Feb 22 Week(end) Photo Fun

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Everything is lookin' good this week.

I'm lovin' the wooden water tank and the "slightly charred" diesel engine... can you say Bar-B-Q.

I'm starting the walther's wooden coaling tower tonight. I'll have some pix up tomorrow.
 


Here's another view of my old GP40 lashed up with a GP35. Anybody care to take a guess at how old the GP40 is?

IMAG0003-10.jpg
 
Jeffrey, you get to join me as an official member of the Alzheimer's Club. :) You told us how old that GP 40 was in your first post.
 
I really like that video of the F7 A/B units Ron. It shows how long your run really is which is fantastic. Looks like you guys are doing a great job of laying enough track to keep it all really interesting. :cool:
 


Great looking pictures everyone.

I just recieved my girder bridge by Central Valley and assembled it last night. And my current project is the colonial house by atlas.
What would someone recommend using to weather a black bridge?
Grace001-1.jpg

Grace003-1.jpg

Grace002-1.jpg

Grace004-1.png
 
Got to spend a couple of hours in the shed today :D Ive been working on the scenery around the crane

Step 1, Concrete effect to the loading bay grey for the road

S7003591.jpg


Ballast & Ratio fence posts (chainling and triple top wires to be added.

S7003611.jpg


S7003604.jpg


Mainline round the back

S7003602.jpg


S7003600.jpg


(Notice the back of the shed door now has a full plyback and sky paint job !!)

View back

S7003606.jpg


Hours more fun adding details to come next !! :D

John
RJR
 
I still want to hear that burnt up 4400 running BTW :D I'll send another email with the quick startup instead of the 30 second long one :P
 
Spent some time don at the hobby store today absorbing knowledge from the local experts. I was able to pick up some track to get started on a small staging area that will morph into a switching yard over time. Current plans are for the staging area to start out as part of a shelf layout and will progress down the line.

Since I was already at the shop :D I decided to go through some of the rolling stock and came across an Athearn RTR 50' Boxcar in Minnesota, Northfield, & Southern colors that will fit in nicely with my plans so I snatched it. Pretty nice car and they are not expensive.

2286315071_676c51a264_o.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends: Its have been an excellent weekend, nice photos everyone!!!

I've been traveling, visiting some family at the mining town of El Salvador, wich originaly was opened and runned by Andes Mining Company (from states), for more info www.losandinos.com

So I'm trying to visit the rail area to make photos of Cooper trains.
Yesterady I find those units running across the desert.

 
I still want to hear that burnt up 4400 running BTW :D I'll send another email with the quick startup instead of the 30 second long one :P

I'm working on it. That engine has been a hit at the train show so far. The general public doesn't really notice it, but my fellow modelers are impressed. I'm trying to get a video of it running this weekend. Thanks again for the sound files.
 
Jeffrey, you get to join me as an official member of the Alzheimer's Club. :) You told us how old that GP 40 was in your first post.
So I did. Must have slipped my mind.

There was a bit of a derailment today. KCS 4740 jumped the track at the west turnout.

P1010003-36.jpg


P1010009-11.jpg


P1010006-24.jpg
 
Michael--

Love those Central Valley girder bridges--I've got several on the Yuba River Sub and they're sure good looking, aren't they?

As to your question on weathering, I've had some pretty good luck by using a really light spray of Floquil boxcar red on my black bridges--just enough to give them some character. I usually shoot it up from the bottom after masking everything around the bridge. Just a light spray,but it seems to work for me.
Not a CV bridge, but here's a photo of one of my weathered Atlas trusses:
130117153.jpg


Hope it helps.

Tom
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A good weekend so far folks! I have been little by little working on a panel for the turnouts in the hidden staging area. I had 4 different DPDT toggles to control the area that were on 2 different facia panels. I had trouble myself always trying to remember how they had to be thrown to get a clear route into and out of the staging. Unfortunately the turnouts are not visible in the staging area from where you have to operate them. So as part of the requirements for the Model Railroad Engineer Electrical AP award I hope to have simplified this considerably.

It used to part of this:

Labels01a.png


Here is the rats nest of wiring for it:

StagingWiring01w.png


Mostly wired up and working correctly:

StagingWiring02w.png


StagingWiring03w.png


Still waiting for a holder for one more Bi-color LED to come in. As soon as it gets here, I can finish the wiring, put on labels to identify the routes, and it will be done. The panel(s) are painted in gloss black. Why? I had some gloss black on hand when I started the project a long time ago, so they are gloss black. Have any idea how hard it is to get a decent photo of gloss black. Every source of light shows as a bright spot on it.........
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Attended a great show in Bentonville, AR today. Sponcered by the Northwest Arkansas railroad group. Went away with both first and second place in structures out of the three pieces I took for the modeling contest. First Place structures was the D&RGW 50,000 gallon tank, while the Second Place was a freelanced shortline 30,000 gallon tank. Not quite like placing at the Nationals but still a large regional show.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top