Feb 22 Week(end) Photo Fun

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


FamilyLinesCvrdHopper03.jpg

WOW is all I can say.
 


Heres my photo fun. All this hot /cold weather temperature transition is cracking my ballast! :( I need to fix it.

DSC00064.jpg


DSC00056.jpg
 
A recent project--Shaft #1 of the Champion Mine in South Yuba Canyon on my Yuba River Sub. It was modified from a Grandt Line kit with a scratch-built Skip car. Now I need to find some miners to populate the thing, LOL!

120067775.jpg


120067818.jpg


Tom
 


jeffery, i may too late to spur a conversation about this, but that pic you posted of that tool shed (or was it last week) proves a point that that no one i know seems to understand........ even an old model power or plastic ville or whatever CAN BE SOMETHING. outstanding work, thus again proving that you dont have to buy a 50.00 DPM gold kit to have EXCELLENT results. great work jeff.....

Ryan
 
Thanks Ryan. That's a leftover from one of my old layouts from the 80's. Back then I did a lot of super-detailing of my layouts, something I can't do anymore.

Here are today's offerings.

P1010008-12.jpg


P1010002-42.jpg
 
Jeffrey--

Those are GREAT photos of that abandoned loco. Talk about nostalgic! What camera are you using? I've just picked up a new Canon with 7.2 pixels, but I'm haveing a devil of a time trying to get good shots to come out.

But I really like the detail there--especially what you've done with the undergrowth around the loco.

Tom
 
Jeffrey--

Those are GREAT photos of that abandoned loco. Talk about nostalgic! What camera are you using? I've just picked up a new Canon with 7.2 pixels, but I'm haveing a devil of a time trying to get good shots to come out.

But I really like the detail there--especially what you've done with the undergrowth around the loco.

Tom
I used an Olympus 3.0 megapizel D550Z with the shutter speed at 1/6th of a second, no flash, F# 2.9.
 
here's some crappy pics taken with my sisters camera.
Walthers russell snow plow kit. Undecorated and will be primered once it warms up outside. Walthers dico side dump in SP MOW markings. I'll figure out how to strip this one sooner or later. And Athearn blue box NYSW bay window caboose.

For some reason all three seem out of scale to each other.
russellsnowplow.png

sidedump.png

lineup.png
 
Nice billboard, Chessie. Is that one by Blair Line? I really like their billboards. I'd try painting the frame and supports an olive green though. That much white is kind of blinding next to the rest of that dark scenery

NYSW, the cars really are out of scale with each other, which is why they look that way. The Russell is about 30% larger than a normal box. They built them big and heavy to withstand all that bucking through the drifts. The Divco dump car looks odd because the car sides are so low. They were made low intentionally so the ballast load could be dumped evenly between the tracks. The caboose looks small because it's next to that monster engine. :)
 
Nice equipment NYSW but if you put the plow in front of the engine and the caboose at the rear I think it would look much better !
 


Shots of two of my three Akane Yellowstones--should have #3 up and posing in another week or so when the new PSC castings arrive.

103331513.jpg


113475897.jpg


The first loco was the one I got for a birthday present in 1964, the second is one I got about 4 years ago.

Tom
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top