your layouts

Enjoying all the fine layouts submitted. Keep'um coming!

Great shots of your fine layout, Glenn. FYI: Bill has now joined you in pestering me to install a staging area for "Yonder-ville":D .

Phillip, Glenn has one heck of a smooth operating layout. I have had the pleasure of attempting operations twice and really enjoyed every moment (that I wasn't trying to re-rail cars that I knocked over:D :D ).

Rex,

The staging area is critical to improving operations on your layout. Proper staging can take your layout from a good looking train layout to a fine operating model railroad. Staging can make your layout operate as good as it looks!:)

I could be available for a consultation.:D

Glenn

All the layouts look great. I love the diversity of everyones. It's nice to see the different stages that everyone is at, from planning to complete layouts. Inspiring!

Here's my contribution to this thread

PRR_Schuylkill_Div_revised_branch_siding_2.gif

I started building this layout, with my Dad, back in October 2006. The picture below is the most recent work I've done. The backdrop in the middle of the photo and the 4 fluorescent light fixtures above are the newest addition to the layout.

View attachment 7104

For a full progress report look at my link in my signature.

I've glanced at this thread a couple of times but tonight is the first time I have actually spent some time looking at all your work. Some excellent stuff here.

This is a track plan of the Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western RR. The SLOW is a fictional RR located in the heart of the Finger Lakes region of NYS. The way back machiner is set for August, 1925. Although the name is fictional, some industries and places are real. Only the names have been changed to protect the guilty......

LayoutCompositeweb.png

There have been some modifications in room 2 since this track plan was done.

Photos of the layout being built (in another decade or two it should be finished - only been in progress for 25 years so far) can be found here:

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/slow_rr/SLOW_RR/

Ok, been finally catching up on the forum, and it looks like its my turn to post.:D

My layout is 17 x 23 ft. Mutilevel. Code 100 in hidden areas. Mainline will be code 83. Branch line (past the mine), sidings and spurs will be code 70. In the drawings, all hidden track is dashed. :)

Photo 1
Browns staging. completely hidden. has return loop for turning trains coming out of staging.

Photo 2.
Prattville staging. Except for a short section, like Browns, completely hidden. Largest staging yards on layout.

Photo 3.
Main Level. Has main yard and HQ in Selma, with Branch line connecting in Burnsville. Burnsville has a small engine facility for a helper as needed.

Photo 4.
Jones Branch. Has track up to the mine, Plantersville, to just beyond Stanton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, the last photo is of the end of the branch at Maplesville. The Jones sub (branch line) is set as a constantly climbing grade from Brunsville all the way to Maplesville. Maplesville actually sets about a foot above Jones aand as a result for clarity, it was drawn separately.

Hope yall like what I'm doing.

Currently, only the staging is finished, with me still having to wire and attach a mechanism to two turnouts. As soon as I can, I'll get it done and will be proceding up to Selma.

Back