Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All ! Larry glad to hear that you got the shoulder fixed, Had many operations and boy can it hurt afterwords. Steve , How often do they inspect these tracks? I mean visually inspect? think they would do a better job with that kind of operation. Josh that is one long engine there. I just got a couple of Goodyear hopper cars in the mail, Kind I use to climb in and then fill up with resins. Will post them when I get them boult. Hope everyon has a real nice day !
 
Josh - I remember saving up for Athearn's version of that when I was 13, sure brings back memories!

Texas Paul - It appears your getting injured more these days than when you were in the workforce, are you sure retiring was a good idea after all?:p

Larry - hope you have a speedy recovery, bet you're glad that's over with at least!
 


Good evening! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


02-28-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Hey Bill, missed you this morning. Where were you?

Been a long day here. The rehearsal went well. Huge set up for choirs, dancers, Jazz band, and speakers. Show is twice on Friday. Then off to a Zoning Board of Appeals meeting to fight against a project a "big box" wants to add to a store. May actually have some time to work on trains tomorrow.
 
Ken: YES, I didn't do it soon enough. At least the blood is being spilled for my projects.I didn't hurt myself today. I only got one track section done today. I had several problems popup that I had to fix and then the milling cutter broke. I found a spare but too late to go any farther. I have all the parts ready for 2 more sections so I'll weld them up first thing tomorrow.
Well It's time to hit the sack.
Good Night All
 
*hehe* I have an SD90/43MAC coming too. But I think I'll have to get one more at least and make an SD90MAC-H, and then mate it with an AC6000CW and this DD40AX... Three units, 18600hp!
 
Good morning all from a damp and rather windy day here in Scotland.

I luv this site and seeing some of the foods on offer - droooooling - as always - waistline - alert!!!

I just love anything to do with Railroad in the United States and Canada - and hopefully one day will visit and enjoy a railroad experience or two.

Keep the coffee flowing - and keep warm and healthy - from Phil a new member here.
 
I probably won't be on much today. Being that it's the first of the month, I need to pay some bills and make my monthly drive to the LHS in Alexandria. They have some things there I want to look at. I don't know exactly what I'm buying today, but I'm bringing something home. I'm not gonna make a 120 mile drive and come back empty-handed.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/1/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 23mph SSW

High: 74 °F
Low: 44 °F


Today High: 72 Cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Clearing in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly clear. Much colder. Lows around 40. Northwest winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Who's up for pancakes and OJ?

pancakes.jpg
oj.jpg
 


I probably won't be on much today. Being that it's the first of the month, I need to pay some bills and make my monthly drive to the LHS in Alexandria. They have some things there I want to look at. I don't know exactly what I'm buying today, but I'm bringing something home. I'm not gonna make a 120 mile drive and come back empty-handed.


Jeff;

I hope you wait until the storms pass before you go! Just saw on NEXRAD Tornado warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings extending from just SW of Alexandria to just over the MS line. Be Careful.

Big cuppa coffee there Flo. I need it. Got woke up this morning be thunderstorm rolling thru that didn't have any rain with it at first, just quarter-sized hail!

They say we're gonna have some real BAD weather here today! Looks like its building up even worse than in LA.
 
Good Morning all and you are always welcome at the Coffee Shop, CP-Fan.
Had a good (long) yesterday with Carey coming over. We managed to clear the old Steel Mill site and transport the structures to a temporary location while the land is being prepared for the mill re-location. I just love creating work, stress, pain, and pounding headaches:eek: :D Hopefully, it will all come together for a better operation and still be a focal point of scenery.

Hope all of you (us) in the storm areas keep it safe today. The weather situation is so unstable most anything could happen, anywhere.
 
HELLO EVERYONE,,, it's a full house in here today flo.

Paul The track is inspected by a track testing train every fortnight, they test for cracked rail, uneaven track and allsorts of other stuff, the data from the previous test is being analised to see if anything show's up, not sure how often a visual takes place,

evening meals ready, Sausage, mash, onion gravy and veg, Mmmmm
 
Hi All !! Phil a big welcome to the cofffee table, pull up a chair and enjoy a nice big cup of Joe, Ray I know what yu mean about those concerts, My wife has been hellping a music teacher at our local high school for 13 years now . They have a Cabaret Night which is this weekend, It is all vocals and she does the decorating for the event . She has been running around for the past month accumulating stuff for it. Be glad when it is over she really gets worn out. But it's a labor of love. We have a Winter Storm Watch here , A big mess of snow,freezing rain and then rain , looks like it's gonna be quite a day ! Steve guess they don't have enough fil safe things going on those tracks. Well gonna go and batten down the hatches have a real nice day all !!!
 
I just looked at weather.com: awfully grim picture down southeast!:eek: Bama guys, stay safe from those twisters - be sure to check-in here when it passes to let us all know you're OK...

Phil (CP-Fan) - welcome to the 'shop, all kinds of good stuff around here (just ask Flo). Question for you: Is haggis still a popular food in your country?

Jeff - hope you found something good on your trip, share some pix if you got 'em!

I wore my raincoat to work today in preparation, so of course it's bone-dry here in MD.
 


Yeah Nice Steve, alittle bit out of town for my liking (and my boss) commuting would be a killer (guys it's in the north island 1.5 hrs by air.)

Looks like we've sold!!!!!!!!!!! They Confirm next Friday and pay deposit.

$70K less than we wanted but I think it's take it or leave it. So the place we signed up for is outa our league now (we have a legal out clause)

We have till the end of May to find something, we'll be cash buyers tho which makes it attractive to vendors

Ken.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top