Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Gents,

I redid my plan last night and really like the results. Jos saved my butt though and pointed out that my yard track spacing was too tight. I used the program to build them so I thought I was safe.

Anyway, in the last year of helping people with track plans, I've built the track work using the same system of building yards. In all that time no one ever spotted that flaw--myself included.

So thanks again Jos.
 


Hello Gent's,
I don't believe it,,, i missed a steam train on a test run yesterday past my work's,,, and the kick in the butt today was ANOTHER different one also on a teat run missed,:mad:
the score this week
trains 2:D - me - 0:mad:
BUT there is another one tommorow morning and another Saturday morning so i recon i can make it a draw at least:D :D :D

Carey and you Southern fan's, this is for you picture taken by Don Burgess:D :D :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all! Time for lunch, Flo. How about a hot roast beef sandwich, ice tea, and a piece of that coconut cream pie...cold milk with the pie. Yummy!

NZKen: I am glad to hear the news, my friend. I like the looks of the house. Will you park a car or a locomotive in the garage?:D

Chip: I am following your thread and it seems you are working it out like you want. FYI: I also like to use 1 3/4" spacing in my yards. I haven't had any problems doing this and never have understood why anyone would want to eat up premium space with it wider when it's not necessary. If a car gets bumped and derails, just spread the cars out to put back on or lift it out. No problem!

Buffalo Paul: If you are still shivering, come on down...we got 70's today:p .
 
Chip: I am following your thread and it seems you are working it out like you want. FYI: I also like to use 1 3/4" spacing in my yards. I haven't had any problems doing this and never have understood why anyone would want to eat up premium space with it wider when it's not necessary. If a car gets bumped and derails, just spread the cars out to put back on or lift it out. No problem!

Thanks. Makes sense. I guess I'll forgive you for making me go through all this redesign. We're even pal.
 
Afternoon Ya'll! Flo coffee, and a nice piece of apple pie please!

Steve;
Fabulous shot!!! Looks like one of the inspirations for the SRR pres to choose that color for the passenger engines and trains back in the '20s

Spent a small part of the day (like almost 10 hours):rolleyes: over at Rex's yesterday,
mainly discussing what I don't know about steel mills! He still thinks its funny that I won't even consider having a steel mill on my layout as a MR living in B'ham. I think he liked it when I told him I could supply a lot of coal and some coke to his plant at a better rate than those crooks he dealing with now!;)

When I got home my sweet wife informed me that she had to take our cat, Beebop, to the Vet. She may have a urinary infection and the cat has lost some weight, and wanted to pee all over the place.:(

Just got good news!!!! It is a urinary infection, no stones, crystals or anything bad! No surgery needed, just 3 antibiotics and some special diet for 2 weeks. Vet said she couldn't believe the cat is almost 16. Shes not much bigger than a 3 month old kitten, and has always been active. YAY!:D
 
glad you like the pic's Carey, so you don't fancy starting a steel mill empire then.

Pick my new car up tommorow afternoon, i'm going to Manchester on the train so should see some loco's around the place.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Naw, too many of them around here. Eric's got to be thinking about it, Rex, Kenl, Glenn, at least 4 in my club, not counting the mini mill on the club layout.....My rr will make money selling them coal, coke and other raw materials!
 


Good evening all,

SteveB again great pictures :eek: of a working steamengine( got that website on my "favorites")
Chip your welcome!!:)
Rex I "can live "with 1 3/4 inch in scale HO( = about 4 cm ) between the tracks;) btw: I found a 90 degree crossing on your layout!!??:D :p
and back to the drawing room thanks for the coffee Flo, Oh and I'll try one of those super sweet sugared donuts, Yes that one..eh now the one at the ri..YES that one . Thanks FLO and have a nice day you all...

Jos
 
Oh yeah, I just received what I think may be one of the most important documents to my research of Cajon pass, from San Bernardino to Barstow. Its a 10 page booklet published by Santa Fe when they opened Barstow yard. Plenty of color pictures, and a huge fold out diagram/track plan!

From the looks of it, most of the buildings I can build from Plastruct parts.:)
 
Evening All ! been busy these mornings .Wife has lot of work to do for the local High School Cabaret this weekend. So I've been doing my little part.Oh I forgot to mention its a NEW York Central SD-45 so when I finish putting the rails on etc. will post it. Well gotta get going hope all have a nice evening !
 
SOLD!! To the university lecturer and his family.

We're celebrating tonight with a feed of fish and chips and a few bourbons!! A little bit of stress has just lifted off our shoulders.

Now we're excited about the new place, we have the agent coming over Sunday night to give us the details and sign us up.

So bottoms up guys thanks for putting up with me!!

Ken.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK Chip and the rest of the XtrkCad fan club, if you wanted to get me...you did. Here it is almost 2am, I have a headache, and I am going to bed and have nightmares with funny looking lines and squares and horrible little thingies dancing around in my eyeballs.:eek:
Good night all!:)
 
Ceee- e- e -elebration come on!!!!

Hope I'll be the second one Ken: very great news, congratulations!! Have a good masage for your shoulders!
Do I have to "ungrease" my 6 shooter??? lol( designbullets)
Rex: did you wrote HeadaXtrCad???:p :rolleyes:
Josh That is an intresting booklet! Barstow yard is that opened in the last centurie, I mean before WW II or even more back in history...?
and a gooooood morning from the other side ...
Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/9/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Now: Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Today: High: 75 Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight: Low: 50 Decreasing clouds. Lows around 50. Light and variable winds.

I'll have french toast today.

french-toast.jpg
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top