Recent content by OldTrail

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. O

    Coffee shop one-three

    whats happening? heres the lastest with me. there seems to be some changes in my modeling, as most know, i have been remoldeling the basement, then wife comes up with a new plan, get this, when the house is done, she wants an over sized 30' by 50 foot garage, so i says, what ever you want...
  2. O

    Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

    Ray / Rex I try to get most of out wood off our property. I TRY to get the nice red oak rounds that seam to die off at about the 6" dia and plenty fall every season., plus, this year and last we had bad gypsy mohs, so the picken's are good. I dont mind splitting wood (maul and wedge) but its...
  3. O

    First train set does NOT work! Help!

    English's Model Rail Road Supply is a VERY reputable dealer. when i lived in williamsport a frequented the place often and was always satisfied. now, living almost 2 hours away, i would take the drive anytime to do bussiness with him. I know its dissapointing, but i wouldnt loose any sleep over...
  4. O

    Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

    Wow, you guys got it easy on the fire wood..... we use ONLY wood fired heat for our house and burn about TEN cords per season. (thats 40 face cords for Ray!!) Ray, i knew what a face cord was, but never really herd the term used as much as you do, must be a upper NY thing. Here in southern PA...
  5. O

    Tinplate or Hi-rail? Yes!

    thanks guys, this gets me started, anyway. I would have to change all the couplers any way, perhaps the wheel sets as well, as there are two different coupler types, one is a knuckle and the other is like a hook. the wheels all have bad flanges ect. these trains were in operation until i packed...
  6. O

    Tinplate or Hi-rail? Yes!

    I have some questions.I looked around but this thread seems slow, so I'll ask away., as most know I am an N scale modeler. BUT I just inhertited a large colection of American Flyer from my Grand father. I think I may be up for a scale change. the questions: Just what scale is this? S ? can the...
  7. O

    WEEKEND PHOTO FUN 19 - 20 - 21 Sept

    jeff, why were those flat cars raised so high? nice job on the retrofit. Ryan
  8. O

    Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

    foamers????? Foamers? thats a new one..........to me.... almost be littleling.... any way I managed to salvage most of the American flyer trains from my grand fathers estate, its almost enough to switch up from N scale.... thid may get interesting..
  9. O

    Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

    I havent been in for a while, has Flo raised the prices? Any way, my grand father passed away last week, and has left me with his entire American Flyer collection. However, my sister, in her ingnorance and arogance, has since allowed her three yr old son to play with them and run all over the...
  10. O

    Weekend photofun 13/14/15 June

    Great work every one. we are moving to a new warehouse, which is located along a set of Norfolk Southern main line. we were there for an hour last week and a saw two trains, so its a busy spot....Can't wait....Ryan
  11. O

    Long Weekend "Worker's day" Photo Fun!!! May 1-2-3 and 4

    jeff, the results on the second attempt to weather look pretty good. did you just wash it, or are the spots and such intentional? if its just a wash, i think im gonna give it a try, then go from there. Ryan
  12. O

    Coffee Shop Part 10

    Its great to see everyones doing well (i just skimmed the last 100 posts, its been a few months since i was in) so i hope all is well! No modeling, the basement is still not drywalled, but the plastic and computer de-manufacturing factory I opened is doing WELL. I thought it was going to be...
  13. O

    Coffee shop part 9

    well here it goes... the recycleing bussiness is booming...(were Scrappers for those who dont know) we got a new home!!!! (leased of course). But i can do my scrapping and the internet store for leftovers catering to my MMR friends!!!! ( motors, belts cogs, switches, ect most are MIL-SPEC) I'll...
  14. O

    Feb 22 Week(end) Photo Fun

    jeffery, i may too late to spur a conversation about this, but that pic you posted of that tool shed (or was it last week) proves a point that that no one i know seems to understand........ even an old model power or plastic ville or whatever CAN BE SOMETHING. outstanding work, thus again...
  15. O

    Coffee shop part 9

    jeffery.......52 deg is cool? it was 45 here and I was out side in a short sleeve shirt!! it felt almost like summer compared to latly!! Ryan




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top