throw the whole layout out and start over from scratch. Including the Rock Ridge Module is just too limiting and makes me make compromises that I really don't want to make. So I figure to dump it, rethink things and IF it fits, put it back.

I'd rather not live with something for years over a couple weeks (months, years) work.
 
Big window/door

Good evening all!!

Whow Chip!! Going to throw the whole layout out.....:( Hope You will "stay"
In the time era from the "wild west":)
Yes it is better to design a layout one or two( or more) months longer than to start too early and "discover" during the buildingprocces that it is not what you had in mind....
It's like Life: always making descisions...and hoping you make the right one(s);)

Jos
 


Good evening all!
Hey Chip, the one good thing about starting all over is the fun of designing and building also starts all over.;) :)

Well time to go watch "24" on the teley. Got to see what mess Jack will get into tonight:D .
 
Chip - I felt that way when I read the Amstrong book after I'd already built my layout...I'm putting off rebuilding for another 4-5 years since I can still get enjoyment from this one even tho it's "incorrect"
 
Hi All ! Just stoppped in to warm up and have a nice big hot cup of coffee. Sure is cold out wind finally died down and it got cold down to 3 degress . Well goona get going take care and goodnght !
 
Guys, I've been putting starting this one for a reason. Must have thought it wasn't quite right. I've been working on things that will be directly usable on the new layout, but I just haven't been able to get things moving on the new layout.

The design I have isn't "bad""--we'll just see what shakes out the next few days.
 
Evening All: I got the track panels finished. It's alot easyer to go to the LHS and pick up some Snap Track. I have to make the rail joiners next. Atlas how about 7.5 in gauge?
Nothing else going on.
Mouse: I'm still toying with the idea of starting over. When the basement is cleaned out I'll get a better look at the situation.
Well it's really late so I'll say good night.
 
Goodmorning All! Well we went and broke a record which ha stood since 1901 in Buffalo, New York. Our overnight temperature hit 0 degrees . A record that I would rather not have . It's cold out there. Well at least were suppose to have a warm up come Friday it's going all the way up to 34 wow gotta break out the suntan lotion. going to make my oatmeal and a nice cup of coffee .have a real nice day all !
 
Morning everyone, it's actually been nice here temperature wise. It was around 73 yesterday and 60s all week long. Well hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
 
Good Morning All!!! Its a pleasant 2°F here this morning in the Finger Lakes. Going to get all the way up to 9°F later. According to the News, today has been canceled due to lack of warmth. "We're havin' a heat wave, Tropical heat wave......"

Back to work on my taxes and maybe some time on the layout since my meetings today have been canceled and I don't feel like shoveling snow until it stops blowing around. Oh, the city of Geneva plowed my neighbors lawn last night. Bet she will be giving the Highway Superintendent a piece of her mind as soon as she finds out...........
 


afternoon all,

Ken
I can still get enjoyment from this one even tho it's "incorrect"
I for one don't care if it is incorrect,,, to me it's fantastic looking and something to be proud of.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top