Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All ! Jeffrey know what you mean about feeling lousy , The other day my blood sugar was 67 and I felt like I was gonna keel over , Usually when it gets that low I get the cold sweats so I know that it is low. Steve congrats. ,sometimes ingnorance can be a bliss for others. Well hope all have a real nice rest of the day !
 
...After thinking about my rework of the steel mill area and all that is involved, I believe that I will start a thread following the step-by-step progress: from tear down to re-build. Hopefully, KenL and others will be able to input their ideas as I go along with the transformation. I need to get some "before" pictures, but probably will do this in the next few days. Maybe this will be close to what boss Bob has been trying to get us to do more of and it will show another important dimension of our hobby--Changing Course:D ...

Still ain't answered my question!!!!

Do I need ta bring my crowbar!?????:confused: I ain't a Wrecking Crew member fur nuttin"!!:D

Darned educators,,,,,sometimes gota hitem' wit' a 2x4 justa get der attention!:p:D
 


Still ain't answered my question!!!!

Do I need ta bring my crowbar!?????:confused: I ain't a Wrecking Crew member fur nuttin"!!:D

Darned educators,,,,,sometimes gota hitem' wit' a 2x4 justa get der attention!:p:D


Ok, you can come on over Wednesday; I know how good you are at tearing things up:eek: :D . Bring the sledge while your at it.
Edjuhkator? Whas dat?:p

Eric: I'm going to getcha!
On the serious side, let me know how Ray is doing when you know something.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon,
Just read the official accident report from the Rail Accident investigation buro, the turnout was in a very bad way, The point rail should have had three stretcher bar's holding them together, one was missing, the other two were not even bolted on. The right point rail was against the right track and the left point rail was also against the left track, the train went both ways at the same time jumping off the rails as the gap narrowed and that was that. The missing bolt's were found in the ballast and no foul play is suspected
 
Ok, you can come on over Wednesday; I know how good you are at tearing things up:eek: :D . Bring the sledge while your at it.
Edjuhkator? Whas dat?:p

Eric: I'm going to getcha!
On the serious side, let me know how Ray is doing when you know something.

Rex;
Ya want the 12lb or the 16lb??:rolleyes:

Eric;
Yes,Let us know asap! He is after all one of our own AGR members!!:(
One of our club members, Roy Stewart, 85yrs old, is having a colon resection Thursday. He's real nervous about it. Since I had one over 10yrs ago, he's been talking to me about it. Hope he's not anymore nervous than he was before I talked to him.:(

Steve;

Uuuuhhh-someone's been a bad boy! Can your folks over there sue the RR for damages in cases like this? Or if you found out who didn't finish repairing the switch?? But no matter the "punishment", just imagine living with that on your head for the rest of your life!
 
Hey guys. I just got off the phone with Ray's mom. She said he came thru just fine and should be going home tomorrow.

For anyone wondering, a while back Ray went for a check up since he turned 50. His PSA levels were up and a biopsy showed prostrate cancer. It was diagnosed as stage 2 and his doc says he's got a 95% recovery rate. I'm telling everyone this for one reason. Ray was told that had he come in a year or so from now that there would have been nothing that could have been done to help him. Ya'll get checked early and often. The PSA test is a simple blood test that cold very well save your life.
 
Thanks Eric; that is excellent news. By the way he described the robotic surgery method, I didn't think that it would be too bad. I just hope they got it all.
 


Had my rotator cuff repaired this mornin. Good news is that it was only a 20% tear and the doc also found a bone spur that he removed while in there. The guy who gave me the knockout drops was supposed to have given a block for pain. Either he missed or the dang thing wore off to quick. Thank goodness for the 500Mg pain pills. 2 of them evry four hours makes it bearable. Going to go beddy bye now
 
Hi Gang: Not much going on here. I got 2 more track sections done today before my back shut me down. Doing so much work turning the crank on the milling machine and bending half over to do the welding got my back sore. I'll get an early start tomorrow.
Larry: Good to hear that your rotator cuff was repaired all right and got the bone spure as a bonus. My cuff was torn completely. The doc got it rapaired with a screw and some wire. It dosen't bother me at all now. The rehab took a couple of months in therapy and the rest just went with time.
Well I'm going to say good night.
This is the ROF signing off.
 
Josh, she's beautiful. JEEZE, it's BIG!

PaulW: darn fellow, a little retirement work and you're hurtin? You gotta learn to put off today what you can do tomorrow and when you want to, work an hour and rest 2 hours, never have your glasses handy to read the honey-do list, forget to buy gas for lawn mowers/tractors, and always take a day or two for planning your tasks for yesterday:D .

Larry: glad it went well for you and hope the pain resides soon;) . Just follow the Doc's and Therapist's instructions to the letter.
 

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/28/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

High: 74 °F
Low: 61 °F


Today High: 72 Cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. Slight chance of sprinkles in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 62 Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

I want an omelet with all the fixings.

omelet.jpg
 
wonder where all of the mornin revelers are. ain't seen bill since sunday and no other greeters this mornin yet, everyone have a great day as i am having, boy it is a pain to try and type with 1 hand
 
Morning everyone, well the week is half over :) I didn't get anything accomplished on trying to design a layout lastnight, ended up just relaxing and watching a little basketball. Well have a good day everyone.
 
Nick, this is a hobby dang it. You have to work on it every second your not with your family or at work. Gee, some people just never learn the meaning of obsession.
 
LOL I'll remember that Chip, can I come stay at your place when my wife kicks me out for not spending any time with her?? :D
 
Mornin' Jeffrey!

uhhhmm, Mornin' Mouse!

Hi Nick, Larry.

Larry, hope you are on the mend. May take a while but I bet you are already glad you had it done.

I have to set up sound today for an assembly program at school on Friday. All the acts have to rehearse on stage late this afternoon so we can see what doesn't work and try to figure out what to do.........
 


Larry Take it easy there Larry, don't try to do to much to soon.
Ray, nick afternoon
At work today, a guy got run over with a reach truck, what was amazing was he didn't get any injury whatsoever, amazing. The lord was watching over him, maybe not before the collision but he was during it

Carey the person responsible will get a good ass whupping,,,, from the men who didn't do the job right, to there supervisor, to the area supervisor and the head shed, all the way to corporate manslaughter, head's will roll.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top