Coffee shop part 9

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been in much, we've been dealing with car purchasing...I hate shopping for cars! The wife's car wouldn't start one day, then an oil burning smell - the oil separator (BMW's over-engineered version of a PCV valve) froze up and blew out a bit of the rocker cover gasket. Not earth shattering, but the vac leaks it causes just pisses this car right off. Plus a bunch of other repairs in the future led us to trade it (with the oil leak problem). Now she's driving a 2009 Matrix.

In case anyone ever wants to own a BMW (especially in cold climates), just wait until it gets to 8 or 9 years old. All heck breaks loose (literally). :)

Mark
 
Phillip, glad to hear your wife can move her leg even a little. How is her pain level?

Personally, I think she's much better this time then the first time through. She went for an hour today with no pain meds before she couldn't take it and had to have some. She was real sore, and I'm not sure why she did it, but she did it. Maybe just to prove to herself that she could?
 
It's official! I now have my Athearn BB F7 A-B set under DCC control. They're running well with no flickers or shorts. I did a speed test on them and I can't believe how fast they were going. They outran my Proto 2000 PA-1, and it's a speed demon. Right now I have the throttle turned one inch and they're running a scale 45 mph. They can creep really slow too. I'm going to have to get more of these DZ125's when I can afford them. Let's see, I have a $132 tax refund coming in, I wonder...
 


well here it goes... the recycleing bussiness is booming...(were Scrappers for those who dont know) we got a new home!!!! (leased of course). But i can do my scrapping and the internet store for leftovers catering to my MMR friends!!!! ( motors, belts cogs, switches, ect most are MIL-SPEC) I'll be hosting in the propper catogory when its ready. God bless you all and also to those whom said i was nuts for buy this stuff....(not on this website)....

Best Reguards...Ryan
 
03-05-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Menu3.png
waitress1.png
 
Good morning folks

Is this still March? It was 55 F as I left this morning. High today is supposed to reach 56 F and then start falling. We had some heavy rain and wind overnight. Branches were down all over the neighborhood. Twice during the night once around 1 AM and the second time around 4:30 AM I was awaken by very loud thunderstorms rolling through.

I finally figured out a way to hang the backdrop without destroying half the layout and was able to do a photo session. This meant that I had to tidy up some more of the layout.

Yesterday’s meetings went sort of as expected. Two went through fine. The third was a battle. One of the consultants started to get mad and testy with me. I guess it was a case of how dare I ask them to follow the rules and criteria. They will be resubmitting the corrected project at a later date.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning.

It's 37 and clear. Expecting a high of 68 and getting partly cloudy toward late afternoon.

I did the installation of my new Digitrax DZ125 decoders into my Athearn BB F7 A-B set last night. The two locos are running like champs and pulling like crazy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/5/2008


Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 37°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SE

Today High: 68 Sunny...warmer. Highs in the upper 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' everyone!

It's a fairy tale scene outside this morning here in the Finger Lakes. Everything looks like glass crystal. Got about 3/8ths of an inch of ice with the storm last night. I will try to get a couple photos before it all melts away.

I've been putting the finishing touches on a short promo video for our Boy Scouts Councils Sci Tek Camp. The head of the Marketing Committee came over yesterday to see that and what other possibilities for videos I had (actually I think it was to see if I know what I'm doing......). He was very pleased and said "The ball is in your court, take it and run with it" Of course I think that would get me a foul for traveling. :rolleyes: ;) I also had one of our Eagle Scouts who attended the camp last year pop over to see it. His response was, "very cool!" Today I show it to the Sci Tek committee and then it get tweaked and ready for You-Tube. I'll post a link when its up.

Got a lot to get done and no time, so I'll see you all later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all!

The ice storm has passed and, while it was ugly for a while, it's settled down nicely now. It's supposed to start back up again this weekend though. Never a dull moment here in Indiana!

Been trying to get some layout time lately, but it just hasn't worked out. Maybe I'm trying to cram too much into my days, huh? Work, school, nursemaid, husband and dad......too much I guess. Maybe soon.........

In the meantime, whats going on with you folks?
 
Good Morning All ! Spent the last two hours blowing the dirveway off. About two inches is snow and ice not fun even with a blower. Just glad that it went through without too much damage. Well now have to go out and get the old girl some dog food . She's down to her last two scoops so better get to the pet store. quick cup of coffee and out the door . hope all have a nice day !!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Nice c-o-l-d day today, got up to frozen rain everywhere, tonight is going to be the opposite, warm and dry, thats more like it, gave Tesco stores another ear bashing on the way home, the wifes up and about, sore knee, elbow, neck, shoulder and so on, now she's at work looking after poorly patients.
 
Steve, that's really too bad that your wife was treated so shabbily. Seems as if the UK must be following a large part of the US into not caring about their fellow man. I will say that, here in Alabama, there would have been about five people over helping her. Folks here haven't yet been infected by that uncaring spirit.

Paul, I know you must really love that snow blowing thing to be going through ice and snow. Must be the challenge of it all. :)

Phillip, women practice seeing how much pain they can take. I think it has something to do with childbearing and all that. OTOH, just load me up with narcotics and I'll be fine. :D

Ray, I do remember those ice storms when the sun came out. It made the fact we had no power and couldn't go anywhere almost worth it. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you with that video. You should find a way to work in your layout somehow as long as you're going to be doing video anyway.

Jeffery, good for you on the those decoders. I've got an A-B-A set with some NCE decoders that I haven't worked up the courage to install. Given my fabulous electrical skills, I'm sure I'll have questions for you.

Ryan, good luck with the new house and the scrapping business. You have to know way more about materials than I ever could to succeed in that line of endeavor.

Mark, I personally think BMW's are overpriced, over engineered, and not very well made for the price you pay for them. I thik getting rid of it was a smart move. That Matrix will run forever by comparison.

Things have calmed down in here in Dixie with a nice, sunny day and a temperature of 68. The cold air really never made it as far south as the weather boys expected and it only got down to 37 last night instead of the 27 they were predicting. Nothng terrible on the horizon for at least a week so I'll enjoy the nice weather and remember why I hate snow blowers. :D
 
Hi everyone! We made it home yesterday just fine with our new home-away-from-home travel trailer. I drove it in 15-20 mile winds with gusts, Interstate highway, and town driving without any problem (of course my knuckles were white:D ). Boy, those stablizer bars and anti-sway bar sure make it nice to handle.
Here she is. The slide-out is where the dinette and sofa are. Amazing what extra room is provided by it. Yeah, I know, "That's not camping!" (It is for older people:D :D )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This was today at the Howard house.....Surprisingly the raods were well salted and clear. I went to Canandaigua to feed my sister's cat and there were only a few tree limbs down. Power never went off. If we had gotten another eighth of an inch, things would have been much different I think.

Ice1w.png


Ice2w.png


Ice4w.png


Anyone for ice Skating?
 
Good Morning Bill !!! Another beautiful day here in Buffalo , No snow or ice , Ray looks like you got more ice and we got more ice and snow !!! but then again your further "South" then us . Rex looks like you'll be camping in style nowadays . Best of luck with the new camper ! Well gotta get the daughter up for school so hope all have a terrific day !!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

As I rolled out onto the roads this morning it was 34 F on its way to 55 F. Guess what we have more rain coming this weekend.

I didn’t get any modeling last night. We had Cub Scout Den Meetings.

Looks like you lucked out Ray. It is funny how pretty things can look after an ice storm. Of course on the other hand, I remember the January 94 storm. Kids playing ice hockey in our driveway, no power for 36 hours, everything covered in about 3 to 4 inches of ice. It took me until April to get all the Christmas decorations in because after the ice storm it kept snowing. It is because of this storm I have a liking for the Niagara Region. It was crews from Niagara Power and Light that got the power back on in our neighborhood.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning.

It's 46 here at the moment but is guaranteed to get warmer as the day progresses with a 50% chance that we'll get wet.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/6/2008


Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 48°F
Low: 47°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 68 Increasing clouds. A 50 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then showers and thunderstorms likely after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/p1010001-48.jpg
 


Mornin'!

Weather guesser is saying low 40's today, but snow starts back up tomorrow and could be 6-9 inches by Saturday. Here we go again!

Not much else going on. Just doing schoolwork, working, paying bills, and playing nurse to the wife.

And HEY!!!! Ray is rollin' in style! Nice toy!

Whats up with you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top